Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He uses his powers (or lack of) for good sometimes though, like that time he nailed Busquets :wenger:.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I don't believe he walks out onto a football pitch thinking 'I'm gonna snap this cnut's metatarsal if he comes near me'.

Is he prone to lashing out? Yes. Very much so.
I dont see how this is a defence though

So hes an opportunistic thug and cheat, not a cunning meticulous one?

To be honest the cheating and conning the ref gets to me more than the tackles, because of the sheer audacity of some of it.

The nerve to celebrate the seedy ways he qualified his respective teams through to the WC semis and Fa cup 4th round shows a total lack of understanding and character.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Scholes' bad tackles aren't all just because he's a shit tackler. He's a naughty fecker sometimes.
Of course he is.

The absolutely monumental difference is he's never, ever pretending to be anything but, let alone trying to give the impression he's the injured party in the situation. Also, you'd never hear him whinge. Not too keen on the eye gouging, biting, stamping, or hair pulling aspects of the game either. Nor on racist wind-ups.

The most incredible aspect of the Scousres' monomanical defence of Suarez is how they manage to ignore the way he pissed all over Dalglish.

Goooose

Of course he is.

The absolutely monumental difference is he's never, ever pretending to be anything but, let alone trying to give the impression he's the injured party in the situation. Also, you'd never hear him whinge. Not too keen on the eye gouging, biting, stamping, or hair pulling aspects of the game either. Nor on racist wind-ups.

The most incredible aspect of the Scousres' monomanical defence of Suarez is how they manage to ignore the way he pissed all over Dalglish.
It's only because Dalglish is no longer there and Suarez is. The minute he jumps ship the fans will turn on him. Everyon on here says the same thing, but it's true.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just an horrible cowardly twat isn't he. Every one of those 'tackles' was shithouse behaviour, he either steps on or kicks an unexpected opponent. Id love it if somebody got up and kicked feck out of him you can tell he's a soft cnut.

Why does he need to do that though? im all up for a player getting stuck in and the odd tackle maybe going a bit wild but the things he does are needless.
It's the ones where he's gone in like a twat, and then pretends that he's injured to make it look accidental whilst leaving his mark on another player that really get my goat. So cowardly.

It's a shame because he is hideously talented, but he's such a twatty bastard. A defender is going to lose the plot with him being a snidey little cnut sooner or later and give him a set of studs to the head.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut

Wow. And that's in the same game he punched another also.

No way us, Madrid, Barca, Juve, or Bayern would want to be associated with this kind of player. You might argue with Pepe, but he isn't being a cnut in almost regular basis.
Real Madrid would be the ideal club for him to be honest. What with Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao who are serial offenders.

I hate the Cantona comparison. Cantona didn't hide from the fact that he didn't like people and he wasn't a 'cheat' either. The same applies for Keane. They were hard-men who if they were going to hurt you would make sure you knew about it. They didn't hide from anything and they didn't dive and cry, fake injury, bit people or stamp on anyone.
Are you sure about that last one?

Look at this clip and go straight to 4:02

Never a stamp!!

However, another hardman who I deemed harder than Keane had to be Stam. A fecking rock solid nut!!

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Real Madrid would be the ideal club for him to be honest. What with Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao who are serial offenders.

Are you sure about that last one?

Look at this clip and go straight to 4:02

Never a stamp!!:eek: That was not a stamp, that was clearly two successive stamps. He got tackled, and he decided to seek revenge by clearly trying to injure a fellow professional on purpose, and not the first time may I add. This is what separates the likes of Scholes or others who mistime their tackles, and those like Pepe, Ramos, Keane, Barton and Suarez. There is clearly no middle ground.

However, another hardman who I deemed harder than Keane had to be Stam. A fecking rock solid nut!!
Yeah, they both quite famously stamped on people. I think Swaters was getting a bit misty eyed.
I have amended my post to show that I was trying to question as to why it wasn't a stamp by adding an :eek: . Misty eyed or :wenger:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I dont see how this is a defence though

So hes an opportunistic thug and cheat, not a cunning meticulous one?

To be honest the cheating and conning the ref gets to me more than the tackles, because of the sheer audacity of some of it.

