Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Sylar

Not a surprise. Still dont get why they didnt just say it would be Wembley for that second year (Actually I know why, cos they wanted the guaranteed money from the fans)...

klsv

Give it Wembley til end of the season!

It does look a lot better than Etihad and Emirates, though.

Mick321

I know they've got a "kop" or whatever and it's a bit closer to the pitch than the Emirates and stuff but still just looks a crappy bowl to me. Meh.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
Why are the seats navy blue and not white?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks really smart.
The seating looks class, as does the top of the stadium and the floodlights.

Those bars getting ready for safe standing? They only look to be in one section.

A vid -

https://www.facebook.com/thespursweb/videos/vb.96139953353/268726843812781/?type=2&theater
Yeah, the South stand (which will become the single tier stand of 17.5K or so) is supposed to be ready to go straight away for safe standing if the legislation comes in. I don't think it is there for the rest of the stadium though.

I genuinely can't wait to get back to this. It looks amazing and truth be told, most of our fanbase is sick of Wembley now and I know a lot of fans who've stopped going. Will be a relief once we're finally back in North London.

Why are the seats navy blue and not white?
I can't think of too many stadia with white seats tbh, not sure I'd trust tens of thousands of drunk fans not to mess up the colour! I quite like the colour.

TheLord

I hate this lot, but can't stop lauding what a great job Pochettino et al have done in the last few seasons.

With Chelsea's new stadium plans ditched, this will definitely be the best stadium in London.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not liking the seat colour at all, dark and depressing.

Throw in that they don't appear to have put something like "THFC", "SPURS", "TOTTENHAM" or the club crest on the seating to mix it up a bit and the whole thing looks bland and impersonal.

Looking at something like this, you can't tell it's their stadium if you didn't already know:

Edit: Alright, there's cockerels on the big screens there, but they won't always be on.

Last edited:

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will

Throw in that they don't appear to have put something like "THFC", "SPURS", "TOTTENHAM" or the club crest on the seating to mix it up a bit and the whole thing looks bland and impersonal.

Looking at something like this, you can't tell it's their stadium if you didn't already know:
Agreed, and with the amount of empty seats they'll have once the novelty wears off it'll really show.
Bite.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Edit: Alright, there's cockerels on the big screens there, but they won't always be on.
That's a fair criticism about the seats, though we do have this over the stand that was open for the event yesterday and outside (both old photos so still some work going on):

Also looooads of little touches within the stadium itself that rightly fans of other clubs couldn't care less about but which are really great for us and an excellent link to our history. It is really appreciated, especially as it isn't something the club needed to do.

Last edited:

macheda14

In May/August if its a sunny day any of the seats that have been under the sun are gonna be boiling to the touch

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's a fair criticism about the seats, though we do have this over the stand that was open for the event yesterday and outside (both old photos so still some work going on):

They're nice touches, particularly the golden cockerel. Just been googling and someone was playing around with different ideas for the seating last year. I don't like them all, but some look better than how it's ended up to me - https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-stadium.7036/page-506#post-1243928

Apparently you had some plain white ones in as some sort of a test at one point?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They're nice touches, particularly the golden cockerel. Just been googling and someone was playing around with dhifferent ideas for the seating last year. I don't like them all, but some look better than how it's ended up to me - https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-stadium.7036/page-506#post-1243928

Apparently you had some plain white ones in as some sort of a test at one point?
I quite like the one with THFC written in white along the side stands and would like that at one point. I guess it is quite easy to change around at some point in the future. As for the ones with a whole stand with white seats, not sure I like that if I'm honest, looks quite garish to my eyes! I do like the cockerel though.

I wonder, with cynical hat on, if the completely vanilla seats are for the benefit of whoever ends up sponsoring the stadium.

As for the last point, I'm not sure to be honest. Some other Spurs fans could probably tell you every little detail about the stadium but I've not followed along quite as religiously as others. I (and the fanbase) just can't wait to get the hell away from Wembley tbh.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I quite like the one with THFC written in white along the side stands and would like that at one point. I guess it is quite easy to change around at some point in the future. As for the ones with a whole stand with white seats, not sure I like that if I'm honest, looks quite garish to my eyes! I do like the cockerel though.

I wonder, with cynical hat on, if the completely vanilla seats are for the benefit of whoever ends up sponsoring the stadium.

As for the last point, I'm not sure to be honest. Some other Spurs fans could probably tell you every little detail about the stadium but I've not followed along quite as religiously as others. I (and the fanbase) just can't wait to get the hell away from Wembley tbh.
Are there going to be NFL games at the new ground?

That could be another reason for it's vanilla-ness. It would be easy to switch around for different events/teams.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are there going to be NFL games at the new ground?

That could be another reason for it's vanilla-ness. It would be easy to switch around for different events/teams.
Ah yes very true. There will be 2 NFL games every season for a decade I think and I think the aim is to attract a lot of concerts, other events etc too so that would make sense making the seating itself relatively standardised. That's the whole point of having the second pitch so might as well get full use out of it.

Revaulx

I know they've got a "kop" or whatever and it's a bit closer to the pitch than the Emirates and stuff but still just looks a crappy bowl to me. Meh.
Really? I think it looks a lot more claustrophobic than any other I can think of. Which is surely a good thing?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think the dark seats look really classy to be honest, I guess it’s a matter of taste. As for the lack of *Tottenhamness* I would say the digital displays and holdings will be full of Tottenham stuff when they are turned on.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think the dark seats look really classy to be honest, I guess it’s a matter of taste.
Either got it or ya don't. They look very good and bring the whole thing together. Really nice contrast with the pitch and the sky too, which will no doubt be a light grey most of the time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
These will definitely change once you get a main sponsor or at least some Nike logo. Every stadium does it, every penny counts from now on for Spurs.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I know people wanted to mock Spurs for the stadium and just in general the past few seasons for not winning stuff, but kudos to the club's hierarchy for keeping their vision and putting the work in place for the club to make great forward momentum with a new stadium. I wish Chelsea was the same.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I know people wanted to mock Spurs for the stadium and just in general the past few seasons for not winning stuff, but kudos to the club's hierarchy for keeping their vision and putting the work in place for the club to make great forward momentum with a new stadium. I wish Chelsea was the same.
Thanks. It's been tough for Spurs over the last several years to keep going with so little spare money to invest in the squad. But the new stadium will provide for a much bigger income for many decades to come. And whatever the future brings, the new stadium will be the major part of Levy's legacy for sticking with a long-term strategy.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
I love the seat colour personally, think they got the shade of blue spot on.

DanClancy

How much has the stadium ended up costing and have Spurs borrowed the full amount?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The stadium does look stunning, no doubt about it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm sure Poch will look forward to taking United there next season :angel: