Talisca | Scores hat trick on debut

Ekeke

Tall, can score with his head and takes lots of shots. Has some pace and can find a pass to set someone free and can work back a bit and try to recover the ball/

Looks like he has some presence and is quite direct.

No surprise if we sign him then given Mourinho's complaints after the final. Right?

I can certainly see from the clips and his statistics why Mourinho might think hes an upgrade on Lingard and more what the manager is looking for.

By the way Besitkas won Group G in the champions league group stages, ahead of Porto, RasenballSport Leipzig and Monaco. He scored 4 goals in their 6 matches.

They went out to Bayern Munich in the same round we went out in to Sevilla and 1 round before City went out to Liverpool. Granted, Bayern went through easily but it shows something that they even got there and Bayern are miles better than Sevilla...

So don't count him out just because he's playing in Turkey. His team did well in europe this season and he was joint top scorer for them in the competition with Tosun who then signed for Everton

Last edited:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Watched him maybe 20 times over the years for Benfica, I always liked him so when he moved to Besiktas and the matches were on TV (worked in a sports bar) I'd keep an eye out.

He's a very interesting player that I wouldn't directly compare to anybody in our squad to be quite honest. He never really got going in Portugal which was a pity because he was fantastic at times, but he has a good set of attributes including being a very good finisher, very direct, tough to get the ball off and is good in the air and at set pieces.

Whether or not he has the ability to step up to our level remains to be seen, but if we get him for a decent price he could be a decent rotation option in the final third, even as a #9

1974_Fergie_Time

If we sign this guy and Sergej Milinković-Savić it tells me Pogba is leaving as Jose is fed up with him

Deleted member 101472

You could also get width from the centre midfielders.
No need to overcomplicate. Proper, Younger full backs along with ball playing centre back are significantly more important than any other position, and much more so than this player.

sam147

We should stay away from Bellerin.
You could also get width from the centre midfielders.
Bellerin is actually one of the better RBs available. We can get width from CMs in some systems but in a 4321 FBs are crucial. It would be pointless having Valencia as a RB. He would fail to beat his man time and time again as well as continuosly back pass. If Bellerins on the market we should be in for him especially if we have Talisca, Lukaku, Pogba getting into the box.

haram

Bellerin is actually one of the better RBs available. We can get width from CMs in some systems but in a 4321 FBs are crucial. It would be pointless having Valencia as a RB. He would fail to beat his man time and time again as well as continuosly back pass. If Bellerins on the market we should be in for him especially if we have Talisca, Lukaku, Pogba getting into the box.
Bellerin hasn’t been good going forward either. I am all for a new RB, just not Bellerin.

sam147

Bellerin hasn’t been good going forward either. I am all for a new RB, just not Bellerin.
Who is there on the market that is available? As well as someone who would fit in with no adjustment. Sidibe is actually poor defensively and when it comes to the PL he will be exposed even further. Odriozola or whatever is still unproven and has one good season. Meunier is a great player but very slow moving off the mark.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we sign this guy and Sergej Milinković-Savić it tells me Pogba is leaving as Jose is fed up with him
Or maybe we're switching to a new system and doing away from the flanks

------------------DDG---------
Valencia----Bailly----Tobi----------Sandro

-----------------Matic-------------------

-----------Fred--------Pogba----------------

-----SMS/Talisca------Sanchez/Lingard-------

-----------------Lukaku----------------

Last edited:

haram

Who is there on the market that is available? As well as someone who would fit in with no adjustment. Sidibe is actually poor defensively and when it comes to the PL he will be exposed even further. Odriozola or whatever is still unproven and has one good season. Meunier is a great player but very slow moving off the mark.
I am not sure on th solution. I just know Bellerin has been poor, especially with his crossing.

