g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Supergirl

crimsonife

That's basically the footage from the leaked first episode. Was underwhelming but I think I'll persist with it.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
It looks so bad and cliched. Feel sorry for anyone who'd even waste their precious time watching such trash.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
The pilot was pretty cliched but it showed enough promise with the characters and action that I'll be sticking around for at least a few more episodes, should get better right.

Does noone else find the sister prettier?
You're not the first person I've heard say that, but nah man Melissa in that Supergirl outfit is the winner for me.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It just appeared in the usual places. I can't bring myself to download it though. I just know it's going to be some shitty teen angst comedy like all the others they make in America.

bucky

It just appeared in the usual places. I can't bring myself to download it though. I just know it's going to be some shitty teen angst comedy like all the others they make in America.
It is. The pilot was all over the place and everything felt rushed. They tried to implement feminism, coming of age, one antagonist for the pilot and one for the whole show, quite a few characters, their relationships and her history. They failed spectacularly and it's a shame, since the show's actors seem to be decent. At least that's what I think, but since Gotham has its fans this will probably find its place as well.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
"Failed spectacularly" is a bit much. The pilot wasn't great, but it showed a decent amount of promise I think. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it less than Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, and (probably) Jessica Jones, but I'm pretty sure it'll be better than Gotham and Agents Of Shield.

Plus, she looks so fecking good in the costume, and for a simple guy like me, that goes a long way.

bucky

"Failed spectacularly" is a bit much. The pilot wasn't great, but it showed a decent amount of promise I think. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it less than Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, and (probably) Jessica Jones, but I'm pretty sure it'll be better than Gotham and Agents Of Shield.

Plus, she looks so fecking good in the costume, and for a simple guy like me, that goes a long way.
I have a high tolerance for shitty superhero stuff, but this pilot was just not done well or any decent IMO. The best thing is probably its potential and the actors. It could go down the same route as Agents of Shield improve a lot or it could stay on a similar level to Gotham and what is currently Arrow. With that being said I have no idea, why I still keep on watching Arrow.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Plus, she looks so fecking good in the costume, and for a simple guy like me, that goes a long way
Me too. This is one show I'm clearly watching for the actress and nothing else.

Dante

Average bang
What's the point in Supergirl? She exists in the same world as Superman (and Batman). Surely, if there were some huge threat to the world, those superheroes would want to come along to help save the day? But, no. They leave the fate of the world to one young girl. It only takes a quick check to see what's trending on Twitter.

"Shit, the world is about to end. Oh, wait. Let me just Whatsapp Superman". That's what I'd be thinking.

I've never understood why Superman and Supergirl exist in such separate spheres of influence. Between the two of them, they should be able to deal with every single world issue in about 5 minutes.

Also, there are many cultures where cousins marry. If these two wanted to re-create the Krypton species, they should be getting it on. It may seem distasteful, but when the future of your entire fecking species hinges on it, you've got to take the risk.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
What's the point in Supergirl? She exists in the same world as Superman (and Batman). Surely, if there were some huge threat to the world, those superheroes would want to come along to help save the day? But, no. They leave the fate of the world to one young girl. It only takes a quick check to see what's trending on Twitter.

"Shit, the world is about to end. Oh, wait. Let me just Whatsapp Superman". That's what I'd be thinking.

I've never understood why Superman and Supergirl exist in such separate spheres of influence. Between the two of them, they should be able to deal with every single world issue in about 5 minutes.

Also, there are many cultures where cousins marry. If these two wanted to re-create the Krypton species, they should be getting it on. It may seem distasteful, but when the future of your entire fecking species hinges on it, you've got to take the risk.
Plus, she would be the only one that stand the power of his spurt. It would blast a normal woman's head off.

Lastwolf

You could say the same for a lot of superheroes, Supergirl has less of a reason than most, she's basically a god and is about as powerful as Superman, Batman and Green Arrow are just billionaires with some toys.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

:nono: This show is superb, S2 and S3 are really excellent. While S1 was a bit shit but showed promise at the end.

