Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

He works about 100x harder than Berbatov. He had a bad game today, I think he's allowed a few. Overall he's had a very good season in a mediocre squad.
How does his work rate change he fact he's racked up his goal tally with hat tricks against Norwich etc when the game is won easily? It was used a stick to beat Berbatov with but not for Suarez. He's overrated.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I said it back when they signed Sturridge that it was going to end in tears for Liverpool. Now it's way too early to say that is going that way, but a blind man could see why Suarez and Sturridge in the one team would be a disaster. Both are far too individualistic in nature and will consistently run down blind alleys rather than seek out a teammate in a better position.

One moment of play summed up Suarez brilliantly today: he received the ball close to the corner flag and went to take on two defenders. They showed him down the endline, which he took, and then he actually tried to score by shooting from this position. I couldn't believe it. Now before somebody comes along and posts the goal he scored at Sunderland last year, I couldn't care less. It was selfish as feck and if van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck or Hernandez had done it, I'd be fuming.

As somebody said above, Suarez does a nutmeg or two, stumbles through a few challenges and then runs the ball over the endline yet somehow this is Messi-esque.

Laughable.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Suárez has scored in 15 of his 31 league starts this season. He scored one goal and got no assists in 8 games in November/December, or one goal in 660 mins.

Van Persie has scored in 14 of his 27 starts (or 15 of his 30 appearances). Van Persie's scored 1 goal and got 2 assists in the last 645 minutes.

Yet people will tell you Suárez has been the more consistent of the two this year because he's never been as "poor" as van Persie's been recently...

Steven Seagull

How does his work rate change he fact he's racked up his goal tally with hat tricks against Norwich etc when the game is won easily? It was used a stick to beat Berbatov with but not for Suarez. He's overrated.
Suarez will always cause problems for teams through his movement and work rate. I don't know exactly who Suarez has got his goals against but he's got 1 vs City, 2 vs Everton, 1 away at Chelsea, the first goal at Arsenal, the first goal vs Spurs this season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Suárez has scored in 15 of his 31 league starts this season. He scored one goal and got no assists in 8 games in November/December, or one goal in 660 mins.

Van Persie has scored in 14 of his 27 starts (or 15 of his 30 appearances). Van Persie's scored 1 goal and got 2 assists in the last 645 minutes.

Yet people will tell you Suárez has been the more consistent of the two this year because he's never been as "poor" as van Persie's been recently...
The benefits of playing for a midtable club.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It'd be wrong to see Suarez win all the awards. They used to say Andy Cole needed 5 chances a game to score. Suarez takes that to a new level.

In fact, it'd be embarrassing if he didn't win the golden boot considering the amount of shots he takes every week. It's up to RVP to sort his goal tally out now and put Suarez down to a moral victory in second.

Liam147

On Probation
Suarez won't win POTY. It's chosen by the players. Do you really think that the same players that have been stamped on, bitten, racially abused etc. will vote for him to win anything? Bale might dive but that's as far as he goes.

Can't see the writers voting for him either. Bale I reckon will win both. RVP could win Players' player.

EDIT: I know he hasn't bitten anyone over here, but you get my point I'm sure.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It'd be wrong to see Suarez win all the awards. They used to say Andy Cole needed 5 chances a game to score. Suarez takes that to a new level.

In fact, it'd be embarrassing if he didn't win the golden boot considering the amount of shots he takes every week. It's up to RVP to sort his goal tally out now and put Suarez down to a moral victory in second.
Now now! Don't go upsetting Jamie tightpants Redknapp

acnumber9

Suarez will always cause problems for teams through his movement and work rate. I don't know exactly who Suarez has got his goals against but he's got 1 vs City, 2 vs Everton, 1 away at Chelsea, the first goal at Arsenal, the first goal vs Spurs this season.
There was a thread posted the other day to show how teams would perform without their top scorers and there was little difference for Liverpool. Now obviously that is very simplistic and doesn't tell the whole story but it goes some way to showing that he gathers his goals in big victories. Much like Berbatov was accused of. Berbatov causes teams problems too. They do it in different ways.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There was a thread posted the other day to show how teams would perform without their top scorers and there was little difference for Liverpool. Now obviously that is very simplistic and doesn't tell the whole story but it goes some way to showing that he gathers his goals in big victories. Much like Berbatov was accused of. Berbatov causes teams problems too. They do it in different ways.
In that very thread that is shown to be nonsense TBH. You mention the hattrick against Norwich earlier, that was a 2-5 win, with no hat trick they would have drawn. Someone else pointed out RvPs braces "resulted in wins" while Suarez's "didn't matter".