The nerve to celebrate the seedy ways he qualified his respective teams through to the WC semis and Fa cup 4th round shows a total lack of understanding and character.
The post I originally replied to stated that he repeatedly attempts to injure other footballers, I don't think that's true.

Not trying to defend any of his other actions.

Goooose

So what is he trying to do then? You'd have thought after the whole racist thing he'd just concentrate on his football, but after the ridiculous support he received from Liverpool fans it's as though he hasn't even attempted to clean up his act.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The post I originally replied to stated that he repeatedly attempts to injure other footballers, I don't think that's true.

Not trying to defend any of his other actions.
He does just that, whether he processed it before the match or not doesn't matter.Open up your eyes mate cause you take bias to a ridiculous level

AlwaysRedwood

If a guy sees me coming down the street from two blocks away, make a plan and walks up and stabs me. He meant to injure me.

If I am walking past a guy and he suddenly decides to stab me, he meant to injure me.

You're not even making an argument about intent. You're making one about premeditation.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
If a guy sees me coming down the street from two blocks away, make a plan and walks up and stabs me. He meant to injure me.

If I am walking past a guy and he suddenly decides to stab me, he meant to injure me.

You're not even making an argument about intent. You're making one about premeditation.
Again, this can be applied to one of our best ever players too; Roy Keane. In that clip I added, there was intent to stamp twice after being tackled. In the foul on Haaland, that was clearly pre-meditated.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Also, irrelevant.
Tell us why then? If his first two stamps on a Crystal Palace weren't vicious or his deliberate kick at Haaland, then tell me what is? Why can't you be objective for a change and take off those red specs. Keane was my favourite player after Cantona however, I am the last person you will find to defend his actions.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Tell us why then? If his first two stamps on a Crystal Palace weren't vicious or his deliberate kick at Haaland, then tell me what is? Why can't you be objective for a change and take off those red specs. Keane was my favourite player after Cantona however, I am the last person you will find to defend his actions.
In the simplest terms, when he was being a cnut, he was honest about it, Suarez isn't. Keane would give as good as he got and then accept the punishments. On the flip side you have Suarez, who does everything on the sly, but the moment anything is done to him he runs (or dives) towards the referee screaming. Do you remember Keane ever diving? Rolling around pretending to be hurt?

When I grew up there was a word used for the likes of Suarez, coward.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
In the simplest terms, when he was being a cnut, he was honest about it, Suarez isn't. Keane would give as good as he got and then accept the punishments. On the flip side you have Suarez, who does everything on the sly, but the moment anything is done to him he runs (or dives) towards the referee screaming. Do you remember Keane ever diving? Rolling around pretending to be hurt?

So you can be like that and hurt people long as if you are honest about it?

Phurry

Furry Fecker
So you can be like that and hurt people long as if you are honest? That makes it right yes?
That's a perfect RAWK reply, ignore the actual point being made and jump to a ridiculous conclusion from one sentence. I never said what Keane did was right, what I did was highlight why we look on his actions differently to Suarez.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut

I didn't actually say that Keane did everything on the sly. It is the only thing, apart from the racism that separates them. However, as far as being a hooligan on a pitch is concerned, he was just as bad as your Vinnie Jones, your Joey Barton or even Suarez. Apart from that, he was a great footballer.

As for the bolded part, that is just bollocks. You really think going up to an innocent person on a street and saying to them, "I am going to smash your fecking face in because I don't like you", is being honest, for wanting of a better example. Keano is hard, but we are forgetting that Steffen Freund, when he played for Spurs, wanted a big piece of Keane and Keane backed off and was being protected. This is the same Freund who backed down when Duncan Ferguson showed him a who the daddy was.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did Keane really do something disgusting every other week like Suarez? I've never seen a player who does these things as consistently as Suarez.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
As for the bolded part, that is just bollocks. You really think going up to an innocent person on a street and saying to them, "I am going to smash your fecking face in because I don't like you", is being honest, for wanting of a better example. Keano is hard, but we are forgetting that Steffen Freund, when he played for Spurs, wanted a big piece of Keane and Keane backed off and was being protected. This is the same Freund who backed down when Duncan Ferguson showed him a who the daddy was.
Where have i said i condoned what Keane did? I haven't, you're deliberately trying to subvert my words in order to fit your own argument.