Lastwolf

Well he has a point AoS was ropey as hell Season 1, I thought it was nailed on to be cancelled up until like episode 18.

But that dramatic turn around was because of the movie ties in, so it could be argued that although that saved them, did it also hold them back because they were constrained to move forward with the plot until that happened ?

Season 2 and 3 have been massive improvements, I agree and the problem for this show is that there was always the kernel of a good idea in AoS, this just looks like a bad version of Smallville.

Drifter

American
Will give this a go.If they can keep away from the sugar coating that seems to plague SuperGirl ,it could be a pleasant surprise.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well he has a point AoS was ropey as hell Season 1, I thought it was nailed on to be cancelled up until like episode 18.

But that dramatic turn around was because of the movie ties in, so it could be argued that although that saved them, did it also hold them back because they were constrained to move forward with the plot until that happened ?

Season 2 and 3 have been massive improvements, I agree and the problem for this show is that there was always the kernel of a good idea in AoS, this just looks like a bad version of Smallville.
Agreed and I found Smallville dull. She is very good looking though so i'm conflicted.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Smallville was great. Kinda. Season 1 was monster of the weeky, but then so was Buffy. It was a different era though. An era of 24 episode seasons. An era of teen dramas which people watched.

I mean, there were more bad things about Smallville than good, but did it deserve to exist?

I think so.

Lastwolf

The last few season really redeemed that show for me, it was a bit annoying around the season 4-5 mark cause I just couldn't take Lana-Clark romance bullshit anymore but it got better after they gave up on that forever.

Drifter

American
I'll never forgive Smallville for ruining the climax to the Doomsday V Clarke. Great build up and a pathetic ending.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I gave up on Smallville when Clarkes love interest whom I forget the name of became some sort of ancient Egyptian goddess. And then I think forgot?

I liked Clarkes cousin though who was in it for about 3 episodes before getting trapped in an alternate universe?

Lex being Clarkes frenemy worked well

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Smallville wasn't great but I remembering watching it mainly because of Chloe.

Although Lex was brilliant in it. He seemed like the only guy who could actually act on that show.

Sylar

For an opener, it was what I expected but it showed promise. As long as they stop mentioning "he" "my cousin" "the other guy" etc, I think it can work.
Its cool that her sister can kick some ass (or looks like she will) too and not be some damsel that will get Supergirl in trouble all the time.

It was fun, she looks fantastic in her costume. Its too early to tell where it will go, its cool they have a female superhero (yes they have agent carter, but shes really more badass more than a superhero).

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I thought Gotham was meant to be rubbish? It had rubbish reviews at the start.
Its a pretty solid cop show, not a superhero show. Depends what you're in to.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I thought Gotham was meant to be rubbish? It had rubbish reviews at the start.
What the actual feck? Nah, it's feckin amazing! Really dark and gritty and some amazing performances. The Penguin for one is superb. It gives a great insight in to Gotham City and all the criminals before Batman came along. It also shows all the Batman characters in their early years quite well. I love the Flash and Arrow and Agents of Shield, but I think Gotham is superb. Its first series was as least as good as the first series of Arrow.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What the actual feck? Nah, it's feckin amazing! Really dark and gritty and some amazing performances. The Penguin for one is superb. It gives a great insight in to Gotham City and all the criminals before Batman came along. It also shows all the Batman characters in their early years quite well. I love the Flash and Arrow and Agents of Shield, but I think Gotham is superb. Its first series was as least as good as the first series of Arrow.
Yeah, I don't like Arrow... I read loads of reviews and caftards said it was shit so didn't bother with it tbh.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Yeah, I don't like Arrow... I read loads of reviews and caftards said it was shit so didn't bother with it tbh.
Season 2 was one of the best seasons of all the comic books shows imo, it's worth slogging through season 1 to get some of the backstory necessary for that although it's not vital. Season 3 onwards has been shite though.

bucky

If you ask most Batman fans, they all say that Gotham is absolute shite and actually not doing the whole world any justice. I completely agree with that.

