Talisca | Scores hat trick on debut

Litch

What this chap says, will be the worst signing for a while, sums up the season really, disappointing season followed up by disappointing signings no doubt
Next weeks winning lottery numbers please....?

Andersons Dietician

Did he ever make his loan move permanent from Benfica? Or is it just the loan has ran out as it was an initial 2 year loan.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can't help but think that Benfica are doing their traditional move of linking one of their cast off with Manchester United.

gr3yham3

You might be right but no one was linking us recently with Talisca either or Sanchez in Jan. Like I said, no one knows, not even Jose as he has no crystal ball either. Sure he has players he's identified but we know even if they are outside OT, a phone call can change everything. Personally I'm not thinking about how any signing compliments what's here cause in reality, most of what's here has proven not to be good enough. Sometimes individual signings don't make sense, it's the ones that then follow then do or when those that leave, it makes sense...
Unless we move to a 442 diamond. A front 2 of Lukaku/Martial/rashford/Sanchez, with a no.10 of talisca/sanchez/lingard supporting them will be great, at least on paper. However, all our width will be from full backs or one of the front 2 running the channels once in a while. We will need super full backs for it to work though. This will also allow a pogba-matic-herrera/fred/savic midfield trio.

ti vu

I can't help but think that Benfica are doing their traditional move of linking one of their cast off with Manchester United.
The weird part is the Turisk side comes out with all this laying in England (their head coach hinted, the rumors from journalist...)

ti vu

Because we have Pogba. He should be the creative attacking-midfielder.
Pogba is a creative midfielder. A SS is different who is more end product oriented. As I said earlier, this guy is what in people's head how Pogba in attacker's position is when reality Pogba is a midfielder. He needs to fulfill his potential as midfielder. He is not a natural goal scorer where people set a number of goal he needs to score then feel disappointed when he doesn't get it in the end.

The question to build a midfield with Pogba to support this guy as SS is valid though. On paper certainly looks lacking balance.

Last edited:

Litch

Unless we move to a 442 diamond. A front 2 of Lukaku/Martial/rashford/Sanchez, with a no.10 of talisca/sanchez/lingard supporting them will be great, at least on paper. However, all our width will be from full backs or one of the front 2 running the channels once in a while. We will need super full backs for it to work though. This will also allow a pogba-matic-herrera/fred/savic midfield trio.
....and that might be the case.

gr3yham3

Don't know why we are linked to this guy, makes no sense. We don't need a new 10.
Looking at Talisca, i don't see a playmaking traditional no. 10 though. He is more of a goal scoring SS. Remember that Jose said he likes a player who is a goalscorer rather than creator to play behind the striker.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surprised so many people have seen him play.
Yeah me too as I admit I know next to nothing about him. But those saying the Turkish league is shite have to remember the English league is shite just now also. We have had a right few unknown players come in from foreign leagues and done really well lately. I’ll reserve my judgement till I actually see him in the flesh a few games before I start to form an opinion (not a YouTube video anyway other than to see his skill set).

Lawman

I know this sounds weird, but can you guys read my posts? It seems like I never get quoted or the thread just dies when I post.

Am wondering if my posts are readable or is this a newbie funciton glitch or whatever.
I can see them buddy.

Mylock

If this is true and hopefully not, it would be another example of buying square pegs for round holes. If you look at liverpool and city they are currently buying players for the positions that they need to improve in. Our last 3 managers haven't, examples of miki v mata, rashford/martial v sanchez. City needed FBs and went and bought them, the same with pool and a CH. On yesterday's performance we needs a complete set of backs as the 4 that were playing weren't good enough 4 years ago, never mind now. Talisca isn't good enough for us. It unbelievable the money wasted by our managers over the last few years. We had more than 100m of defenders that were brought over the last 4 years either on the bench or in the stand not playing and not good enough, whats is happening with our scouting system or the clueless managers? I fear we are being left behind at the moment as the team are playing with fear and the manager has lost the players.

