g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Talisca | Scores hat trick on debut

Laurentiu amt

He's pretty good from what I've seen of him this year. Not Man Utd quality yet, but still better than Martial/Rash/Lingz. Yeah he's young, but hey, at least we're going to have a flair player in our team other than Sanchez and Poggers.

Scholsey2004

If he can score goals then I'm all up for it. We need more goals and midfielders that will get into the box and be a goal threat. Time to buy some fullbacks now.
Yeah, fullbacks are the new wingers. A couple of top class full-backs at their peak and we'd be a lot more formidable down the flanks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Turkish league is really low level, I really hope we aren't buying players based on ability they've shown in Turkey.

deafepl

If I recall, Jose signed Coutinho whilst at Inter Milan. He had much success with Brazilan.

deafepl

Turkish league is really low level, I really hope we aren't buying players based on ability they've shown in Turkey.
It's because he can't move to top 5 league and don't have a work permit.

Razvan

As long as we bring him as the Fellaini replacement, and not the main target (SMS/Fred), then I guess it would be an alright signing. At least he's not 29, right?

Kearnkoff69

It was Hoffenheim and they really have nothing to do with each others in terms of quality. Unless Talisca does a Paulinho.
Absolutely nothing alike.

One renowned for his work rate, the other for a lack thereof. Guess which is which.

He will need to seriously knuckle down to make it in the PL. He's a player you take a chance on when you have a stable team in place, which I don't think we do.
My bad, it was Hoffenheim.

To be clear here, I wasn't speaking authoritatively on him as though I'd seen him play or anything. I was merely responding to a comment here that described him in a way that sounded like Firmino's best qualities before he moved to Pool. It's too bad it sounds like that is not the case.

deafepl

I checked their twitter, it seems United is the only club he is following, no City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or any top club in Europe. if it is true we signed him in January but can't register him in the league because he doesn't have a work permit and it takes a while to get one.

pascell

I checked their twitter, it seems United is the only club he is following, no City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or any top club in Europe. if it is true we signed him in January but can't register him in the league because he doesn't have a work permit and it takes a while to get one.
I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but the reports are we've had Talisca signed since January. Yet the journalists in Italy are saying we've been in discussions for Milinkovic-Savic more recently, so signing Talisca might not mean the end of our interest in Milinkovic-Savic?

Nick7

Why would this guy mean no Milinkovic Savic? They don't really play in the same position.

deafepl

I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but the reports are we've had Talisca signed since January. Yet the journalists in Italy are saying we've been in discussions for Milinkovic-Savic more recently, so signing Talisca might not mean the end of our interest in Milinkovic-Savic?
I don't think that would end, if we actually signed him, that would mean we are not interested in Savic? We are still in for him. Talisca can play on right wing and has left foot.

crossy1686

career ending
Just random people saying random shit they know absolutely nothing about. If we're in for 4 or 5 players this summer, we will definitely sign another midfielder, it might not be Milinkovic-Savic but it won't be because some pleb on Twitter called it in May.

sam147

Can this day get any worse?

Shit performance followed up by signing a shit player.

He’s been linked with Wolves and Everton for a while and is currently playing in Turkey on loan from Benfica....sign him up.
he is 6'3 has a decent shot on him. Cant be worse than Fellaini. If Fellaini's going Jose said he wants another midfielder. He would be a perfect buy without taking out much of our budget. He would provide depth and can play off the striker and even be an impact sub. We need quality. If we sign him we can focus on buying Alderweireld, Sandro, Savic/Fabinho and maybe even a RW if we are lucky.

Devil may care

I just saw the price is supposed to be £48M, fecking hell, he's barely worth half that, how much did the lad that plays on the left for Watford cost? because he's about the same level. With a price like that he'd not be taking Fellaini's spot on the bench, he'd be a starter, which is laughable.

haram

People getting worked up and they really dont know much about the player or the deal.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I know him well and he's quite good. A mobile attacking midfielder who's very tactical astute, smart with the ball and gets into the area often. 20 goals this season as a midfielder.

