Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

steve9

Can the FA do anything? He'll probably be off to Madrid but to be sure is there any possible way they could hand him a league ban?

He shouldn't be allowed to play football again until he has received mental help for a lengthy period and has clearance that his mental health is stable. He's bit someone three times now and also caused other physical harm to players in other ways. He's a danger to other players. They shouldn't have to play a game of football with the fear that some maniac is going to try to bite them, that's insanity.
That might be the only good thing about this incident: As much as I despise FIFA, they are very protective about their main product and money machine, that's the World Cup. He clearly messed it up tonight. Now FIFA will react hard and straight. I really expect a ban for more than a year from any competive football. I personally would ban him for life. Never seen anything disgusting like that. In a complete rage, such thing might happen -- although I have never heard about anything like that before. But not for a third time. Anybody who ever played competitive will agree. Get rid of him.

Kearnkoff69

Well he certainly won't be receiving just a fine. Didn't Leonardo fracture someone's skull? Tassotti broke someone's nose? I don't see how this incident is as severe as either of those. The biggest problem is that this is a serial offence, as you said.

Above anything, this is quite disappointing in light of past incidence. You'd really think he'd have learnt his lesson by now. It really is absolutely inexplicable as to why he needs to have this yearly feck up. Maybe he's just extremely ignorant as to to the implications of his actions. Whatever it is, my patience is wearing quite thin with Suarez as a personality.
Not defending either Leonardo nor Tassotti, but what I'll say is that this is no less violent than the other two incidents. With Leonardo, he actually ended Tab Ramos' career. Saying that, it was a wild swinging elbow, not with any intent to fracture his skull (it's just the way it made contact). Here's the video of the incident (one of the worst days in American footy history, as Ramos was one of our most brilliant players).

What I'm trying to get at is that Suarez clearly moved in for the bite, in a very deliberate motion, off the ball. That's unprovoked, violent conduct and it deserves as lengthy a ban if not longer than the Leonardo incident. After all, you don't just send off players if they break someone's leg in a challenge over the ball, but you send them off even if they don't if they come over the ball at all (see Marchisio today).

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
To suggest it's worse then punching, headbutting or breaking someone's leg in dangerous tackle is over dramatizing it. People comparing it to Cantona kicking a fan, but what Cantona did was much worse. Would you rather a grown man do a flying kick to your head with studs or be bitten?

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished.
It says something that in sports like Boxing or MMA where the competitors are literally trying to knock each other unconscious they draw the line at biting.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Can the FA do anything? He'll probably be off to Madrid but to be sure is there any possible way they could hand him a league ban?
Well, they managed to ban Rooney and Scholes for a red cards in pre-season games, so they're not above bending the rules. I think they've changed the rules since then, so I don't believe there's any way for them to give Suarez a ban for an incident in a game they have nothing to do with. If Suarez is to be banned at club level, it'll have to be done by FIFA.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
What else do you want me to say? I'm not defending him.
I'd expect any person to criticise him instead of trying to redirect the criticism at the "faux outrage" because he's a Liverpool player. Basically I expect you to put forward an honest opinion on the action itself.

Sherzad

Ok I am not trying to defend what Suarez did because I do think it is despicable. I do want to point out the double standards that we have as football fans. Cantona kung-fu kicked a guy in the face yet he is still referred to as the 'king' and 'legend'. He did receive a 9month ban, which was a just punishment... What about the Rooney stamp in 2006? I am sure Suarez will be punished, but please, stop the name calling and feeling of superiority, when our legends have acted badly as well.
Suarez done the same offence three times. Big differenc between the incidents you mentioned - it's very simple, he needs help. It's gone beyond Clubs rivalry etc and it's not even funny anymore.

Kakeru

That might be the only good thing about this incident: As much as I despise FIFA, they are very protective about their main product and money machine, that's the World Cup. He clearly messed it up tonight. Now FIFA will react hard and straight. I really expect a ban for more than a year from any competive football. I personally would ban him for life. Never seen anything disgusting like that. In a complete rage, such thing might happen -- although I have never heard about anything like that before. But not for a third time. Anybody who ever played competitive will agree. Get rid of him.
That would be the right punishment IMHO. For any World Cup, that incident has to be the worst involving a player, especially after doing that twice.

With the kind of nutcase Suarez is, I would love to see how both his national team and club will find ways to live without him, and then Suarez is no longer welcome anywhere.

Scythe

It says something that in sports like Boxing or MMA where the competitors are literally trying to knock each other unconscious they draw the line at biting.
Yes, because it's seen as so unusual as a human being to bite someone and biting isn't part of boxing nor is it football. But punching someone will more often then not do a lot more damage then biting someone. They draw the line in kicking eachother in the nuts also, and spitting, and hair pulling.