Last edited:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Don't know why we are linked to this guy, makes no sense. We don't need a new 10.
United played a 4312 for a good chunk of the season. He could fit in that or if traditional 433 could start against weaker sides who we struggled this season to get points against. Mourinho wants 2 CMs so if the reports are true, he would be bought alongside most likely Fred (playmaking CDM) which makes sense and gives the squad options to line up against different opponents. Doesn’t mean we won’t be after a RWer since that’s what the reports say that José wants one as well.

Alexis—————Lukaku
————Talisca

—Pogba
————————Fred
————Matic

LB—Toby——Bailly—RB

4231 vs. weaker sides
————Lukaku

Alexis—Talisca—RW

——Pogba—Matic/Fred

LB—Toby——Bailly—RB

433 vs. weaker sides
Alexis—Lukaku—RW

Pogba—————Talisca
———Matic/Fred

LB—Toby——Bailly—RB

433 vs. stronger sides
Alexis—Lukaku—RW

————Pogba
——Matic——Fred

LB—Toby——Bailly—RB

...in other words, there is sense behind it. Gives a number of possibilities to matchup against opponents which is always a plus if you’re not so predictable like how we are/were now.

Last edited:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Pogba is a creative midfielder. A SS is different who is more end product oriented. As I said earlier, this guy is what in people's head how Pogba in attacker's position is when reality Pogba is a midfielder. He needs to fulfill his potential as midfielder. He is not a natural goal scorer where people set a number of goal he needs to score then feel disappointed when he doesn't get it in the end.

The question to build a midfield with Pogba to support this guy as SS is valid though. On paper certainly looks lacking balance.
That's not how i view Pogba. Pogba is a creator who is able to score goals, but first and foremost his job is to bring the creative spark. He can't play the box-to-box role in a 2, so we should focus on a 3 man midfield next season.

Looking at Talisca, i don't see a playmaking traditional no. 10 though. He is more of a goal scoring SS. Remember that Jose said he likes a player who is a goalscorer rather than creator to play behind the striker.
Jose likes that type of player, and Pogba definitely isn't his ideal #10, but as i said above, he can't play the box-to-box role which was intended for him when he came here.

Wallez

A bit of Anderson Talisca history: he was brought to Benfica from Brazil in 2014 for 5 million euro. Benfica has a very good scouting network in Brazil, and they chose to spend big on him. This means that the kid had shown potential. He went on a one year loan to Besiktas, with an option to extend the deal for one year, which Besiktas activated. He is now returning to Benfica, and has a release clause of 25 mill euro.

If Mourinho buys him, I would assume that he will be our first choice nr. 10 in a 4231. This means no signing of wingers (Lingard, Mata and Rashford fighting for the right wing spot), and probably Pogba-Matic as our midfield pairing.

Reactions: KM

gr3yham3

A bit of Anderson Talisca history: he was brought to Benfica from Brazil in 2014 for 5 million euro. Benfica has a very good scouting network in Brazil, and they chose to spend big on him. This means that the kid had shown potential. He went on a one year loan to Besiktas, with an option to extend the deal for one year, which Besiktas activated. He is now returning to Benfica, and has a release clause of 25 mill euro.

If Mourinho buys him, I would assume that he will be our first choice nr. 10 in a 4231. This means no signing of wingers (Lingard, Mata and Rashford fighting for the right wing spot), and probably Pogba-Matic as our midfield pairing.
If we really did promise martial more time as a striker next season, then the 4312/442 diamond will make sense. None of our attackers are wingers at all, and all of them play better as strikers/SS/no.10. Will need a lot of work on the training pitch to get things to work though.

Lawman

The couple of games I saw Besiktas, Talisca played behind the striker as CAM/SS in a 4231. I just remember that Babel and Quaresma were the wingers with Negredo/Vagner Love as striker. In both games Quaresma was the best player, but being honest, I didn't put too much attention to Talisca.

