g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Spurs v Arsenal - what do we want?

Denis79

Don't care they aren't rivals anyways. Lower tier football clubs. bite bite!

POF

Might as well make this a thread. I've already posted my thoughts in Arse Fam TV thread.

Is anyone else as deeply irrational/bitter as I am? Or does logic win the day?
Yep. An Arsenal win is probably the best result for United but it would be absolutely glorious watching them get hammered.

In any big game they play in, no matter what the scenario, the desired result is always Arsenal to get hammered.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Yep. An Arsenal win is probably the best result for United but it would be absolutely glorious watching them get hammered.

In any big game they play in, no matter what the scenario, the desired result is always Arsenal to get hammered.
See this just happens so frequently now that it’s lost all effect. I mean Swansea battered them just last week. It’s hard to get excited about Arsenal getting hammered now when it’s so normal.

I want Arsenal to win because it puts further daylight between us and Spurs assuming we hold up our side of the bargain vs Newcastle.

I’d quite like to see us pull away in 2nd and watch a 4 way dogfight for 3rd and 4th between Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

So long as we’re not involved, the more teams involved in that scrap the better and I think an Arsenal win provides the best chance of that.

Not too arsed about Mkhitaryan. Seen enough of him to know he’ll never be a world beater or mentally strong enough to make them serious contenders for anything. If he has a few games where he sparkles for them, so be it.

cyril C

I'm not sure. Draw is objectively the best result for us but then again I do enjoy seeing rivals lose (more than I dislike seeing them win). Moreso when Arsenal lose, especially to Spurs. A win for the latter is perhaps the worst result for United though. I can't decide.
Correct. Worst scenario is Spurs win. Arsenal win is best but a draw is equally good.

POF

See this just happens so frequently now that it’s lost all effect. I mean Swansea battered them just last week. It’s hard to get excited about Arsenal getting hammered now when it’s so normal.

I want Arsenal to win because it puts further daylight between us and Spurs assuming we hold up our side of the bargain vs Newcastle.

I’d quite like to see us pull away in 2nd and watch a 4 way dogfight for 3rd and 4th between Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

So long as we’re not involved, the more teams involved in that scrap the better and I think an Arsenal win provides the best chance of that.

Not too arsed about Mkhitaryan. Seen enough of him to know he’ll never be a world beater or mentally strong enough to make them serious contenders for anything. If he has a few games where he sparkles for them, so be it.
I agree with you. Logically Arsenal winning is the best result. I've often watched games involving Arsenal and other big teams, initially wanting Arsenal to win. But 10 minutes in, I want them to get stuffed and every time it happens it is fantastic.

Maybe when Wenger leaves the club my opinion of them will change. I really like Ozil, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan as players but I just cannot stand Arsenal. The way they behaved in that rivalry with United was disgraceful and absolutely delusional.

Their fans ridiculously crowing when they stuff some no mark at home makes the crushing defeats even more satisfying.

Longer term, post Wenger, you really have to expect that Arsenal will be a threat to the top teams again. They have 3 attackers that cost £150m between them and have spent big money on Xhaka in midfield and Mustafi in defence. They have money to compete with the big clubs. With Spurs you feel so much is dependent on Pochettino and their current "golden generation". Arsenal are a top class manager away from being extremely competitive.

NK86

Might as well make this a thread. I've already posted my thoughts in Arse Fam TV thread.

Is anyone else as deeply irrational/bitter as I am? Or does logic win the day?
I want Arsenal to win for three reasons.
1. The logical choice since they aren't really competing directly with us.
2. Would pull Spurs down a notch after they have had two very good performance against their top 4 rivals.
3. Arsenal are mildly more tolerable than Spurs at the moment. The amount of wanking over them has been nauseating.

BaneIsPain

In term of result, Arsenal
In term of pure entertainment, Spurs

I choose Spurs for this game. Need a good laugh this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapardin

I want Arsenal to win for three reasons.
1. The logical choice since they aren't really competing directly with us.
2. Would pull Spurs down a notch after they have had two very good performance against their top 4 rivals.
3. Arsenal are mildly more tolerable than Spurs at the moment. The amount of wanking over them has been nauseating.
Same can't be said of their fanbase. The revisionism over Sanchez and Mkhi, ffs.

Still, agree that an Arsenal win is the best result.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Surprised at how many want mihki to fail. Thought he was well liked.

I remember united fans calling us all sorts when rvp joined yous since some of us wished him to fail.

What do you know? Hypocrites everywhere :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Arsenal win

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Draw brings in two points. The best result for us in any rival game. Arsenal anyway have another route to CL this season and I think they now have the strongest squad for both the league and CL in the teams below us .

NK86

Same can't be said of their fanbase. The revisionism over Sanchez and Mkhi, ffs.

Still, agree that an Arsenal win is the best result.
That's the nature of most football fans. However the media love in for Spurs was bordering on ridiculous.

Hitchez

Objectively Arsenal winning would be better for us but I'm kinda hoping for Liverpool to drop out of the top 4 and that would need a Spurs win and Chelsea to recover their shit.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I agree with you. Logically Arsenal winning is the best result. I've often watched games involving Arsenal and other big teams, initially wanting Arsenal to win. But 10 minutes in, I want them to get stuffed and every time it happens it is fantastic.

Maybe when Wenger leaves the club my opinion of them will change. I really like Ozil, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan as players but I just cannot stand Arsenal. The way they behaved in that rivalry with United was disgraceful and absolutely delusional.

Their fans ridiculously crowing when they stuff some no mark at home makes the crushing defeats even more satisfying.

Longer term, post Wenger, you really have to expect that Arsenal will be a threat to the top teams again. They have 3 attackers that cost £150m between them and have spent big money on Xhaka in midfield and Mustafi in defence. They have money to compete with the big clubs. With Spurs you feel so much is dependent on Pochettino and their current "golden generation". Arsenal are a top class manager away from being extremely competitive.
I’m the same. Have given up fighting it at this stage. The only time I can root for Arsenal, from start to finish, is when they play Liverpool or City.

POF

I’m the same. Have given up fighting it at this stage. The only time I can root for Arsenal, from start to finish, is when they play Liverpool or City.
Agree. And sometimes not even then.

Saying that, after the OT tunnel incident, confetti in the dressing room and the "park the bus" nonsense, this City team is well on its way to taking over the mantle from Arsenal.

dogwithabone

I always say this but surely a draw and subsequently a two point gain on us has to be preferable to one of them winning and a three point gain ?

Maybe slightly different thinking if they were right on our tail and we were in the last throws of the season but right now both could conceivably catch us with plenty of points still at stake so a share of the points makes the most sense.

Untied

Arsenal win and Spurs responding in their usual way and getting fouly - Alli red card

IbraPogDABra

I remember united fans calling us all sorts when rvp joined yous since some of us wished him to fail.

Wanting someone to fail/not perform well and calling someone every name under the sun are two very different things. No one's calling Micki a mercenary just following the money, we just don't want him to perform well as he's going to a "rival". To be honest that's mainly been caused by this idea that this new Arsenal team are better than ever, people just want this team to all fall apart (as it always does) so that the faces of miserable Arsenal fans can be plastered around the internet as per usual.

Reactions: Akshay

binary bot
Arsenal/draw, we’re in a good position already though. A spurs win wouldn’t cause us too much trouble.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

A bit idiotic and cheap to compare the 2 situations. Arsenal displayed amazing levels of bitterness and hatred towards RVP with all those chants. This is nothing alike.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Arsenal get battered so often; but they still somehow are delusional enough to think they are a top team after they smash a mid-table team at home.

There were many Arsenal fans that said that 'Sanchez' best years are behind him so I'm glad we got rid', completely forgetting that Mkhitaryan is the same age. Many Arsenal fans also convinced themselves that Mkhitaryan would make them a better team going forward; despite the fact that Sanchez has been one of the most productive forwards in the world for the past 3-4 years.

When a team gets their best player picked; they are usually very rational about it. Because it humbles them; and let's them know what their standing is in the game. Arsenal fans get extremely bitter and cover their eyes and ears to anything logical.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Arsenal are starting to play better so dont think a top 4 place is beyond them or any of the top 6. Chelsea are playing the worst presently, and they could slip out. There is still a long way to go, maybe if was april it would be better for an Arsenal result, but not with 3 months left to play.
It was one game against a mediocre Everton. Look at Arsenals form.

Surprised so many people want an Arsenal win. Spurs losing helps Chelsea way too much, even a draw does. From a long term perspective Chelsea finishing outside the Top 4 is the best result for our club IMO.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It was one game against a mediocre Everton. Look at Arsenals form.

Surprised so many people want an Arsenal win. Spurs losing helps Chelsea way too much, even a draw does. From a long term perspective Chelsea finishing outside the Top 4 is the best result for our club IMO.
Spurs all day! Why would any Utd fans want those deluded loud mouths to win?

FireballXL5

A draw would suit me. Both teams dropping points and hopefully lots of red cards.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Draw with a couple of red cards would be handy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The closer the kick off and the more my natural hatred for Arsenal fans (and not the club) is taking over... I see Arsenal fans as the biggest babies around.

Redlyn

A draw would be acceptable to all i think, us and even them also.
Arsenal win, good for us points wise but they are just an unbearable bunch.
Tottenham win, they keep up the chase and also would have got really good results against 3 rivals back to back maybe giving them more momentum. The arse meltdown would be fantastic but short-lived and soon forgotten.
So all in all I pick draw.

Nikelesh Reddy

Arsenal win.Arsenal are 12 points behind us(including GD),they have got absolutely no chance of catching us....A spurs defeat will probably mean that we go 10 points clear of the team placed 5th.That would probably seal top 4 for us,so I want Arsenal to get the 3 points today....