Television Supergirl

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
She's so cute I feel a pang of anger when somebody is mean to her. Maybe I have anger behind my anger.

I need to fecking sort my life out.

Kazi

Saw an advert for this while watching an NFL stream online and am tempted to give it a go purely by how the lead actress looked.

Sylar

Best episode of the series so far. The rest have been a bit mixed / iffy but the majority of this was good. Melissa carries the show immensely but thats not a bad thing, as its a show about her. Still think Lex Luthor Lite needs more work (theres no chemistry between him and alex at all)

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
That Martian Manhunter reveal was great, stoked to see him live action.

Then I got sad because that probably means we won't be getting him in the movies.

crimsonife

Yeah what the feck. I was expecting Cyborg Superman which I really wanted. Gonna see how they juggle Supergirl and Manhunter. Apparently they changed Henshaw from Cyborg to MM after the pilot.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Called it with MM. Not to bad a episode .Hope it kicks on from here.

Kostur

海尔的老板
They really stepped up their game with Martian Manhunter, fair fecks, happy to see him because he was one of my favourite characters from the comics and TV cartoons.

Sylar

Yep, they are kicking on with this show. Now that they got the whole "cousin of Superman" thing out the way, its no longer the main part. Its mentioned once or twice (given Jimmys relationship) but thats about it.

The whole episode was really good (well cept a few odd things like how she got into Supergirl outfit first before saving Jimmy, and the villains being a bit bland). But overall really fun.

The scene with Supergirl talking down the gun dude was good. As was the MM reveal,

Im guessing Winn will be a villain? Or turn to one maybe?

Mark_GrumpyLion

Yep, they are kicking on with this show. Now that they got the whole "cousin of Superman" thing out the way, its no longer the main part. Its mentioned once or twice (given Jimmys relationship) but thats about it.

The whole episode was really good (well cept a few odd things like how she got into Supergirl outfit first before saving Jimmy, and the villains being a bit bland). But overall really fun.

The scene with Supergirl talking down the gun dude was good. As was the MM reveal,

Im guessing Winn will be a villain? Or turn to one maybe?
I'm assuming she just has this under her clothes constantly? At least, that is my view of it, impractical as it may be. I like how the show is picking up steam, reminds me a bit of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Also a show that had some bigger counterparts that needed to get out of the way first. Enjoyed that last episode, and the other actors are stepping up too, it's no longer just Supergirl carrying the show.

Sylar

I'm assuming she just has this under her clothes constantly? At least, that is my view of it, impractical as it may be. I like how the show is picking up steam, reminds me a bit of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Also a show that had some bigger counterparts that needed to get out of the way first. Enjoyed that last episode, and the other actors are stepping up too, it's no longer just Supergirl carrying the show.
Really agreed about this part, it seems like they got the "necessary" out the way. I hope the building of the villains are strong however. I think they are getting the balance between sending a good message, showing the vulnerability of supergirl as well as keeping her likable.

crimsonife

I can't figure out what Astra is even doing, very unconvincing. Lots of stuff happened though and a new character is coming through Cat. Has picked up the pace a bit and at least they've resolved the horrible Winn/James relationship.

Sylar

Nice winter finale episode. The stuff with Kara and her hologram mother was very strong and powerful imo. Cat figuring out who Supergirl is was a great scene too. The two of them are the two best characters on the show easily.

The fight itself between Supergirl and Astra was fun, but yeah, Astra isnt that compelling as a character. But the final fight scene for a cliffhanger felt odd, maybe cos it was done in a way that seemed like it just stopped half way rather than the standard cliffhanger.

Anyway, the show has improved a lot (especially with the Superman stuff, which probably was needed, but still, out of the way).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nice winter finale episode. The stuff with Kara and her hologram mother was very strong and powerful imo. Cat figuring out who Supergirl is was a great scene too. The two of them are the two best characters on the show easily.

The fight itself between Supergirl and Astra was fun, but yeah, Astra isnt that compelling as a character. But the final fight scene for a cliffhanger felt odd, maybe cos it was done in a way that seemed like it just stopped half way rather than the standard cliffhanger.

Anyway, the show has improved a lot (especially with the Superman stuff, which probably was needed, but still, out of the way).
Best scene of the show by far.

Sylar

An ok episode, I think season 1 needs to be out of the way (like most superhero shows) and then for s2 to kick in. I found that the case for Arrow, Gotham, AoS and believe it will be the case for this as well.

It has some good scenes though.

My main problem is that it returned, and now will be 2 weeks before another episode (is that the finale?). The best thing about Supergirl is her struggles with her relationships (with Cat and her aunt and sister). dont think she needs the relationship struggles with guys, yet anyway.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Credit where it's due they've picked things up with this series, less shit talk, more action and all that.

Sylar

Credit where it's due they've picked things up with this series, less shit talk, more action and all that.
I honestly think they needed to get rid of the whole "my cousin" thing they did. I kinda understand why it was needed to be done, but maybe they could have doneit quicker (like 2 episodes in). But yeah, since then and since the focus on Supergirl, its been really good.

Sylar

Nah its decent and improving. First few eps had tooooo many superman references without actually saying him (altho that one scene was overkill). But since they got past that, its been much better especially with what WW referred to above.

crimsonife

I thought this one was superb. Probably because they focused a lot on Hank this time and set aside the cringy moments. I feel sorry for Winn though. They've completely shut him out for now.

Sylar

I thought this one was superb. Probably because they focused a lot on Hank this time and set aside the cringy moments. I feel sorry for Winn though. They've completely shut him out for now.
Agreed, my fav episode so far (the show is getting better and better). I think what also helped is they didnt have many scenes with Lucy and Jimmy. Do feel for Winn, totally friendzoned but at least neither were whiny and it felt quite mature (give it time etc).

but yeah, the MM scenes and white martian were great. White Martian looked fantastic in true form (shame about budget and all that thus having to go to the Senator form).

Drifter

American
First three episodes thought this was destined for the scrap heap .But someone must have had a word because it as improved a lot since.

Sylar

First three episodes thought this was destined for the scrap heap .But someone must have had a word because it as improved a lot since.
I think its the usual superhero stuff. I think most people said the same about AoS and Arrow. (and even Gotham kinda). Its the whole "lets get this stuff done cos its kinda necessary then move on". I really felt that way about this show, that it was bad but had to be done (like the whole Superman pretty much helping her to show hes in their universe but why he wont help her anymore - cos it kinda makes no sense why they wouldnt work together or why Superman cant protect two cities).

Sylar

Interesting the way they used Bizarro. Do wish Lord was a bit more than one dimensional (tbh he seems more like a Luthor rip off than anything else so far).

I do like how Supergirl seems more "human" than her sister who is a stonecold badass imo.

Drifter

American
Didn't feel the Bizarro story was strong enough and Lord does not have that x factor as a villain.Over all not bad a episode .With one to go hope they end on a good cliff hanger.