Talisca | Scores hat trick on debut

Scholsey2004

Don’t think Talisca should be judged on who he plays for. Not a watcher of Turkish football, but seen him in the CL and wondered what the deal is with him. He has something, and if Jose has wanted him for years, then so trust he has a plan.

I saw him give Bayern a tough time in the CL playing for Benfica a couple of years back, scored a great free-kick last Neuer too.
Yeah, people forget these Brazilian lads often come across the pond to lower level clubs. Look at malcom at Bordeaux. And how many Brazilians have drifted through Holland on their way into Europe?

Kearnkoff69

Talisca will offer scoring options that we currently lack. He is not a maestro but he is more of a second striker. He can has every quality that you can imagine to score. He is not a magician like Kaka but he can be very useful off the bench.

He is not lightning fast but he is fast enough. He doesn't play on the right. He is a typical second striker.
Sounds a lot like Firmino at Hamburg. People poo-poo'd that signing before he ended up at Pool, but he's done well in England. If Talisca has as much success as Firmino at translating his skillset to the PL, he'd be a good signing for us.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Do you think Fellaini is good enough to be a bench option?
For this current United team, sure. For where United want to be in the near future, no.

They're completely different players but Fellaini is better than Talisca imo

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I just remembered that we got that super scout from Juventus, Ribalta something. Could this be his work? Do we really need scouts?

deafepl

If we signed him, we'll be guaranteed 10+ goal from him on direct free-kicks and on the right flank with his left foot to score a long shot.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
This would be so, so underwhelming. Seen him play a few times and I imagine he will frustrate the hell out of everyone. Similar to Nani, who I liked but not enough that I think he'd significantly help this team.

deafepl

I just remembered that we got that super scout from Juventus, Ribalta something. Could this be his work? Do we really need scouts?
Yeah, that's it too. We are after Barella which I think is Herrera replacement.

Deniz Dalgic

I m from Turkey, reading the forum for so many years, after all the whines for this rumour i wanted to write some things about him.
Firstly he is nothing like Fellaini. Actually i thought a lot of times when i was watching Talisca, how good he would be at here and hoped for it. He is not a midfielder, he is playing number 10 but mostly like a second striker. He is mostly not in the build-up play but when he get in he tries to make something creative and tricky, and he got the talent to do it. You can just think it exactly opposite of mata who always just get in to build-up play with sideway passes. He has much more directness in his game, his shooting is quite impressive and can not think anyone better than him in the squad. His headers are also quite impressive too, he is like suarez in the box always getting the ball somehow. Im pretty sure if he comes and play consistently can get 20 goals for a season as no 10 or lets say second striker.

gica_7

This would be so, so underwhelming. Seen him play a few times and I imagine he will frustrate the hell out of everyone. Similar to Nani, who I liked but not enough that I think he'd significantly help this team.
Depends on how you look at his signing. He is probably going to replace Fellaini as the impact player off the bench. Yet, he is miles ahead of Fellaini in every positive football talent. Fellaini can only dream of some of the things that Talisca is capable of.

And, he is more consistent than Nani.

el3mel

It's not like the top signings that make us drool are working, so let's try something different.

izec

Whats his chest like? If he can bring down the ball with his chest half as good as Fellaini, i would throw in another 10m as a bonus to Besiktas

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Depends on how you look at his signing. He is probably going to replace Fellaini as the impact player off the bench. Yet, he is miles ahead of Fellaini in every positive football talent. Fellaini can only dream of some of the things that Talisca is capable of.

And, he is more consistent than Nani.
They're totally different players. Fellaini is a plan B option, which can be useful. Talisca is tall but not very physical, decent in the air but not a target man by any stretch.

They're similar. Talented players who frustrate. Don't think he'll ever produce the type of form Nani showed in 2011 in the PL to be honest.

Deleted member 101472

From what I can tell, isn’t he a bit like a very,very, very, very, very, poor mans rivaldo?

Canagel

If he can score goals then I'm all up for it. We need more goals and midfielders that will get into the box and be a goal threat. Time to buy some fullbacks now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sounds a lot like Firmino at Hamburg. People poo-poo'd that signing before he ended up at Pool, but he's done well in England. If Talisca has as much success as Firmino at translating his skillset to the PL, he'd be a good signing for us.
It was Hoffenheim and they really have nothing to do with each others in terms of quality. Unless Talisca does a Paulinho.

el3mel

The fact he's a left footed make me warm to him. Enough of all those right footed players. Half of the team can only play with their right foot, Valencia, Young, Pogba, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Absolutely nothing alike.

One renowned for his work rate, the other for a lack thereof. Guess which is which.

He will need to seriously knuckle down to make it in the PL. He's a player you take a chance on when you have a stable team in place, which I don't think we do.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ive never seen him play, but based on the posts in this thread would it be fair to say he's a budget Griezmann? Or are they not similar at all.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Meanwhile Liverpool may win the CL and are about to sign the player I wanted more than anyone else - Nabil Fekir.

Truly some darkest timeline bullshit going on right now.

Traub

Meanwhile Liverpool may win the CL and are about to sign the player I wanted more than anyone else - Nabil Fekir.

Truly some darkest timeline bullshit going on right now.
Could be worse, we could be going into Moyes’ final year of his six year contract...

Tiber

Know nothing about him. Is this instead of Savic then?

deafepl

Ive never seen him play, but based on the posts in this thread would it be fair to say he's a budget Griezmann? Or are they not similar at all.
Different players, Talisca is more like a version of Rivaldo even though he is not better than Rivaldo, compared to Rivaldo often by Brazilians

However, only the reason he was in Turkey because he doesn't have a work permit and is not citizens of EU so can't move to England.