Television Supergirl

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I just watched the first episode of this. It was utter, utter, utter shit.

Also, Ally McBeal has fecked her face up.

Were they not allowed to say "Superman" for copyright reasons?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
That was the pilotesty pilot that ever did pilot, but hey, it was closer to a Superman tone than Man of Steel ever got, so that's worth something.

Drifter

American
Enjoyed that episode.Improved on the pilot and left a few questions. Like what's with Hank , those eyes got me immediately thinking Martian Hunter.

crimsonife

It's taken a lot from Flarrow, the flashbacks and the tone. And much improved from the pilot. A glimpse of Maxwell Lord was cool, but Henshaw :nervous: didn't expect them to do this so soon

Is this worth watching?
Don't know yet, still find it cheesy but I'm watching it for now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I watched the first episode, it was terrible. I will persist because i'm shallow and the lead girl is yummy (who fwiw did a topless scene in Homeland apparently).

Sylar

Fun episode. I like certain elements of this, this show is carried by how likable Melissa is imo. Also like how:
-Pretty much everybody close to her knows its her (rather than the keeping it secret to protect you BS)
-Explaining little things (like how the plane was just kept in the river after the rescue rofl)
-Pretty much revealing to Supergirl that the main villain is her aunt
-Her sister is badass

Also rofl at Fluffy being a snake.

Interested to see what they do with Hank cos the writers will certainly put a twist on the comics

Only thing is, in the pilot it seemed they tried everything not to say Supermans name and went around it so much. This episode mentioned Superman so much, but I kinda get why. Hope they ease of and let Supergirl run (or fly) on her own without all these mentions now.

Drifter

American
This episode seemed more about her cousin than Supergirl (even makes an appearance) . The sooner they get over this the better.

Sylar

This episode seemed more about her cousin than Supergirl (even makes an appearance) . The sooner they get over this the better.
Yeah, I kinda understand why they did it. One of the things about Supergirl is "well she can always call her cousin". That IM chat (whilst on a work computer) was a good way to pretty much ensure Superman never comes to her rescue again (and thus going forward is a Supergirl show).

Supergirl / Kara is just so lovely though and is really carrying the show. Im hoping from this point forward its a Supergirl show with no mentions of Superman (or the one or two here and there where it makes sense).

crimsonife

It's good they've addressed the Superman issue. But it's still really cheesy (the dance was cringeworthy), turned into a drama show.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah, I kinda understand why they did it. One of the things about Supergirl is "well she can always call her cousin". That IM chat (whilst on a work computer) was a good way to pretty much ensure Superman never comes to her rescue again (and thus going forward is a Supergirl show).

Supergirl / Kara is just so lovely though and is really carrying the show. Im hoping from this point forward its a Supergirl show with no mentions of Superman (or the one or two here and there where it makes sense).
I hope so because it's getting unbearable now all those mentions of her "cousin".

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Melissa Benoist is a cutie. A pretty sexual one at that considering her erotic pics. Other than that, yea the show's gonna be a massive pooper.

Sylar

Considering the episode was switched around (and may cause a storyline issue for some things - eg why did James go of with Lucy when she only returned last week - is that part of what we see in the missing episode),it was a fun episode.

The missing episode should be next week imo. Think thats enough time to show respect (although I think missing a week altogether would have been fine).

Anyway, fun thanksgiving episode. I like how they have old Supergirl and old Superman as the parents. Nice touch there. And they have a reason not to trust DEO (well even more so).
Guessing something happened or there dad found out about Henshaw / glowy eyes and got killed as a result of it
Also Good that the mentions of Superman were minimal / non existent, just what this show needs to help it move forward.

I do like how not all weekly villains are from outerspace as well. Overall enjoyed it :)

crimsonife

Overall we didn't miss much from the original episode, didn't feel out of place. Adding to Henshaw was good.

Sylar

Overall we didn't miss much from the original episode, didn't feel out of place. Adding to Henshaw was good.
Oh yeah I agree, it will just feel weird now if they put the missing episode after (eg next week) and some of the stuff is out of order. Seen it with other shows (eg Fringe) lol

PeteManic

The wife has been on at me to get her a superhero costume for ages. Supergirl costume for Xmas it is then!

Sylar

To be fair Ally McBeal is great watch on this show.
She really is, she started off a bit iffy, but Ive liked how her character has been evolving each episode. Shes been strong.

Sylar

Weird episode mostly cos it was the one that should have aired last week and thus the order was out of place. It wasnt seamless and you knew how things would turn out. The Jimmy/Lane thing needs to die, its a waste of TV time on what could be used to flesh out the weekly villains and their motives.

The only good things of this last episode were probably:
-Hank showing of his power (which is still a mystery)
-Supergirl when shes supergirl on screen
-Lord pretty much becoming Luthor-esque in that last scene.

The action wasnt good at all, especially as we dont see the consequences of it either.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Despite her being hot and extremely cute I feel as though watching this show makes my brain bleed. So it's a difficult decision between harming myself just to admire Miss Benoist. Tricky dilemma.

crimsonife

Improvement this time. Cringe worthy with the James/Lucy parts still. Winn is easily more likeable now. I think Hank is basically Wells trying to depower Supergirl.

SirAF

Ageist
I get a part of my US TV fix from CBS All Access and the commercials for this drives me bloody nuts!

"..and now the world have SUPERGIRL" in a whiny voice :lol: :mad: