Talisca | Scores hat trick on debut

ti vu

Yeah, that's it too. We are after Barella which I think is Herrera replacement.
We're really pushing for Barella? I am hyped for that. There has been no news for months on that, so thought it headed into dead end.

This Talisca guy though. I am indifferent. He is serious wupicked shooter and can help with the set piece &a direct free kick, but I don't see he has the required intensity in his game.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't get how people see him as a Mata replacement? He's not, and I'd be baffled to see Jose play him out wide like that, it's not really his game at all from what I've seen.

AgentP

Can he play in a midfield 3? Seems to have the attributes for it. I'm guessing he's our Fellaini replacement.

ti vu

Can he play in a midfield 3? Seems to have the attributes for it. I'm guessing he's our Fellaini replacement.
As far as I know he is no midfielder. Calling him no 10 is a stretch too. He is more SS in that he gets even or beyond the main forward quite often. He is not just creator like no 10 should be. He's burdened with the scoring responsibility. Make no sense if he is to start wide and drift inside either. He can dribble, but he is not that good to start from wide area. He can help tracking back but not to the extend that you can relate to a true midfielder, so again make no sense if we're to change to midfield 3

AgentP

As far as I know he is no midfielder. Calling him no 10 is a stretch too. He is more SS in that he gets even or beyond the main forward quite often. He is not just creator like no 10 should be. He's burdened with the scoring responsibility. Make no sense if he is to start wide and drift inside either. He can dribble, but he is not that good to start from wide area. He can help tracking back but not to the extend that you can relate to a true midfielder, so again make no sense if we're to change to midfield 3
True. I thought our plan next season was to switch to a 433. Being linked with Fred and SMS also pointed towards that. Talisca just won't fit into that formation. No idea what the club plans to do.

Fer

Well, that sounds to me that he could be a similar player like Dybala, Griezmann, Muller, etc.
As you mentioned, it doesn't make too much sense... Unless we change our system.

ti vu

Well, that sounds to me that he could be a similar player like Dybala, Griezmann, Muller, etc.
As you mentioned, it doesn't make too much sense... Unless we change our system.
Muller way of operating is more closely resembled here . Dybala and Griezmann out right lead the line more, looking to run in behind the defense. He can drift wide, stay back to help build up, but it's more optional/sitional, not the primary role like one you can associated with no 10, a midfielder or winger.

Last edited:

Sanche7

Yeah, that's it too. We are after Barella which I think is Herrera replacement.
Didn't that rumour die off a few months back?
I don't see us getting linked with him anymore.
Would have liked to see us buy him, looked like a complete CM,wont cost much too.

Fer

Muller is more closely. Dybala and Griezmann out right lead the line more, looking to run in behind the defense. He can drift wide, stay back to help build up, but it's more optional/sitional, not the primary role like one you can associated with no 10, a midfielder or winger.
The couple of games I saw Besiktas, Talisca played behind the striker as CAM/SS in a 4231. I just remember that Babel and Quaresma were the wingers with Negredo/Vagner Love as striker. In both games Quaresma was the best player, but being honest, I didn't put too much attention to Talisca.

For now, I don't have any idea what Mourinho plans to do in the coming season... I thought we were looking to play 433. Let's wait and see what happens.

champp1nho

For a decent fee looks like a good squad player. Gives options and have some strong attacking skills. Not too excited but could potentially be a good signing.

Hawks2008

Never seen him play but his MOTM card on FIFA is pretty great so I'm interested.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Maybe he'll be Lukaku s back up since Martial iq leaving and we dont have a single player upfront that can match Lukaku s presence.

But once again, we were talking of Lewandowski and co and will finish with the likes of Sidibe, Talisca and Serri

yo@Kirk

Mourinho described "his" #10 as an 8 1/2 without the ball and a 9 1/2 with the ball. As he's been following this player for some time, this could be the "his" #10 he had in mind. By my count, United played 35 matches this season in schemes that utilized a CAM/#10, mostly 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2. Talisca looks a more dynamic attacking threat than anyone Mourinho lined up in the CAM/#10 role this season. Getting "his" #10 and good attacking fullbacks would improve United's ability to score goals against the parked bus defenses that troubled the team after the Liverpool away match.

Gopher Brown

6 foot 3 is way too short. We need a player twice that height if he’s going to have any chance of getting on the end of those Ashley Young back post crosses.

Mcking

Position wise, yes. He plays as the man behind the striker in a 4231 for Beskitas.
He's a AM-CF hybrid, a SS in other words, and mainly puts emphasis on goals over creating.
He's great at shooting, heading, decent pace and a long stride - like Pogba; he's good at dribbling, crossing and on the counter.
He's not the greatest at passing, but he loves getting beyond the main striker and provides box-presence when the ball is out wide.
He's like Dele Alli, your perfect man for the 4411 especially if you have a small man upfront. Signing him as a striker will probably reduce us to a perma-4231 as I can't see him excelling in another formation.
Would be a good signiog imo, especially if we sign a RW and two pretty good FBs.

pascell

I don't think that would end, if we actually signed him, that would mean we are not interested in Savic? We are still in for him. Talisca can play on right wing and has left foot.
I think Talisca will play RW instead of Mata, a good out ball off goal kicks with his height to retain possession further up the pitch and seems like he can contribute with goals and assists.

Just random people saying random shit they know absolutely nothing about. If we're in for 4 or 5 players this summer, we will definitely sign another midfielder, it might not be Milinkovic-Savic but it won't be because some pleb on Twitter called it in May.
Milinkovic-Savic has been linked with us quite regularly, an Italian journalist said just the other day we've bid €91m but it could all he false, you never know with us in the transfer market unless multiple credible sources are running with it.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Would there be work permit issues? No international caps and in his mid-20s usually means no, doesn't it?
A few years ago they changed the rules for work permits. As long as the club pays at least 10 million for the player they get a work permit.

red thru&thru

I also can’t comment on this guy, however, we need squad players. We’ve bought alot of “proven” players recently, so it’ll be good to see some unknown’s and see how they get on?!

mattunited1978

doommonger
Like the look of him, researched him quite a bit the last time we were linked.

Great shot on him, good set pieces, solid technique and a fantastic header of the ball. Absolutely nothing like fellani,apart from being tall, better at every aspect of the game, including heading. Scored 37 in 78 games in the last two seasons as an AM/SS and more importantly, he's scored 7 in 16 in european games , as an AM/SS for a relatively weak team.

I think he would be a very good squad option with the ability to be more, only turned 24 in feb.

Suprised people are quick to claim he's not united quality when theres players in the league we would love to have here, but were deemed not united quality when we were linked in the past.

bebeanderson

Three points on this :

-We have to keep in mind the Turkish league is awful. Like, more than awful. Fernandão is scoring goals there, you guys don't know him but trust me it's a bad indication..

-This could be a Jorge Mendes/Mourinho buddy wink wink thing, where United announces the interest on him to raise his final price on the bididng war that will happen for him this summer. For all we know he's still going to Wolves or Watford type club.

-If he does come, I don't think it's an awful idea to play him against smaller clubs. He can shoot from distance and head the ball, that's the two things you need against these teams since you are going to have to cross the ball anyhow against a parked bus.

Litch

Can't believe some fans, they curse when City and Liverpool sign players for peanuts which would suggests they are a bit of a gamble but turn out to be ok, one of which Liverpool end up selling for 120m profit, yet the vultures start circling before this has been confirmed. Did people not watch yesterday's game? Have people not seen the millions spent on players that still haven't lived up to the money or have already left the club for the same reason?

Fans can't have it both ways...

ti vu

Can't believe some fans, they curse when City and Liverpool sign players for peanuts which would suggests they are a bit of a gamble but turn out to be ok, one of which Liverpool end up selling for 120m profit, yet the vultures start circling before this has been confirmed. Did people not watch yesterday's game? Have people not seen the millions spent on players that still haven't lived up to the money or have already left the club for the same reason?

I am not sure whether I would be included in the group you described.

I think this guy is perfect for game like yesterday where the starting no 9 has no presence. He can take long shot or help with set piece, free kick... to more brute force the game. The only question is how we would fit this guy in as he is SS by trade. To shoehorn him else where is a waste.

On side note, I believe this Talisca guy is what people think in their head of Pogba playing support forward role. (not the real Pogba though. He is midfielder. He lack that instinct of an attacker/goal scorer)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

My concern is that he's a no 10. We've already got too many no 10s (Fellaini, Sanchez, Mata) + Pogba is more comfortable in a 3 men CM.

If we do sign him then I can see us going into a narrow 4-3-3 system with Matic-Pogba-Herrera in CM and Sanchez/Talisca + Lingard/Mata or SMS behind the main striker.

Litch

I am not sure whether I would be included in the group you described.

I think this guy is perfect for game like yesterday where the starting no 9 has no presence. He can take long shot or help with set piece, free kick... to more brute force the game. The only question is how we would fit this guy in as he is SS by trade. To shoehorn him else where is a waste.

On side note, I believe this Talisca guy is what people think in their head of Pogba playing support forward role. (not the real Pogba though. He is midfielder. He lack that instinct of an attacker/goal scorer)
Nobody really knows what players are or not. It's a complete lottery and not a science otherwise transfers would always work out when it reality most don't. We know more than anyone, money doesn't guarantee nothing. I'm not suggesting anything about the player cause I don't watch Turkish football, just let's not get into writing players off because they haven't come from Spainish football. There's a player who looked pants for Spurs, went to Chinese football and now plays for Barca. What would people have said then if we were signing some from the Chinese league who failed here????

Litch

My concern is that he's a no 10. We've already got too many no 10s (Fellaini, Sanchez, Mata) + Pogba is more comfortable in a 3 men CM.

