Film Star Wars

Big Andy

Bloke
My lad is going to be melting with excitement about this...he's gone Star Wars mad, and he's only 5...

I'll tell him about it tonight, and that'll be all he'll talk about for 2 years until it comes out...

Jagga7

My lad is going to be melting with excitement about this...he's gone Star Wars mad, and he's only 5...

I'll tell him about it tonight, and that'll be all he'll talk about for 2 years until it comes out...
It's coming out around Christmas this year. It will probably be once every year thing now, they know it's a huge moneys spinner.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
No new TFA trailer or clips at SDCC according to EW. Disappointing if true, but I get the feeling it could just be Abrams bluffing.

kps88

No new TFA trailer or clips at SDCC according to EW. Disappointing if true, but I get the feeling it could just be Abrams bluffing.
Think so too. If not, we'll get some big news from the other films. They definitely won't be coming empty handed.

Big Andy

Bloke
It's coming out around Christmas this year. It will probably be once every year thing now, they know it's a huge moneys spinner.
I was talking about the Darth Vader and Han Solo ones...

He's all about Star Wars Lego at the moment...the Lego Death Star is on his christmas list...£190...he also wants a Star Destroyer, X-Wing and Ewok Village...

He was telling me about the Emperors Royal Guards last night, where he picks all his info up I don't know, but apparently, they are the ones in red who guard the emperor...

Jagga7

He's all about Star Wars Lego at the moment...the Lego Death Star is on his christmas list...£190...he also wants a Star Destroyer, X-Wing and Ewok Village...

He was telling me about the Emperors Royal Guards last night, where he picks all his info up I don't know, but apparently, they are the ones in red who guard the emperor...
:lol: They joys of being a kid! I was definitely the same when i was growing up.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Where can you get the Death Star for £190 mate?

Big Andy

Bloke
I don
Where can you get the Death Star for £190 mate?
I don't know if I can, I don't even know if its out over here...

He only knows about it, because he watches youtube videos of some yank kid building and reviewing them...

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I don

I don't know if I can, I don't even know if its out over here...

He only knows about it, because he watches youtube videos of some yank kid building and reviewing them...
Fair enough. They are around £275 in the uk, sometimes cheaper, but not often.

I want to get my boys one, but that is a huge price for some lego bricks! :lol:

pauldyson1uk

According to the latest rumor, Hayden Christensen may be reviving his role as Darth Vader in a pair of upcoming Star Wars films.

According to Making Star Wars, not only is Darth Vader rumored to possibly be appearing in Rogue One, but in Episode VIII as well. “A team in the U.K. are soon heading to the U.S. to begin training Christensen for a Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort,” the outlet has heard.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
According to the latest rumor, Hayden Christensen may be reviving his role as Darth Vader in a pair of upcoming Star Wars films.

According to Making Star Wars, not only is Darth Vader rumored to possibly be appearing in Rogue One, but in Episode VIII as well. “A team in the U.K. are soon heading to the U.S. to begin training Christensen for a Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort,” the outlet has heard.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
I'm guessing he would be appearing as a force ghost. Still, horrible idea.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Terrible idea, his force ghost was already done in return of the Jedi.
Anything other than an old man and I'll moan a bit, then get over it until I get reminded a little later, resulting in mild annoyance.

Unlikely lad

I wouldn't believe that rumour. Disney knows how badly the prequels are perceived, and have been doing everything they can to distance themselves from them.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Trouble is, they've kind of established now that these force ghosts just turn up willy nilly, even to bullshit Ewok parties on the forest moon of Endor. If there's some new semi-emperor with an utterly ridiculous name, why wouldn't they still be turning up to offer their wise words/moan about the texture of sand?

Big Ben Foster

Supports
An old Luke learning from a young Anakin force ghost would completely ruin the series for me.

acnumber9

Having Anakin Skywalker appear isn't that big a deal. Having Hayden Christensen playing him would be. If they're going to do it then they'd be best advised recasting.

Ubik

Having Anakin Skywalker appear isn't that big a deal. Having Hayden Christensen playing him would be. If they're going to do it then they'd be best advised recasting.
Yeah, Lucas was a monumental bellend in retconning him into the end of RotJ. Could've had a quality older actor brought in for it otherwise.

acnumber9

Yeah, Lucas was a monumental bellend in retconning him into the end of RotJ. Could've had a quality older actor brought in for it otherwise.
It was an older actor originally so I don't see too many fans being annoyed if they went back to that. Quite the opposite if anything.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hopefully they'll bring at least Lando's character. If Wedge Antilles will be a recast it's still better than nothing, by now he may be commander of the whole regiment or something in that vein.

I wonder if Hayden's acting education progressed from the last movies I didn't even wanted to see. His Imdb tells he didn't played that much at all.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Hopefully they'll bring at least Lando's character. If Wedge Antilles will be a recast it's still better than nothing, by now he may be commander of the whole regiment or something in that vein.

I wonder if Hayden's acting education progressed from the last movies I didn't even wanted to see. His Imdb tells he didn't played that much at all.
Awww. Why, mr. Lawson, why?

edit: "they asked me but it just would have bored me."

Umm, fair enough.

Though, I disagree with 'better than nothing', it was a minor role anyway, so, no need to show up in VII. Well, rather than being recasted.

Ubik

It was an older actor originally so I don't see too many fans being annoyed if they went back to that. Quite the opposite if anything.
Do they have the rights to the old films now as well by any chance? If they undid the damage to the old films at the same time, instant fanboy love for them.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Awww. Why, mr. Lawson, why?

edit: "they asked me but it just would have bored me."

Umm, fair enough.

Though, I disagree with 'better than nothing', it was a minor role anyway, so, no need to show up in VII. Well, rather than being recasted.
If participating in Star Wars movie is boring to him he must have quite exciting life. Just saying.

Still a bit shame, if Luke didn't had the force, Wedge would be absolutely best pilot in the fleet (Ackbar should be still in charge anyway, I think). Recast indeed is a risk of breaking the character a bit.