Gaming Starfield | Metacritic (Series X): 83, OpenCritic: 86

Sweet Square

So apparently you can actually fly to other planets. It just takes a crazy long time, but is also rapid compared to real life space travel. It took someone 7 hours to fly to Pluto :lol: (don’t where from - Earth?).

Opens the door for some kind of warp drive to do it quicker?
I could be wrong but I think the person just clip through the planet ?

Still it was funny to see someone live streaming it.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Just did the side mission with the mantis base

what a pain in the arse that was. I had to see what the recommended level and some people saying it was pretty strait forward at level 8.

I was at level 8 and my bullets didn’t seem to touch the robots. Did it in the end by running like a maniac and just skipping passed them

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Everyone here said Flight Sim is niche as feck but apparently they just need to release a starfield mod and gamers will come in their millions

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Everyone here said Flight Sim is niche as feck but apparently they just need to release a starfield mod and gamers will come in their millions
Flight Sim is the one game I wish was available on PS5

rio's upper lip

Just did the side mission with the mantis base

what a pain in the arse that was. I had to see what the recommended level and some people saying it was pretty strait forward at level 8.

I was at level 8 and my bullets didn’t seem to touch the robots. Did it in the end by running like a maniac and just skipping passed them
A Sarah Morgan and some grenades did the trick for me. Did it at lvl 4 and 5.

saik

Didn't like it at first(I generally don't like space games), but coming to the end of Theradbrad's first video and seeing New Atlantis makes me want to play this. Sadly, my laptop can't handle the game. Oh man, why they gotta makes exclusives a thing. Just release the games on all platforms and be done with it. Ergo, release it on PS5 as well. :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Imagine trying to make others people's existence fractionally better. The absolute gall of Bethesda.

Kaos

Didn't like it at first(I generally don't like space games), but coming to the end of Theradbrad's first video and seeing New Atlantis makes me want to play this. Sadly, my laptop can't handle the game. Oh man, why they gotta makes exclusives a thing. Just release the games on all platforms and be done with it. Ergo, release it on PS5 as well. :lol:
Microsoft own Bethesda now, so it makes sense they'd want to gatekeep this for the xbox.

Though now they've realised its not exactly the generational console-seller they hoped it would be, they might be inclined to sanction a PS5 release in the future to boost sales.

Dan

Picked up this weird audio bug where the dialog has gone into the background.

Edit: same as this below.

Shutting down and restart worked as above.

Last edited:

Drainy

Microsoft own Bethesda now, so it makes sense they'd want to gatekeep this for the xbox.

Though now they've realised its not exactly the generational console-seller they hoped it would be, they might be inclined to sanction a PS5 release in the future to boost sales.
Yeah but if they do it may water down the console selling impact of Elder Scrolls 6 if people think it might come out eventually on playstation.

Kaos

Yeah but if they do it may water down the console selling impact of Elder Scrolls 6 if people think it might come out eventually on playstation.
I think timed exclusives are palatable enough for MS. Ultimately its in their interest that one of their studios sell as many games as possible. They also seemed resigned to the idea of always playing second fiddle to Sony in the console wars.

Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go down the SEGA route and just focus exclusively on software.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Preinstalling now, been playing RDR2 again and having a lot of fun, 2 more days though and it’ll be Starfield I’m playing. @Redlambs what’s your verdict? How’s the main story? Bethesda can be a bit shite when it comes to that but I’ve heard this time it’s decent

Oh the cringe.

When I read the description, I thought it was going to be someone reacting positively to it, perhaps over zealously, but nah, it’s just a whiny dickhead :lol:

Fully Fledged

PUBLISHED DEC 8, 2022

Originally launched back in 2020 for PC and 2021 for Xbox Series X, Microsoft Flight Simulator hits a new milestone in the amount of its player base as the game reaches over 10 million players across all platforms.
Along with this announcement, Microsoft also shared some interesting statistics about the player activity in the game since its launch. 500 million flights have been started in the game since its launch. Pilots have flown over 40 billion miles across the world. This equals 10 million trips around the Earth or 200 rounds of trips from Earth to the Sun. The number is indeed a gigantic one.
https://www.dualshockers.com/micros... for the,million players across all platforms.
Don't listen to people on here.

Irwin99

What's the consensus? Good game but nothing genre or generation defining? Or something that will last and be remembered very fondly?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's the consensus? Good game but nothing genre or generation defining? Or something that will last and be remembered very fondly?
It's a Bestheda game, there is no way to know what it is until modders have worked their magic.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Having played for it 5 days id say 8/10. If you like it there definitly a lot content. Its a good/great game without being a masterpiece or genredefining

Bebe

Very good so far. I think it will last and be remembered very fondly. Not sure about "genre-defining" but its much better than most of the open world slop out there, so I guess in some sense it is? Hard to say more given I've only played ~8 hours.

Bebe

Caved, subbed to gamepass and bought early access. Really regret it as it's completely busted on oled right now. Everything is grey and washed out, it's horrible to look at. Hopefully something a patch can quickly fix, as the menu image has perfect blacks. Shades of red dead 2 but at least that has a workaround
A note on this, I was able mess around with my TV settings and get it looking reasonable. Still strikes me as incredible that they don't even have a basic brightness slider in the game settings. If you're playing on OLED, look into your TV's settings to boost black levels because otherwise the game looks like video from a fingerprint-covered smartphone lens.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I like it enough. It's in no way genre defining in any way (basically, those prelaunch videos and hype about features are all nonsense), but it's decent to very good in parts. It is Fallout/Skyrim in space, nothing more and nothing less.

As for it being remembered, well as much as something like Fallout4 will be. It's not on the level of Skyrim in terms of that. But that does depend on what DLC's do and if they open up the universe.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Has its quirks and some missed potential. But it definitely will go down as many peoples GOTY and one of their favourite games ever.

Everyone's mileage will vary and some will hate it. But there's a good chunk of people who will sink 100s of hours into it and love every minute. It has as much potential for that as your typical genre/gen defining game.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
This seems to be the trend looking at Reddit too. It’s got a lot of people hooked now. Not long left for us peasants
TBH VvV, I pretty much loved it from the off. Felt right at home but it’s really now, 20 odd hours in and I’m getting more familiar with the systems and rhythm of the game that I’m really falling in deep.

Played nowt else since Friday. This makes my XBox worth every penny.

Thos thing will keep me busy for yonks buddy. Hope you enjoy it too.