If we do sign him then I can see us going into a narrow 4-3-3 system with Matic-Pogba-Herrera in CM and Sanchez/Talisca + Lingard/Mata or SMS behind the main striker.
Do you know who's coming or staying next season? Might be more apparent as the summer unfolds.

ti vu

Nobody really knows what players are or not. It's a complete lottery and not a science otherwise transfers would always work out when it reality most don't. We know more than anyone, money doesn't guarantee nothing. I'm not suggesting anything about the player cause I don't watch Turkish football, just let's get into writing players off because they haven't come from Spainish football. There's a lad player who looked pants for Spurs, went to Chinese football and now plays for Barca. What would people have said then if we were signing some from the Chinese league who failed here????
Nobody knows how player would adapt, that's fair point. However, there is evidence for player's preference position, style of play... In this case, he is best as SS and play there all the time. So the concern is whether we shoehorn him else where or turn back to midfielder 2 again which hasn't work out well.

For us to have this guy at his best position and a working midfield 2 it would be a major surgery given how we see our players' tactical compatibility is. Good players can still be good players, but as a team it doesn't look like the players click: our current problem with players take turn blow hot &a cold despite their own abilities

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Do you know who's coming or staying next season? Might be more apparent as the summer unfolds.
I don't hence why its an educated guess. Here is my line of thought

A- We're currently linked with CMs and no 10s (Fred, Talisca and SMS)
B- We're not being linked with wingers and that despite Martial seem to be on the way out
C- Lingard is being played in a more central role + the last winger we actually bought feels more comfortable in a no 10 role then on the flanks (Sanchez)
D- Pogba is more comfortable in as a left sided CM in a 3 man CM.

Acquire Me

Ok this deal is hitting most news publications but still not ratified and will more likely cost 30 to 35 million Euros not the 55M being quoted plus there will be loads of add ons. It now looks like Sandro and Talisca will be our first two signings, coincidentally both Brazilian. All United fans must now start to realise that we are currently not in Europe's top 10 football clubs and this signing although underwhelming might surprise everyone next year, let's face it, can he really do any worse than Sanchez, 3 GOALS in 17 games averaging 1 in 6 for 500k per week?

Currently as much as it pains me to say this, purely based on our football style, pattern of play and overall squad ability, United are no longer considered a European Superpower by many of the continent's top players, the Sevilla defeat was more crushing than many fans realise.
Would any members of the Forum still rank United in Europe's Top 10?
I certainly wouldnt which is why certain players will not join us! (Tabloids have us linked with Allaba, Neymar, Kroos, Veratti, Umtiti, Bale, Bonucci, Tiago and Vidal)
Come the start of the season, I doubt any from the above list will be applying their trade at Old Trafford!

Current Top 10 European Clubs
Madrid
Barcelona
Napoli
Juventus
Athletico Madrid
PSG
City
Liverpool
Spurs
Roma

With United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Lazio, Monaco, Marseilles, Dortmund, Sevilla, Shalke, Vallencia being in the next group. We need 6 new players with 4 being a success just to break into 7th to 10th position and only a Neymar or a Ronaldo plus those 6 signings could truly elevate the club back to European Elite as a top 5 Club!
:lol:

Litch

Nobody knows how player would adapt, that's fair point. However, there is evidence for player's preference position, style of play... In this case, he is best as SS and play there all the time. So the concern is whether we shoehorn him else where or turn back to midfielder 2 again which hasn't work out well.

For us to have this guy at his best position and a working midfield 2 it would be a major surgery given how we see our players' tactical compatibility is. Good players can still be good players, but as a team it doesn't look like the players click: our current problem with players take turn blow hot &a cold despite their own abilities
I hear you and you are right about the current players and that's why I'm not factoring them in for that very reason. For me it's not shoehorning the new signings in, it's about getting the deadwood out who after years of having their chance here, we are still waiting on them.

Last edited:

Litch

I don't hence why its an educated guess. Here is my line of thought

A- We're currently linked with CMs and no 10s (Fred, Talisca and SMS)
B- We're not being linked with wingers and that despite Martial seem to be on the way out
C- Lingard is being played in a more central role + the last winger we actually bought feels more comfortable in a no 10 role then on the flanks (Sanchez)
D- Pogba is more comfortable in as a left sided CM in a 3 man CM.
You might be right but no one was linking us recently with Talisca either or Sanchez in Jan. Like I said, no one knows, not even Jose as he has no crystal ball either. Sure he has players he's identified but we know even if they are outside OT, a phone call can change everything. Personally I'm not thinking about how any signing compliments what's here cause in reality, most of what's here has proven not to be good enough. Sometimes individual signings don't make sense, it's the ones that then follow then do or when those that leave, it makes sense...

Ekeke

He’s more a mata replacement than a Fellaini one. He won’t slot into our 3 man midfield. Instead he’ll be placed on that right wing spot with freedom to come inside and playmake.
He played 1 game on the right. Every other game behind the striker this season.

When we use Fellaini we really want him in the box. He's not a good midfielder. The box part is what we'll need to replace. The CM part is easy, he's not even a starter

vanderpants

Can this day get any worse?

Shit performance followed up by signing a shit player.

He’s been linked with Wolves and Everton for a while and is currently playing in Turkey on loan from Benfica....sign him up.
What this chap says, will be the worst signing for a while, sums up the season really, disappointing season followed up by disappointing signings no doubt