Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What about Wan Bissaka then. Every man and his dog thinks he's a top top prospect last season but then United sign him and suddenly he's garbage. And even the United fans now think he's garbage!!!
I would have liked him tbh. He certainly has the potential based on last season to be the best fullback in the league, I don't even mind the prices that have been quoted. The biggest problem I see is does he have the mentality to step up because I do think playing for United comes with I very high level of pressure.

He's still just a kid with one season under his belt, if he has the mentally he will do well if not I fear it won't be long till he is compared to Shaw or Martial.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Flavour of the month, he doesn’t look much better to what Spurs already have, drifts in and out of games
Most young players drift in and out of games. Was one of the main criticisms aimed at Eriksen at 22, and now Alli at 23. Will probably take a year like Son did to settle in the league and adjust his game to the pace, I think he will be average to good for Spurs in the short term, a great investment going forward.

Assuming this means the end of the road for Wanyama or Dier, going to go with Wanyama as his injury problems have really restricted his game time and Dier is more flexible given he can also slot in at CB.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Most young players drift in and out of games. Was one of the main criticisms aimed at Eriksen at 22, and now Alli at 23. Will probably take a year like Son did to settle in the league and adjust his game to the pace, I think he will be average to good for Spurs in the short term, a great investment going forward.

Assuming this means the end of the road for Wanyama or Dier, going to go with Wanyama as his injury problems have really restricted his game time and Dier is more flexible given he can also slot in at CB.
I just wish Dier would realise what most other Spurs fans already know, he is a much better CB than DCM.

Moonwalker

Mourinho apparently indicated that he had no control over the transfers. So not sure if the manager holds the key.
He had no control over the negotiation process, the price and the contract perhaps, but he picked the targets.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mourinho apparently indicated that he had no control over the transfers. So not sure if the manager holds the key.
Bullshit, he only said that when he didn’t get his CB. He got every other target he went for. He even used his own scouting network agents!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He'll be fantastic for Tottenham, a genuine big player for them in an area of the pitch they really need. He and Winks will form a very good partnership imo.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He'll be fantastic for Tottenham, a genuine big player for them in an area of the pitch they really need. He and Winks will form a very good partnership imo.
That's my thoughts, Winks clearly lacks the physical presence to impose himself but with a player like Ndombele doing the *dirty work* Winks can do what he does best, going forward with his head up. We missed Dembelle massively after January last year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bullshit, he only said that when he didn’t get his CB. He got every other target he went for. He even used his own scouting network agents!
The man spent summers telling us that he only made the lists and gave them to the club, now people tell us that he didn't even make the lists. so all the players that he managed in the past and joined us weren't his choices, when we were linked to Dalot and Lindelof people were sure that it was a good idea because they were 'clearly' coming from his network and he knows defenders. He was drooling at the sight of Pogba when he was at Chelsea but apparently he wasn't his choice either.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That's my thoughts, Winks clearly lacks the physical presence to impose himself but with a player like Ndombele doing the *dirty work* Winks can do what he does best, going forward with his head up. We missed Dembelle massively after January last year.
It's frustrating as i've been banging on about this lad for a while. I followed him when he was in Ligue 2 with Amiens 3 seasons ago. He's very young for a French International as well and given the quality they have in their squad shows what ability he has. I actually think he's precisely what you need as well because he doesn't shy away in the big games. He's got the right mindset to push you up a level.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The man spent summers telling us that he only made the lists and gave them to the club, now people tell us that he didn't even make the lists. so all the player that he managed in the past and joined us weren't his choices, when we were linked to Dalot and Lindelof people were sure that it was a good idea because they were 'clearly' coming from his network and he knows defenders. He was drooling at the sight of Pogba when he was at Chelsea but apparently he wasn't his choice either.
Yeah, he’s the problem, then it’s not his fault it’s the mean old owners!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's frustrating as i've been banging on about this lad for a while. I followed him when he was in Ligue 2 with Amiens 3 seasons ago. He's very young for a French International as well and given the quality they have in their squad shows what ability he has. I actually think he's precisely what you need as well because he doesn't shy away in the big games. He's got the right mindset to push you up a level.
+1 I think he's a great signing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah I haven't quite followed him as long but his ability to win and carry and keep the ball is impressive, maybe not as good a passer as Dembelle but uses it faster and more directly. It's been said before but he is like Kante with a bit better technique we just have to see how he transitions to England. If it's anything like Kante we have a very, very good player.... if he does sign.