For now, I don't have any idea what Mourinho plans to do in the coming season... I thought we were looking to play 433. Let's wait and see what happens.
If we are going to play similar to Spurs set up. Could he play similar to Alli? For all those saying he’s Fellaini replacement because he’s good in the air sums them up imo. Last week SMS was because he’s tall also. So by that logic if we sign someone average he could be anyone of a few of our players replacements.

ti vu

Thanks for the info. So want extra confirmation. Besiktas has no option to buy clause? 25 mil euro is worth the punt in my book for his type of talent: not really established top class, but show having good promise to become great if the opportunity permits

gr3yham3

Also, he was loaned out due to contract/pay issues right? Not because he was not good enough. If he is here to replace Fellaini , i am all for it.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Wouldn't it be better if we paid the extra £30m for Griezman?

This lad might be good but we can't afford another year of fannying around with potential.

Ekeke

Wouldn't it be better if paid the extra £30m for Griezman?

This lad might be good but we can't afford another year of fannying around with potential.
Mourinho has been a fan of his for years. Tried to sign him for Chelsea but couldnt get a work permit. And I'm pretty sure Mourinho would take a bunch of other Atletico players before Griezman. Talisca is more his kind of player

gr3yham3

If we are going to play similar to Spurs set up. Could he play similar to Alli? For all those saying he’s Fellaini replacement because he’s good in the air sums them up imo. Last week SMS was because he’s tall also. So by that logic if we sign someone average he could be anyone of a few of our players replacements.
I don't think they mean direct replacement for Fellaini where he is the target man, but more of having a more direct attacking option to score headers off crosses into the box besides Lukaku. We faff about with the ball too much at times now. We still need full backs to provide width and crosses for it to truly work though.

ti vu

:lol: Griezmann wouldn't get sold at under 60mil (another poster mentioned Talisca has a release clause around 25mil euro)

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Mourinho has been a fan of his for years. Tried to sign him for Chelsea but couldnt get a work permit. And I'm pretty sure Mourinho would take a bunch of other Atletico players before Griezman. Talisca is more his kind of player
This is the reason why we are in this shit

Woody needs to do the right thing and fire Mourinho before we waste another £250m.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Pretty sure this guy wouldn’t cost £70m hahah

And he’s not a potential type player. He’s proven and ready to play for a bigger club (@golden_blunder). This is a breath of fresh air considering people moan about the big signings. This seems like a move Pool did with Salah/Mane, getting a player who’s proven but ready to unlock another level at a bigger club.

...Talisca was directly involved in 51 goals (37 goals, 14 assists) in just 80 matches for Besiktas in two seasons. That’s not potential, that’s contributions.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
:lol: Griezmann wouldn't get sold at under 60mil (another poster mentioned Talisca has a release clause around 25mil euro)
Heard Besiktas are looking at ways of getting around £50m for him.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Pretty sure this guy wouldn’t cost £70m hahah

And he’s not a potential player. He’s proven and ready to play for a bigger club (@golden_blunder). This is a breath of fresh air considering people moan about the big signings. This seems like a move Pool didn’t with Salah/Mane, getting a player who’s proven but ready to unlock another level at a bigger.

...Talisca was directly involved in 51 goals (37 goals, 14 assists) in just 80 matches for Besiktas in two seasons. That’s not potential, that’s contributions.
It's the turkish league....so the stats dont mean much.

ti vu

Heard Besiktas are looking at ways of getting around £50m for him.
I am trying to ask the other poster whether Besiktas has the option to buy him. As far as I know, it's a loan deal and he's under Benfica's contract which in turn as that poster informed us, has 25mil euro release clause. Perhaps the same reason the head coach is acceptant with his comment he's gone to England next season?!

Agent Rui Faria should try to take Benfica ASAP. Perhaps we can do a swap deal. Like Fellaini go there for free for example.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It's the turkish league....so the stats dont mean much.
People have already mentioned that’s not a good argument. That’s like saying other exceptional players who came up the ranks from weaker leagues shouldn’t have been given a chance. Fact is he’s clearly a definitive player (not some project), has bossed his current league, proved himself, and ready to take the next step which some club can possibly hit a home run in.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I am trying to ask the other poster whether Besiktas has the option to buy him. As far as I know, it's a loan deal and he's under Benfica's contract which in turn as that poster informed us, as 25mil euro release clause.
Lets hope that is true as the summer transfer fund should be prioritised for fullbacks.