His manager let out some details about his transfer to England, on how he will probably become a "rival" to Cenk Tosun. It would mean Liverpool but his twitter followings indicate otherwise.

Flytan

Don't know him at all. Can't say I am excited or not, but if he brings some level of passion he's clearly better than most of our squad.

deafepl

I know him well and he's quite good. A mobile attacking midfielder who's very tactical astute, smart with the ball and gets into the area often. 20 goals this season as a midfielder.

His manager let out some details about his transfer to England, on how he will probably become a "rival" to Cenk Tosun. It would mean Liverpool but his twitter followings indicate otherwise.
I would amuse people from oversea see every team in PL's rival is United because of how long United have dominated the English footballing over nearly 3 decades.

cyberman

You're one of 3 people who I believe have actually seen him in this thread and isn't pretending so they can have a moan.
Would you say he has to be deployed as a 10 or can he make runs from deep to keep the 3 man midfield?

DownRiver

I feel Mourinho has found a target men in Lukaku and Fellaini. Fellaini leaving means we need a replacement (this doesn't discount the replacement needed for Carrick), so a target man like Talisca will be a perfect replacement.

Talisca is Fellaini with an extra three infinity stones in skill, agility and shooting prowess. I feel he is a decent replacement for an option 2, when things are not working out. Mourinho would have used Fellaini if he could for the final, but couldn't as he was injured. Talisca is that upgraded Fellaini, to put it bluntly. Let's be honest, we like Fellaini's physicality-but he lets himself down with the lack of technical ability and agility.

Again, we 20 goals and 8 assists are not easy to achieve for an inconsistent player who doesn't work hard for the team. I have my doubts because Mourinho's signings haven't been great.

I hope Javier Ribalta is the one behind this and brought a good report back to Mourinho (who he already knows of course) because he really does have an eye for untapped talent.

dove

These comments :lol: I don't know anything about the guy (just like most of you I guess) but maybe it's good we buy someone 'unknown' rather then watching another superstar fail. According to transfermarkt he is AM, I just hope we are not going to try and fit him in RW?

deafepl

These comments :lol: I don't know anything about the guy (just like most of you I guess) but maybe it's good we buy someone 'unknown' rather then watching another superstar fail. According to transfermarkt he is AM, I just hope we are not going to try and fit him in RW?
He is more comfortable on RW because he's left-footed unlike martial, rashford and lingard.

Razvan

His manager let out some details about his transfer to England, on how he will probably become a "rival" to Cenk Tosun.
Are we 100% sure that "rival" is the correct translation of what he said? Maybe he was thinking of opponent or something like that.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
You're one of 3 people who I believe have actually seen him in this thread and isn't pretending so they can have a moan.
Would you say he has to be deployed as a 10 or can he make runs from deep to keep the 3 man midfield?
I guess he would have no issues in a 3 man midfield because he covers a lot of ground quickly but the best performances from him came from the attacking mid position. Which is about the same as where Sanchez is playing on lately, although Talisca does more vertical movement, sometimes picking the ball deep but then getting so far as the end of crosses.

Robert

I'm intrigued. Been down the rabbit hole researching him over the past couple hours. My feeling is it looks like he has some good technical qualities i.e shooting, heading, set pieces and is physically sound, he looks tall and mobile.

I don't envision him being a starter by any means, I think he'll go in to squad for a while and we'll sign far more significant players this summer anyway. However if he can replicate what he's shown previously but at this new level, then I think he could be a very handy player for us. Espesh if we lose the likes of Martial, Mata, Fellaini from the midfield positions and he can show some versatility.. maybe he could play off the right?

deafepl

I don't care about Felker, Depay is a lot better than him in the league in half second season.

Charles Miller

He was a false 9 for Bahia. The times i watched him for Benfica and Besiktas he was playing more as a midfielder. I think hes wasting his career in that role. Hes a striker imo.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Are we 100% sure that "rival" is the correct translation of what he said? Maybe he was thinking of opponent or something like that.
No. The "rival" team was interpreted by the Portuguese journalist as being Liverpool, as he says in the article. But the original interview is obviously Turkish so he was just taking a guess and the manager could very well mean United as a rival as well.