As always there is a gamble Chelsea have signed some CMS recently who I thought would be good but didn't adapt well.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I just wish Dier would realise what most other Spurs fans already know, he is a much better CB than DCM.
Surely that's for the manager to determine?!
Do you think this kid is being brought in because Eriksen is going? I know they are different players, but I get the impression that Winks will play in the Eriksen role moving forward with this kid sitting in the middle.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Do you think this kid is being brought in because Eriksen is going? I know they are different players, but I get the impression that Winks will play in the Eriksen role moving forward with this kid sitting in the middle.
Of course it is, but if your saying fans can't have an opinion... we may as stop posting. Eriksen doesn't play as a CM for us usually his strength is in the final third. So no Winks isn't a replacement, this season our CMs have been a combination of Wanyama, Dier, Dembelle, Winks and Skipp. I'd like to see moe of Skipp next season, hasn't done anything wrong so far.

RyRoc

Looking forward to seeing him in the Prem but will reserve judgement until I see him week in week out. Xhaka, Fred, Bakayoko, Keita and Jorginho are call Centre Midfielders that came to the top six Premier League teams with glowing reputations and were big money signings. IMO none have shown to be worth it so far (Yes I know that they all baring Xhaka probably need more time) but worth bearing in mind before people lose their shit over a player who we are yet to know his real quality in this division.

beingshe7don

Looking forward to seeing him in the Prem but will reserve judgement until I see him week in week out. Xhaka, Fred, Bakayoko, Keita and Jorginho are call Centre Midfielders that came to the top six Premier League teams with glowing reputations and were big money signings. IMO none have shown to be worth it so far (Yes I know that they all baring Xhaka probably need more time) but worth bearing in mind before people lose their shit over a player who we are yet to know his real quality in this division.
The difference is that Ndombele performed well against a Barca side. Keita has had some good games for Liverpool and is taking some time to adjust while the rest haven't done really well against the top top teams. Ndombele is a great buy by Spurs..... He'll be worth 100m in a couple years.... Ndombele will have a Fabinho sort of influence in my opinion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The difference is that Ndombele performed well against a Barca side. Keita has had some good games for Liverpool and is taking some time to adjust while the rest haven't done really well against the top top teams. Ndombele is a great buy by Spurs..... He'll be worth 100m in a couple years.... Ndombele will have a Fabinho sort of influence in my opinion.
Please most of the players the other poster mentioned can also point back to good games against a decent level of opposition. Bakayoko had a number of good games in Monaco's UCL run including scoring against City IIRC. Fred last season had very good UCL games against PSG and Barcelona

Hawks2008

Very good CDM in terms of being combative and energetic. I personally didn't want him much as I still want our CDMs to have abit more ability on the ball.

Would prefer Longstaff as a Carrick type who wouldn't play as an all out defensive player but someone who could play in a 4231/433 with a CM partner in there.

We've got the Keane/Scholes, Carrick/Scholes partnerships to refer to and for anyone saying Ndombele is as good as Keane on the ball I can agree to disagree.

Ndombele is a good dribbler but who wants that in defensive midfield?
I think he's still a solid passer and you could definitely have him and a DLP in a double pivot, although he isn't really a holder. On your last point, I'd argue that with lots of teams playing a pressing style now you need midfielders who can carry the ball through such pressure. Transitioning the ball from defence to midfield is a big problem for us, so strong dribbler like Ndombele would be a great addition.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One year? Not a cat's chance in hell we're hitting top four next season either.
Yeah. It’ll be impossible to finish above Chelsea, who have just sold by far their best player, are about to appoint a manager even less experienced than ours who has a transfer ban to contend with. Then there is Arsenal, who’s reported transfer kit totals less than what we are about to pay out for a fullback. Crazy.
Why on earth are you comparing us to those teams?
:lol: Classic internet argument.