Its a pretty solid cop show, not a superhero show. Depends what you're in to.
A solid cop show is Southland or Bosch IMO, not Gotham.

reelworld

I thought Gotham was pretty rubbish. Watched the first episode and hated it so much didn't bother to watch the rest of the them. But each to his own I guess. Supergirl pilot was pretty standard, but like most guys here, I think Melissa Benoist is absolutely gorgeous in her costume, so yeah, would give it a go, prolly 5-6 episode before deciding to continue with it or not.

reelworld

Season 2 was one of the best seasons of all the comic books shows imo, it's worth slogging through season 1 to get some of the backstory necessary for that although it's not vital. Season 3 onwards has been shite though.
I preserved through season 3 mostly because of the crossovers with Flash which is awesome and I like the first 2 season. Was waiting whether they could turn it around. But the season as a whole is pretty bad. Season 4 looks ok-ish, but still haven't been good yet

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
If you ask most Batman fans, they all say that Gotham is absolute shite and actually not doing the whole world any justice. I completely agree with that.
Like I said, each to their own. I couldn't give a feck what most Batman fans think. I like most of the versions of Batman and enjoy their different take on it all. I was a fan of the early comics and read them until I was a teenager, I loved the old Batman TV series and enjoyed the old film even though it was completely stupid. I then enjoyed the first two Batman movies with Michael Keaton because they captured the true dark feel of Gotham and the entire comic book series. I then also didn't hate the next two films because they captured the silly side of the early TV series and film.

Christopher Nolan then completely captured every single aspect that I loved about Batman and Gotham City with his 3 amazing films.

Then Gotham came out and at first I was a little unsure because of some slightly wooden acting in places and strange choice of actors for roles (Jada Smith for instance) However the longer it went on, the better I felt it got. It tells a great version of early Gotham that runs through the original comic books, it also fits perfectly with Nolan's depiction of Gotham City, and the scenery could been found in any of his films and especially the Batman Arkham Knight game trilogy. The scenery is simply superb. The series is also littered with countless tributes to the comics and former films. In short, I enjoy it and take it for what it is, an extension to a universe that I have loved since I was a very small kid.

The Penguin from Gotham is also one of the best villains I have seen in any form of the various interpretations of the Batman and Gotham/DC Universe. Not as good as Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson's Jokers, but he's not that far off.

I preserved through season 3 mostly because of the crossovers with Flash which is awesome and I like the first 2 season. Was waiting whether they could turn it around. But the season as a whole is pretty bad. Season 4 looks ok-ish, but still haven't been good yet

I agree. Shame as the first two series were excellent.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Supergirl chat.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

A solid cop show is Southland or Bosch IMO, not Gotham.
Yup I do think it's shit. I am however strangely entertained by it, it's so shit it's good. I enjoy every episode.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it's not shit then. I do have great taste.
I'm similar with Arrow as I am with TWD now - too invested to stop watching so slogging through till it ends. Admittedly less so with Arrow as the Flash crossovers are usually class (and there are more enjoyable moments within poor episodes).

bucky

Yup I do think it's shit. I am however strangely entertained by it, it's so shit it's good. I enjoy every episode.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it's not shit then. I do have great taste.

I'm similar with Arrow as I am with TWD now - too invested to stop watching so slogging through till it ends. Admittedly less so with Arrow as the Flash crossovers are usually class (and there are more enjoyable moments within poor episodes).
:lol:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
:nono: This show is superb, S2 and S3 are really excellent. While S1 was a bit shit but showed promise at the end.
I'll take your word for it, but I ain't jumping back on board, season 1 was just so damn bland that it effectively ruined the show for me. And unlike Arrow season 3, it had no previous good will to balance the slogging through terrible episodes.