Television Supergirl

Sylar

I actually think she looks good as Supergirl in costume. My only hope is they dont mention "my cousin" every episode. Its like they are so proud to get that in there.

Nick Fury is white, "Ultimate" Nick Fury is black with Sam Jacksons likeness

Not sure why I know that.
Actually, Samuel L Jackson is Nick Fury, Jr...not Nick Fury...

The recognisability of the character portrayed by Jackson in the films later led Marvel to retire the original character, replacing him with his African American son Nick Fury, Jr., who like the Ultimate Marvel version is patterned on Jackson.
Oooh, thanks for that tidbit. its good to know.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The awful music in the background. Reminds me of the shitty romance scenes from Arrow.
I doubt I'll watch this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I actually think she looks good as Supergirl in costume. My only hope is they dont mention "my cousin" every episode. Its like they are so proud to get that in there.

Oooh, thanks for that tidbit. its good to know.
Word for word, what I wanted to mention too.

Ekeke

I love it. I think it would be great.
The change from making her from a blonde bombshell in the comics and Smallville and making her like in the trailer is nice

Funny how there are complaints about Olsen being black while Hank Henshaw is also black while he's white in the comics.
Because nobody cares about him? And he isnt part of the strange trend to change established red heads into black guys. If DC do a few more including a black Batgirl, they'll end up having just as few redheads as they have black superheroes.

Also, how can it possibly be good to make Kara into the stereotypical superhero show/film character? Thats exactly the same as all the rest, and if it was a good idea then that would have been her persona in the first place so they wouldnt need to change it

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The pilot ep has leaked so I decided to watch the preview first. Bloody awful music playing... Taylor Swift or some such shite.
It sets a bit of a tone. I think I'll pass.

Hoof the ball

Gave the leaked ep a watch today.

Not bad. Not bad at all. The trailer does make it look cheesier than it is. For one thing, you can tell it's done by the guys who did Flash. The Flash surprised a lot of people who didn't think they'd like it. Maybe this one will, also.

Sylar

Good to know. Dont think I can watch episode 1 now and then wait until November however for the rest of the season.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Hmm, not bad. The special effects are quite good for TV, she looks while she flies, looks just the right amount of hot in costume too. I'll give the first season a go.

reelworld

Gave the leaked ep a watch today.

Not bad. Not bad at all. The trailer does make it look cheesier than it is. For one thing, you can tell it's done by the guys who did Flash. The Flash surprised a lot of people who didn't think they'd like it. Maybe this one will, also.
Heh, I was the other way around. I thought the pilot was more cheesy than the trailer. I feel that Benoist was overselling her goofiness. I thought Grant Gustin did a much better job in that department. And one of the good thing about Flash is the father son dynamics between Barry and Joe. The sisters dynamics between Kara and her sister isn't as good. But Benoist is a gorgeous girl and I think she can grow into the role much better in next episodes. And I like seeing a female superhero among all the male superhero tv show out there. I'll give it a few more episode

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Heh, I was the other way around. I thought the pilot was more cheesy than the trailer. I feel that Benoist was overselling her goofiness. I thought Grant Gustom did a much better job in that department. And one of the good thing about Flash is the father son dynamics between Barry and Joe. The sisters dynamics between Kara and her sister isn't as good. But Benoist is a gorgeous girl and I think she can grow into the role much better in next episodes. And I like seeing a female superhero among all the male superhero tv show out there. I'll give it a few more episode
Barry and Wells/Thawne too.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
So I heard the show is not as love comedy as the trailer. Still doubt I'll watch it though.

crimsonife

Most probably leaked because of the terrible trailer. Better than I expected, sets its characters up nicely and gives a sense of what the season is about.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Thought it was alright.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bit meh. Not shit, but nothing special either. And obviously the 1 thing they were 110% going to get right, was ensure Supergirl is pretty hot. :lol:

Always wondered though. Why has it always been SuperMAN and SuperGIRL, and not WOMAN? I assume it's because she didn't age in the phantom zone, and is actually a teenager/early tweens?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bit meh. Not shit, but nothing special either. And obviously the 1 thing they were 110% going to get right, was ensure Supergirl is pretty hot. :lol:

Always wondered though. Why has it always been SuperMAN and SuperGIRL, and not WOMAN? I assume it's because she didn't age in the phantom zone, and is actually a teenager/early tweens?
Too similar to Wonder Woman is my guess.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Superman started being a superhero when he was adult, in the comics Supergirl always started as a teenager.

You're right about people getting up in arms about harmless stuff like this though, wouldn't be surprised if it gets brought up by some media articles in the future.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Superman started being a superhero when he was adult, in the comics Supergirl always started as a teenager.

You're right about people getting up in arms about harmless stuff like this though, wouldn't be surprised if it gets brought up by some media articles in the future.
Thanks for the clarity mate. I thought it was due to their respective "ages"!

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC

It's discussed in the pilot. Ally McBeal names the unknown heroine "Supergirl" in her newspaper and Undercover Supergirl complains.

"SuperGIRL? We can't name her that."
"WE didn't."
"If we call her Supergirl - something less than what she is - doesn't that make us guilty of being anti-feminist?"
Et cetera

Member 39557

Aarrgh makes sense! Surprised it hasn't had any feminists groups up in arms yet.

You know in this day and age, someone always gets offended with something! :lol:
Anybody moaned that she's not fat yet?

Sylar

She looks very nice in those pics. I said before, I think she looks good in the Supergirl outfit.

Havent seen the pilot, but hope theres elements of actual danger involved (with any of the villains in there).

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
She looks very nice in those pics. I said before, I think she looks good in the Supergirl outfit.

Havent seen the pilot, but hope theres elements of actual danger involved (with any of the villains in there).
It doesn't strike me as the type of show that will be very, or even slightly, violent.

Would be a waste having a stupidly powerful character spend their time lifting ambulances and rescuing planes.

Sylar

I dont think it needs to be violent though, just needs to have villains who are a threat or dangerous like in Flash imo (or series 2 of Arrow).

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm really looking forward to this.

Although once I have TV like Arrow or the Flash again and I probably will never get round to watching it