1. State we won't finish top 4 next season,
2. Someone makes argument about how the 2 clubs who will be in top 4 race are not better than us giving few reasons
3. OP completely forgets the argument and asks why are we comparing Manutd with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Bestietom

With a.few more players coming in and some youngsters promoted I hope things work out for Ole. We should certainly be fitter which is half the batitle.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

2. Someone makes argument about how the 2 clubs who will be in top 4 race are not better than us giving few reasons
3. OP completely forgets the argument and asks why are we comparing Manutd with Chelsea and Arsenal.
I didn't forget

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really? He was so good during that 15/16 season when he played in the middle with Dembele.
You have answered your own question there, That was Probably Dembele’s best season for us. I like Dier as a player, gives his all but he isn’t mobile enough to play in midfield at a top level IMO.

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
You have answered your own question there, That was Probably Dembele’s best season for us. I like Dier as a player, gives his all but he isn’t mobile enough to play in midfield at a top level IMO.
I personally don't want Dier anywhere near our defence, awful positioning and loses his man time and time again

Hopefully he amd maybe Wanyama will be sold to raise funs for more incoming

We are well covered in DMF and Box to Box style players with this buy, Sissoko, Winks and the two good younsters Skipp and Amos

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

:lol: I reread the replies twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

ArjenIsM3

:lol:

Cliche Guevara

I might be wrong, but I got the impression he’s implying that he thinks Leicester, Wolves and Everton are better than us.

Which is probably even worse!

SATA

So apparently we aren't the only ones who seem to drag out our deals. Look at Spurs now for instance where there were reports two days ago of a bid accepted and Poch showing the player around the new stadium and training ground

Seven Seas Sardines

Of course it is, but if your saying fans can't have an opinion... we may as stop posting. Eriksen doesn't play as a CM for us usually his strength is in the final third. So no Winks isn't a replacement, this season our CMs have been a combination of Wanyama, Dier, Dembelle, Winks and Skipp. I'd like to see moe of Skipp next season, hasn't done anything wrong so far.
Son Kane Moura
Eriksen Ndombele
Winks​
That'd be pretty decent.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Opening worth of 45m and Aulas is ready to talk. Means this will be done around 55-60. Really can't afford to let him go that cheap. Even if he doesn't want to come, i hope we offer around 70m so that spurs also will be asked to pay that much :D

Cliche Guevara

So apparently we aren't the only ones who seem to drag out our deals. Look at Spurs now for instance where there were reports two days ago of a bid accepted and Poch showing the player around the new stadium and training ground
He’s French. He’s still finishing off the cheese.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Opening worth of 45m and Aulas is ready to talk. Means this will be done around 55-60. Really can't afford to let him go that cheap. Even if he doesn't want to come, i hope we offer around 70m so that spurs also will be asked to pay that much :D
If the players mind is made up I dont think it matters how much we offer. Its between Lyon and Spurs now to sort out a price.

If Ndombele isnt convinced on Spurs by all means bid away. I get the feeling though that window has passed. The player has agreed personal terms and has been sold on the Spurs project. Now the clubs have to sort out a price.

As for the player I think Spurs are a good choice. Winks and Wanyama are sick notes. Dier offers little going forward, his only competition is his French compatriot Sissoko. London club, CL football, progressive manager. Could easily sign a 5 year deal grow his game and see career wise where he is at 26. Much like Eriksen has done.

Bojan11

It doesn’t matter what the player thinks or agrees to. If Aulas doesn’t get what he wants then he won’t be sold. Levy has met the french version of himself.

Philosophobic

Formerly known as united4eva
Not sure why people are surprised we aren't in for him. I'd love a big body midfielder like Ndombele, but if you're a foreign player United maybe aren't not so appealing at the moment.

1. His international teammate Pogba looks like he would crawl over glass to get out, don't think they don't talk to each other about these things.
2. Last time we were out of the Champions League we were able to sign Pogba, Ibra, Micki, Baily. I wonder how much that had to do with the fact that the club had just signed Jose Mourinho and there was an air of optimism about a resurgance which has now clearly failed.

It seems Manchester United as much as we don't want to admit or accept is currently under a cloud of risk amidst all the chaos of the past seasons. We have an unproven manager who doesn't demand the attention of foreign players. I think we should get behind the model of signing attainable players, who would crawl over glass to play for the club (James, AWB, Longstaff) begin a rebuild which will hopefully see us rise up the table and then look to sign top talent when we are back in the CL next season. There were plenty of fans on here tripping over themselves to sign Bakayoko just 2 seasons ago, then Sanchez, and Fred last season, not every expensive signing works out. Every year there will be new "top talents" you can sign to improve the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.