I fail to see what is wrong with scoring a brace in three 3-0 wins, then scoring it in 3-2 wins is grand. It's the defenders not managing a clean sheet that make the difference there, not the braces or the strikers scoring them.

acnumber9

In that very thread that is shown to be nonsense TBH. You mention the hattrick against Norwich earlier, that was a 2-5 win, with no hat trick they would have drawn. Someone else pointed out RvPs braces "resulted in wins" while Suarez's "didn't matter".

I fail to see what is wrong with scoring a brace in three 3-0 wins, then scoring it in 3-2 wins is grand. It's the defenders not managing a clean sheet that make the difference there, not the braces or the strikers scoring them.
That's why I said it was very simplistic. It also doesn't factor in the effect of how scoring extra goals kills a game. I just made the comparison between the two and it's something Berbatov was regularly criticised for. Point is Suarez has failed to deliver as many winners and big goals as a player rated as he is should be.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
This is why I laugh when people start crying over any of my criticisms of Bale. In this thread you have the polar opposite, everyone desperately trying to play down Suarez' achievements because unlike Bale, you can't sign him and you hate him anyway

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
One moment of play summed up Suarez brilliantly today: he received the ball close to the corner flag and went to take on two defenders. They showed him down the endline, which he took, and then he actually tried to score by shooting from this position. I couldn't believe it. Now before somebody comes along and posts the goal he scored at Sunderland last year, I couldn't care less. It was selfish as feck and if van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck or Hernandez had done it, I'd be fuming.
He was inches from scoring. I wasn't fuming.

Ignores genuine goal scoring opportunities to attempt nutmegs. It's ridiculous.
When was this?

AlwaysRedwood

This is why I laugh when people start crying over any of my criticisms of Bale. In this thread you have the polar opposite, everyone desperately trying to play down Suarez' achievements because unlike Bale, you can't sign him and you hate him anyway
I wasn't crying. Just thought it made you look like an idiot.

Suarez has made a lot more of his opportunities this season than last. He's always going to be a selfish player and everything else.

But you can't ignore his quality at this point- like Bale.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
That shot from 30 yards out when he was practically through on goal after megging Collins.. jesus christ what a gumby. :lol:

antohan

TBH, it's the Ajax tackle from behind and other obvious cnutish acts which I have issues with. That was fair cop in my book, if defenders want to be all over you and act hard or "tough as nails" they should be ready to get as good as they dish out.

It's been like that forever and I wouldn't change it. See below O Rei himself, stamped on in the previous move, this is his response.

That's a World Cup semifinal, by the book it could have meant a Zidane-style disgraceful exit, but you can't just go around letting people kick lumps into you. For the record, Brazil got a free kick, Ancheta took it on the chin and didn't complain. Nor did Jara. I prefer that attitude to the constant rolling over minimal contact. Man up FFS.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's being persecuted by the English media. :(

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8634268/Suarez-Persecuted

What a bunch of meanies. Leave Suarez alone.
"Suarez is being persecuted by different football leagues, mainly the English, and we think this is unjust because it's a normal action in football," Uruguay FA president Sebastian Bauza is quoted as saying on South American governing body CONMEBOL's website.
In Uruguay, slyly punching someone is an action of endearment.

Cristiano_RAFC

"We will defend him very strongly. We are working with all the videos and pictures showing Suarez reacted to an initial aggression from Jara."
They should get RAWK involved if they're going to use (still) photos to prove his innocence.

antohan

In Uruguay, slyly punching someone is an action of endearment.
Translations are a bitch, see my post above for something closer to what he was referring to. It's not normal, it's not legal, but it's part and parcel and happens regularly enough without FIFA doing bugger all about it.

He's brought the spotlight upon himself, mind.

Baxter

Absolutely remarkable. What a detestable little cretin. Biting people. Again.

Chabon

Has a player ever ever won POTY whilst suspended for the last few games of the season for biting? I almost want him to win it now...

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's just a disgraceful person. Talented footballer but a complete cnut of a man. Hope he gets a long ban for that.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
An odious cnut if there ever was one. What has he against Ivanovic? That's the third or fourth incident Suarez has been involved in with him now. I'd love for Ivanovic to level him one of these days.

Castia

He's just taken a bite of Ivanovich. What an absolute cnut he is, just when you thought he couldn't get worse he stoops to this level.

There's never been such a despicable player in the history of English football he's an absolute twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.