Jim Reaper

havent seen mych of him but if this is a replacement for Fellianis squad position, im all for it. That is not more Felliani hate, its just that i believe he is leaving and i think Talisca could be a good option in the squad but proberly isnt the kind of player that we need as a starter in a 3 man midfield. If its Talisca and another CM. Go for it.

ash_86

Looks fantastic on the counter, has an amazing shot, good speed and skill and just 24. Sign him up Jose! :drool:

Ekeke

From his wiki :

"Style of play
He has been nicknamed "Yaya Talisca" in reference to Ivorian midfielder Yaya Touré, but bases his game on that of his compatriot Neymar.[20] He has also been compared to fellow Brazilian Rivaldo."

Can you guess which of these references Jose Mourinho is probably most excited about?

haram

From his wiki :

"Style of play
He has been nicknamed "Yaya Talisca" in reference to Ivorian midfielder Yaya Touré, but bases his game on that of his compatriot Neymar.[20] He has also been compared to fellow Brazilian Rivaldo."

Can you guess which of these references Jose Mourinho is probably most excited about?
None of them.

Woziak

Ok this deal is hitting most news publications but still not ratified and will more likely cost 30 to 35 million Euros not the 55M being quoted plus there will be loads of add ons. It now looks like Sandro and Talisca will be our first two signings, coincidentally both Brazilian. All United fans must now start to realise that we are currently not in Europe's top 10 football clubs and this signing although underwhelming might surprise everyone next year, let's face it, can he really do any worse than Sanchez, 3 GOALS in 17 games averaging 1 in 6 for 500k per week?

Currently as much as it pains me to say this, purely based on our football style, pattern of play and overall squad ability, United are no longer considered a European Superpower by many of the continent's top players, the Sevilla defeat was more crushing than many fans realise.
Would any members of the Forum still rank United in Europe's Top 10?
I certainly wouldnt which is why certain players will not join us! (Tabloids have us linked with Allaba, Neymar, Kroos, Veratti, Umtiti, Bale, Bonucci, Tiago and Vidal)
Come the start of the season, I doubt any from the above list will be applying their trade at Old Trafford!

Current Top 10 European Clubs
Madrid
Barcelona
Napoli
Juventus
Athletico Madrid
PSG
City
Liverpool
Spurs
Roma

With United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Lazio, Monaco, Marseilles, Dortmund, Sevilla, Shalke, Vallencia being in the next group. We need 6 new players with 4 being a success just to break into 7th to 10th position and only a Neymar or a Ronaldo plus those 6 signings could truly elevate the club back to European Elite as a top 5 Club!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Savic and Talisca at least fit a gameplan for you guys. Very interesting set of attributes on both of them

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If it means the end of Lingard then i am all for it.

Also, sincerely hope we finally move on Mata as he has been passenger for the last few years and doesn't contribute at all.

Tarrou

We've been linked with him a couple of times before I'm sure. I remember thinking he looked a bit underwhelming back then, but needless to say I've never seen him play and just going on youtube so I'll keep an open mind.

If we're signing him though surely it puts to bed any Milinkovic-Savic rumours? And also, makes it more likely Fellaini is indeed off.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Yeah exactly my feeling. He wouldn't have been my choice seeing as I know feck all about him but people writing him off and calling him the Fellaini replacement.
Same here.

I don’t really get why we’d sign an AM but at the same time I get it. We need someone to link/connect Pogba and Matic. An attacking midfielder wouldn’t let Pogba roam unless we play 1DM + 2CMs against weaker sides. I guess this means we’ll get Fred as the C(D)M and he’ll be with Matic against tougher sides with Pogba upfront to be harder to play against. If that’s the case, then this makes sense. If we aren’t able to secure Fred or someone like him, then it’s a head scratcher as I don’t want us to rely on Herrera to start another year.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Question:

what’s his primary position? Is he a #10/AM or a RW? And either way (seeing he’s an attack minded player), does this make him a Fellaini replacement or Mata and what position do you think he plays at United?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Yeah exactly my feeling. He wouldn't have been my choice seeing as I know feck all about him but people writing him off and calling him the Fellaini replacement.
He’s more a mata replacement than a Fellaini one. He won’t slot into our 3 man midfield. Instead he’ll be placed on that right wing spot with freedom to come inside and playmake.

AgentP

He has scored 20 goals this season. 11 of them headers. No wonder Jose loves him.