Eriksen

Well, they managed to ban Rooney and Scholes for a red cards in pre-season games, so they're not above bending the rules. I think they've changed the rules since then, so I don't believe there's any way for them to give Suarez a ban for an incident in a game they have nothing to do with. If Suarez is to be banned at club level, it'll have to be done by FIFA.

I hope FIFA acts accordingly. I'd like to see some PL players come out and say that they don't feel its right that they should be playing against a guy when there's a significant likelihood of getting bitten, considering he now has done it three times, not to mention his other incidents.

He's a maniac.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fact that he has the Uruguayan manager backing him up is part of the problem. He had knob head Kenny wearing them t-shirts after he racially abused Evra, then he had the backing of Liverpool after he bit Ivanovic. I can understand a manager backing up his player but I think it's baffling that he's been supported after 3 pretty horrendous incidents. If he's condemned by his club/manager then maybe it goes through his mind that it's not a good idea to do it, or maybe he's just a complete lunatic, or maybe he's just a sneaky violent thug who can't help himself.

Either way, it can't go on and FIFA need to hit him with a massive ban.

dsch

We were all just hating him for mouthing off like he's the victim of the English media, but we didn't know that it was an ingenious setup for proving them right about him. Well played, Luis!

Eriksen

Yes, because it's seen as so unusual as a human being to bite someone. But punching someone will more often then not do a lot more damage then biting someone. They draw the line in kicking eachother in the nuts also, and spitting, and hair pulling.
Its not just unusual, its inhuman. We associate acts like that with mindless animals.

Zen

How long until he gets the fake guns out at reporters and is doing lines before games just to get him through them?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some of them on RAWK are comparing it to a reflex, as in kicking out at a goalpost in frustration. Jesus wept. It's completey inhumane to instinctively bite a person, it's just mad. I can't get my head around it, what an absolute freak.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Not defending either Leonardo nor Tassotti, but what I'll say is that this is no less violent than the other two incidents. With Leonardo, he actually ended Tab Ramos' career. Saying that, it was a wild swinging elbow, not with any intent to fracture his skull (it's just the way it made contact). Here's the video of the incident (one of the worst days in American footy history, as Ramos was one of our most brilliant players).

What I'm trying to get at is that Suarez clearly moved in for the bite, in a very deliberate motion, off the ball. That's unprovoked, violent conduct and it deserves as lengthy a ban if not longer than the Leonardo incident. After all, you don't just send off players if they break someone's leg in a challenge over the ball, but you send them off even if they don't if they come over the ball at all (see Marchisio today).
Could a bite to the shoulder inflict as much damage as an elbow to the face? Nowhere near. Personally, I'd say Suarez-Chiellini pales in comparison to the Leonardo-Ramos incident after watching that video.

Anyway, I'm sure Suarez will receive a hefty punishment. From a selfish point of view, I just hope it doesn't affect him domestically.

I'd expect any person to criticise him instead of trying to redirect the criticism at the "faux outrage" because he's a Liverpool player. Basically I expect you to put forward an honest opinion on the action itself.
I've stated my honest opinion.

The faux outrage comment was directed towards the likes of Sky News labelling this as an 'astonishing act of violence', which is pathetic.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
To suggest it's worse then punching, headbutting or breaking someone's leg in dangerous tackle is over dramatizing it. People comparing it to Cantona kicking a fan, but what Cantona did was much worse. Would you rather a grown man do a flying kick to your head with studs or be bitten?

Aye well that's my point he should be punished, but you still can't expect people to shrug their shoulders over it, there's dirty, then there's really dirty. Cantona deserved what he got and he admitted he was in the wrong, did his time with no complaints and learned his lesson...Suarez is denying he even bit Chiellini despite excellent video evidence and to top it off, the aim of the whole act was to actually get Chiellini sent off...After the racism amongst other things he is an evil disgusting human being who deserves something special for his crimes. There is no defending him on any level (I know you are not) but I get the feeling FIFA are going to pussy out on this one and ban him for two games or something.

Sherzad

That would be the right punishment IMHO. For any World Cup, that incident has to be the worst involving a player.

With the kind of nutcase Suarez is, he should get a ban that applies to every single competitive league. He shouldn't play football at all after doing the same offense 3 times.
I don't think he will get a year long ban, don't forget his value to Liverpool, probably Liverpool planed their transfer budget for this window around the sale of Suarez. It will big financial blow for Liverpool if he gets year long ban, Liverpool won't let this happen.

Nucks

RT History Department
I think he's crazy as fook. I also think that if Liverpool decide to sell him, we should totally buy him! Just give him the North Korean treatment from the World War Z movie.

Then he can run around gumming people as much as he wants and the worst he can do is slobber a little bit!

Eriksen

Yes I know, but a dangerous two footed leg breaker is much worse.
Not when he's done it three times. Also, (generally) people going in to stupid tackles because they aren't thinking, they don't intend to break peoples legs. Whilst its stupid and reckless and thus deserves lengthy bans, there usually isn't intent to harm and there is in fact intent to win the ball.