What I've said is, when he did do something cnutish he didn't try and pretend he was injured to conceal it. Which action is honest? Rolling around on the floor pretending to be injured after doing something to try and avoid punishment, or taking your punishment without histrionics? As I said, when he was a cnut, he was honest about it. When Suarez is a cnut he's anything but. Therein lies the difference.

If that isn't clear enough for you, then I give up.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Did Keane really do something disgusting every other week like Suarez? I've never seen a player who does these things as consistently as Suarez.
Trying to thump Shearer, clear stamp on a Palace player, thumping Jason McAteer, kicks out at Vieira at Highbury and finally wanting to take Haaland out. I would say that was pretty consistent, not as consistant as Suarez but consistent enough.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Where have i said i condoned what Keane did? I haven't, you're deliberately trying to subvert my words in order to fit your own argument.

What I've said is, when he did do something cnutish he didn't try and pretend he was injured to conceal it. Which action is honest? Rolling around on the floor pretending to be injured after doing something to try and avoid punishment, or taking your punishment without histrionics? As I said, when he was a cnut, he was honest about it. When Suarez is a cnut he's anything but. Therein lies the difference.

If that isn't clear enough for you, then I give up.
On the contrary, I just cannot see as to whether being honest or not has anything to do with it. They are still violent acts and as such, should be treated the same according to the laws of the game, whether they are honest pre-meditated acts of violence or on the sly. For me, there is no distinction.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
On the contrary, I just cannot see as to whether being honest or not has anything to do with it. They are still violent acts and as such, should be treated the same according to the laws of the game, whether they are honest pre-meditated acts of violence or on the sly. For me, there is no distinction.
Once again, you're trying to alter things to suit your own agenda.

I never said that the punishment should differ between the two of them, in fact I fully agree they both merit the same punishment. The point I made is that Keane accepted his punishments, Suarez does everything he can to avoid punishment. That is the fundamental difference between them.

Unless you're going to respond to my actual points rather than trying to put words into my mouth there's little point in discussing this further.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Completely agree.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Once again, you're trying to alter things to suit your own agenda.

I never said that the punishment should differ between the two of them, in fact I fully agree they both merit the same punishment. The point I made is that Keane accepted his punishments, Suarez does everything he can to avoid punishment. That is the fundamental difference between them.

Unless you're going to respond to my actual points rather than trying to put words into my mouth there's little point in discussing this further.
Suarez cheated to get others punished, that is clear as daylight, I agree with you on that one, and he also commits bad fouls and acts injured, which for me is disgraceful. However, apart from those points, they are pretty much equal as far as being a hooligan on a pitch is concerned.

amolbhatia50k

Trying to thump Shearer, clear stamp on a Palace player, thumping Jason McAteer, kicks out at Vieira at Highbury and finally wanting to take Haaland out. I would say that was pretty consistent, not as consistant as Suarez but consistent enough.
That sounds like half a season for Suarez, without even counting the diving and playacting.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Keane was a cnut and Suarez is a different kinda cnut.I don't see the need to bring up one to criticize the other.
It is about being objective kouroux. Every single football team has had them. Chelsea has Terry or Carvalho, Liverpool have Suarez, City have had Barton, Balotelli and Bellamy, Everton has Fellaini (sly fecker) etc etc. The list is endless. As United fans, we should support our players to the hilt, but they are not above criticism. If something needs to be said, then don't be afraid to say it is the way I see things. I mentioned earlier that Keane was my favourite player after Cantona, however if he wasn't on the top of his game, his hooligan side took over. We simply cannot call out players from other teams and turning a blind eye to one of our players who was a brilliant player, but also a hooligan.

amolbhatia50k

It is about being objective kouroux. Every single football team has had them. Chelsea has Terry or Carvalho, Liverpool have Suarez, City have had Barton, Balotelli and Bellamy, Everton has Fellaini (sly fecker) etc etc. The list is endless. As United fans, we should support our players to the hilt, but they are not above criticism. If something needs to be said, then don't be afraid to say it is the way I see things. I mentioned earlier that Keane was my favourite player after Cantona, however if he wasn't on the top of his game, his hooligan side took over. We simply cannot call out players from other teams and turning a blind eye to one of our players who was a brilliant player, but also a hooligan.
You can't see the difference between the likes of Carvalho and Fellaini and Suarez??! Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.