Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

tomaldinho1

It's a building...

The amount I've heard about this stadium in the build up to it opened had me expecting something completely revolutionary. Actually, it's just a very slightly bigger and swankier version of the Emirates - like going from an iphone x to an xs.

Time to get back to concentrating on football

deadrevelz

If I was building a new stadium I would go full Bond villain. It would look like a castle hewn into the top of a mountain. Before kick off flames would shoot from the roof in the shape of the devil. It would not pass planning permission.

FireballXL5

So now they can watch their team perennially bottle it in better surroundings. Good stuff.

finneh

However, the new stadium is going to generate around £100m extra revenue per year compared to WHL.
Wildly optimistic. £60-65m would be a far more realistic figure... No investor would shell out £900m for a £60m annual payback. Especially in a market where TV revenue comfortably outweighs match day revenue.

An investment made 20 years too late.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Wildly optimistic. £60-65m would be a far more realistic figure... No investor would shell out £900m for a £60m annual payback. Especially in a market where TV revenue comfortably outweighs match day revenue.

An investment made 20 years too late.
According to Deloitte’s football money league, for the 2016-17 season Arsenal made £100 million in gate receipts compared with £45.3 million for Spurs at WHL: a gap of £55m

Given that our new stadium is the same capacity as the Emirates - and that the ticket prices are expensive - that's an extra £55m at least that will be coming in.

When you add in the sale of stadium naming rights, income from a range of other stadium-related sponsorship deals, income from corporate boxes, NFL income, income from the various non-football entertainment events we can now hold, plus income from the range of food, drink and the (many) other facilities, £100m extra income is likely to be a conservative figure.

Then there is the hotel and two blocks of apartments … and more.

You are out of touch with reality.

Last edited:

finneh

According to Deloitte’s football money league, for the 2016-17 season Arsenal made £100 million in gate receipts compared with £45.3 million for Spurs at WHL: a gap of £55m

Given that our new stadium is the same capacity as the Emirates - and that the ticket prices are expensive - that's an extra £55m at least that will be coming in.

When you add in the sale of stadium naming rights, income from a range of other stadium-related sponsorship deals, income from corporate boxes, NFL income, income from the various non-football entertainment events we can now hold, plus income from the range of food, drink and the (many) other facilities, £100m extra income is likely to be a conservative figure.

Then there is the hotel and two blocks of apartments … and more.

You are out of touch with reality.
Income from corporate boxes is the largest revenue creator in your list... however that's already included in the £55m match day revenue that you've listed.

Those other miscellaneous
trivialities (such as the huge naming rights deal that doesn't exist and would've been announced months ago if it did) might get the other £10m annually if the economy holds.

Beanz

The stadium looks Amazing to be honest. And who cares about all the extra facilities they have I personally would use them if I loved spurs as much as I love united. And lets be honest if we were to renovate ours we too would have all the extra hodgepodge some are complaining about. I'm sure woodward has wet dreams about all the money he could make since seeing this one.

That being said what is the stadiums new name?? I just keep seeing it referred to as the new spurs stadium

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Must admit it look very impressive and I can understand why Spurs fans are excited. I would be as well. It makes other stadiums look rather dated and shabby.:(
One person's dated and shabby, is another's home. Personally, I'd rather have Old Trafford with all of its quirks and history, than say a soulless out of town space in a co-location with an Asda superstore.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
That extra £5/600 million they spent to get an extra 2000 odd seats on Emirates was well worth it.

clarkydaz

Come on it looks great, I just hope it translates to a good matchday which City, Arsenal and West Ham have lost with their new saucers.

Vadim

Lovely stadium, looking forward to us winning there next season.

Spurs have done well with it. It doesn’t guarantee success whatsoever though. See: Arsenal, West Ham etc.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Income from corporate boxes is the largest revenue creator in your list... however that's already included in the £55m match day revenue that you've listed.

Those other miscellaneous trivialities (such as the huge naming rights deal that doesn't exist and would've been announced months ago if it did) might get the other £10m annually if the economy holds.
He should also factor in that a fair bit of that extra income will probably be wiped out by the huge loan they're taking out to finance the stadium. No doubt in the long term it will pay off and it is a fantastic new stadium In the short it won't be quite as simple as an extra £50m-£100m per year in the bank. Costs have spiralled out of control, their debt close to 650m. The stadium is projected to have cost well over £1bn by the time everything is all done, originally was suppose to be £400m but there have been some changes and obviously completely cocked up their figures.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
One person's dated and shabby, is another's home. Personally, I'd rather have Old Trafford with all of its quirks and history, than say a soulless out of town space in a co-location with an Asda superstore.
Does it really or is that a jab at the eitihad?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It being a cashless stadium is pretty odd/unusual. Wonder why they took that decision?
Security is probably a big reason. Moreover you can keep track much more precisely of stock and money. Hopefully there's enough warnings for people who visit the stadium that it's cashless otherwise I can see there being a shitload of arguments.

Robertd0803

Security is probably a big reason. Moreover you can keep track much more precisely of stock and money. Hopefully there's enough warnings for people who visit the stadium that it's cashless otherwise I can see there being a shitload of arguments.
To prevent people throwing coins?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That being said what is the stadiums new name?? I just keep seeing it referred to as the new spurs stadium
They're waiting on a sponsor - until then it'll just be called the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or something along those lines. Sponsor was rumoured to be Nike but Spurs denied it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Do people seriously experience emotions such as jealousy over another teams stadium? FFS. :lol:

I think here in Africa, that’s what we refer to as first world problems.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
Does it really or is that a jab at the eitihad?
I'd much rather still be at Maine Road than the Etihad to be honest. Walking through the back streets and alleys and then suddenly the stadium (with all its quirks, faults, and character) comes into view. But that's "progress" I guess...

To be fair to Tottenham, they've maintained their original location rather than out of town like most modern stadiums. And it really does look like a great stadium. But I still don't really understand the hype, it's just a stadium at the end of the day. I suppose it's something that understandably means a lot more to Spurs fans, while everyone else is fairly non-plussed, as this thread shows.

tomaldinho1

They're waiting on a sponsor - until then it'll just be called the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or something along those lines. Sponsor was rumoured to be Nike but Spurs denied it.
Nothing screams football like the Qatar Airways stadium

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Another reason is that it speeds up the payments, meaning quicker service and less queues.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I want those matte black seats in OT. Not arsed about anything else. To be fair though, you'd only see em if they did it at Etihad