Film Star Wars

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
My seven year old loves star wars and has watched all 6 movies I reckon at least 5 times each. But by far his favourites are the new ones...he has watched those at the least 10 times each
When I was his age I used to watch Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi every weekend without fail. Call it obsessive/addictive personality, but I've not been as hooked on any films as much as those. I still get goosebumps when the second Death Star blows up.

Revan

Assumptionman
So the Title of EP7 is "The force awakens". Not sure how I feel about it tbh and about what it implies.
It's difficult to predict anything from the title. Still very interesting to see who is the baddie. There were quite a few rumours that it might be Darth Plagueis.

Revan

Assumptionman
This might be a long shot, but i'm thinking the plot might have something to do with the awakening of the force back in the galaxy.
It was never asleep. Just that the dark force dominated.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Random unlikely theory - a 'force' (species/militarily) awakens from outside the known galaxies and threatens invasion.

As I say, not likely at all. Fun to speculate though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Random unlikely theory - a 'force' (species/militarily) awakens from outside the known galaxies and threatens invasion.

As I say, not likely at all. Fun to speculate though.
Yuuzhan Vong wars? I doubt it'll happen.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Has it been said yet if the younger actors are going to play their kids?

I reckon it'll be along those lines, and the kids have to save the day. A bit like Jedi Academy I suppose, where Luke sets it up. Proper disney stuff.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

I reckon it'll be along those lines, and the kids have to save the day. A bit like Jedi Academy I suppose, where Luke sets it up. Proper disney stuff.
Please god no...

"Han, tell them all about the time you didn't take any shit from Greedo."

Would be terrible.

Revan

Assumptionman

It hasn't been said anything for that. I just wonder if that really happens, if they will use the names from EU or will call everyone Nomi Sunrider.

stretford_oslo

Never watched any star wars but wanted to for the last few years...simply forgotten about it lately. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but the movies being so highly rated i guess i have to see them.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Please god no...

"Han, tell them all about the time you didn't take any shit from Greedo."

Would be terrible.
It hasn't been said anything for that. I just wonder if that really happens, if they will use the names from EU or will call everyone Nomi Sunrider.
Well I don't know any extended universe stuff outside of Kotor and the Jedi Knight games.

I just wouldn't put it past them.

Blue always red

Regarding the EU, didn't they say they may use some parts of it and put their own spin on it. I'm thinking if we see Han and Leia's kids they'll probably resemble Jacen and Jaina.

Revan

Assumptionman
Regarding the EU, didn't they say they may use some parts of it and put their own spin on it. I'm thinking if we see Han and Leia's kids they'll probably resemble Jacen and Jaina.
Haven't heard about it. It will be bad if they use them though, by the time of the movie (35-40 years after ROTJ) both Anakin and Jacen Solo are already killed. So, from all Skywalker new generation we only have Ben Skywalker and Jaina Solo.

Blue always red

Haven't heard about it. It will be bad if they use them though, by the time of the movie (35-40 years after ROTJ) both Anakin and Jacen Solo are already killed. So, from all Skywalker new generation we only have Ben Skywalker and Jaina Solo.
Yeah I think they'll stray as far as possible from big plot points/events in the EU but I do think they'll still employ elements such as looks and what not. Daisy Ridley does have the same features as Jaina IMO.

Anyway, the trailer is airing in select cinemas in the US this Friday. No word if the UK gets anything or if we'll have to wait till it shows up online.

Revan

Assumptionman
Does anyone pay money and/or go to cinema in order to watch the trailer? If yes, why?

Yeah I think they'll stray as far as possible from big plot points/events in the EU but I do think they'll still employ elements such as looks and what not. Daisy Ridley does have the same features as Jaina IMO.
As long as they don't touch Thrawn Trilogy (and things that happened before the movies) it will be acceptable for me.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
does it matter , if you like Star Wars you like them all.
But on saying that the second trilogy is pretty poor.
Loved to death the first lot as a kid, and will still watch now, the second batch I really have no time for or interest in, they were crap.

Revan

Assumptionman
You monsters! The second trilogy was better than the original one. And Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Han Solo.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You monsters! The second trilogy was better than the original one. And Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Han Solo.
Stop it, I know you like the new ones. You have said so before. I also like them, I can't help it even though they are pretty bad

And episode 7 will be my most anticipated movie since....well episode 3

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I actually kind of want it to be really terrible, just because of how much it'd infuriate everyone. It'd bring more entertainment value than a half decent effort, for example.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Does anyone pay money and/or go to cinema in order to watch the trailer? If yes, why?

As long as they don't touch Thrawn Trilogy (and things that happened before the movies) it will be acceptable for me.
I was kinda hoping they did that actually, but the latest news with them basically scrapping all the books & comics to make way for a new unified Expanded Universe makes me suspect otherwise.

Revan

Assumptionman
I was kinda hoping they did that actually, but the latest news with them basically scrapping all the books & comics to make way for a new unified Expanded Universe makes me suspect otherwise.
By not touch, I meant not change things that happened there. Of course, I would have liked to see the movies being based on it, but they made it clear that it won't happen.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ah yes, I agree. Thrawn Trilogy was the first experience I had with the expanded universe and changing stuff in there would be a real shame.
Also, for historical reasons, it would be extremely a bad thing to do it. Without it, I guess that Star wars would have died on the nineties.

And of course, it is as good as most of fantasy books.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I reckon this one has more chance of being better than the last 3 combined
The third one could maybe have been good if Annakin's acting didn't make him seem more like a robot than any of the actual robots.

Although there's only so much that good acting can do to cover up going from being a Jedi to a child slaughterer in the space of 2 minutes.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The third one could maybe have been good if Annakin's acting didn't make him seem more like a robot than any of the actual robots.

Although there's only so much that good acting can do to cover up going from being a Jedi to a child slaughterer in the space of 2 minutes.
I thought the 3rd one was so silly. The end fight in the lava just annoyed the hell out of me. The second one was the best out of the lot and even that was pretty dull for the opening 30mins or so and had the horrible "love" scenes.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Stupidly excited. Just wondering.. anyone remember the mmorpg star wars galaxies? There's an emulator of the game and I play on a private server bloodfin. Don't know if anyone knew about it or interested