Suarez has, three times, bitten another player. Twice I know of was unprovoked, not sure about the first one. He's a repeat offender of a very strange crime. Any idiot can go in with a stupid challenge if they get carried away but it takes a special kind of insane to bite another player.

It's not like he's only bitten players either.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Not when he's done it three times. Also, (generally) people going in to stupid tackles because they aren't thinking, they don't intend to break peoples legs. Whilst its stupid and reckless and thus deserves lengthy bans, there usually isn't intent to harm and there is in fact intent to win the ball.

Suarez has, three times, bitten another player. Twice I know of was unprovoked, not sure about the first one. He's a repeat offender of a very strange crime. Any idiot can go in with a stupid challenge if they get carried away but it takes a special kind of insane to bite another player.

It's not like he's only bitten players either.
Also this strawman is pointless since Suarez has attempted some pretty reckless challenges himself.

Zak Smith

Liverpool fans really are something else. I've seen many of them celebrating suarez's goals against England, and cheering on Uruguay. And now tonight they are still defending this fruit-bat again, and even finding it amusing. They'll be laughing on the other side of their faces next season if FIFA/FA have the balls.

gingerless

at least he did it to one of the biggest cnuts in football chiellini the diving little cnut

Diego_Costa_CFC

Yes I know, but a dangerous two footed leg breaker is much worse.
if it was intended then i would agree, it would be a million times worse, but nobody in this day of age goes into a slide tackle to intentionally try and break someones legs or end there career. so i can't see why you can compare the 2 incidents.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Woke up to the shit news that Uruguay went through but it was made better when I heard this news.

Not taking the piss, he actually needs professional help now.

And it's disgraceful that he is playing the victim.

Mali_Zeus

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure Ramos played after that injury. With all else I agree. :)

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Could a bite to the shoulder inflict as much damage as an elbow to the face? Nowhere near. Personally, I'd say Suarez-Chiellini pales in comparison to the Leonardo-Ramos incident after watching that video.

Anyway, I'm sure Suarez will receive a hefty punishment. From a selfish point of view, I just hope it doesn't affect him domestically.

I've stated my honest opinion.

The faux outrage comment was directed towards the likes of Sky News labelling this as an 'astonishing act of violence', which is pathetic.
You've avoided criticising him in any way aside from the feeble "silly boy" comment. The rest of the time you've tried to put a different spin on it. Strange.

Eriksen

f*ck face is a very sick lad.

not surprised by Liverpool supporters supporting him though...

they have zero integrity.

To be fair, most Liverpool fans have condemned his actions and the majority have also said he's an idiot for doing it. It's only a minority that have supported him and you'd get that with every fanbase.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Liverpool fans really are something else. I've seen many of them celebrating suarez's goals against England, and cheering on Uruguay. And now tonight they are still defending this fruit-bat again, and even finding it amusing. They'll be laughing on the other side of their faces next season if FIFA/FA have the balls.
Liverpool fans were always going to support Suarez. They stood by him en masse through the racism case, which was a far more deplorable and harder-to-internally-rationalise episode than any of these bites.

If anyone thinks they're going to about-face now having long sold themselves down the river for him they're mistaken.

The ones here will tone down their support for him by virtue of being on a Man United website, half-heartedly calling him a silly little boy and mounting weak defences of him (classic being to bring up another player's transgressions), but they're the same people foaming at the mouth and getting into t-shirt campaign mode over at RAWK.

evensteven

Question: what have the following three people in common?
- Branislav Ivanovich
- Giorgio Chiellini
- Otman Bakkal
They all have delicious names!

Branislav Sandwich
Giorgio Tortellini
Otman Baccalao

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Liverpool fans were always going to support Suarez. They stood by him en masse through the racism case, which was a far more deplorable and harder-to-internally-rationalise episode than any of these bites.

If anyone thinks they're going to about-face now having long sold themselves down the river for him they're mistaken.

The ones here will tone down their support for him by virtue of being on a Man United website, half-heartedly calling him a silly little boy and mounting weak defences of him (classic being to bring up another player's transgressions), but they're the same people foaming at the mouth and getting into t-shirt campaign mode over at RAWK.
exactly. not surprised by the scum tbh.

clarkydaz

nobody condones what cantona done, you cant. however he was antagonised by a racist intent on abusing him so you can at least see the motif. In this suarez incident the ball is nowhere near either of the players, or about to be if you see where play is. there is no confrontation, the defender is paying him no attention. he is a snide rabid chancer who acts just as much a cheat after the incident through lie and denial. hey at least cantona stuck his chest out and took it like a man, unlike this snivelling little rat. i'd love it he stayed at Liverpool, he clearly doesn't want to be. they deserve each other