Music Taylor Swift

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm not gonna argue with you guys. Ive seen/experienced what I've seen in DC and very few people are as saintly as they appear. Guess that makes me a pessimist or something else.

Wing Attack Plan R

Another album? I know her music is little more than tapping a few keywords into a song generator and pressing go but has anybody else released so much music in such a short timeframe? Seems like one every few months this last couple of years.
If anyone has released five albums in five years?
  • Please Please Me — 22 March 1963
  • With the Beatles — 22 November 1963
  • Introducing… The Beatles — 10 January 1964
  • Meet the Beatles! — 20 January 1964
  • The Beatles’ Second Album — 10 April 1964
  • A Hard Day’s Night — 10 July 1964
  • Something New — 20 July 1964
  • Beatles for Sale — 4 December 1964
  • Beatles ’65 — 15 December 1964
  • Beatles VI — 14 June 1965
  • Help! — 6 August 1965
  • Rubber Soul — 3 December 1965
  • Yesterday and Today — 20 June 1966
  • Revolver — 5 August 1966
  • Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band — 26 May 1967
  • Magical Mystery Tour — 27 November 1967
  • The Beatles (“The White Album”) — 22 November 1968
  • Yellow Submarine — 13 January 1969
  • Abbey Road — 26 September 1969
  • Let It Be — 8 May 1970

• Please Please Me — 22 March 1963
  • With the Beatles — 22 November 1963
  • Introducing… The Beatles — 10 January 1964
  • Meet the Beatles! — 20 January 1964
  • The Beatles’ Second Album — 10 April 1964
  • A Hard Day’s Night — 10 July 1964
  • Something New — 20 July 1964
  • Beatles for Sale — 4 December 1964
  • Beatles ’65 — 15 December 1964
  • Beatles VI — 14 June 1965
  • Help! — 6 August 1965
  • Rubber Soul — 3 December 1965
  • Yesterday and Today — 20 June 1966
  • Revolver — 5 August 1966
  • Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band — 26 May 1967
  • Magical Mystery Tour — 27 November 1967
  • The Beatles (“The White Album”) — 22 November 1968
  • Yellow Submarine — 13 January 1969
  • Abbey Road — 26 September 1969
  • Let It Be — 8 May 1970
Bonkers when you look at the quality of some of those albums and how close they were together.

lsd

The Oracle
Bonkers when you look at the quality of some of those albums and how close they were together.

Crazy but seemed to be the way those days i remember treating in 1967 the monkees sold more signs than the Beatles and stones put together.

When you look at what the Beatles released that year it's mind-blowing

NLunited

Apparently she has threatened with legal action just like Elmo did. Not a good look for the GOAT.
We shouldn‘t be tracking tbf, as a general rule unless a player is about to sign for us. People have a right to privacy and she is trying to dodge stalkers ffs.

How is Chris btw?

Mike Smalling

Elmo’s a cool guy but the GOAT?
I was referring to Tay Tay as the GOAT in the hope of winding up some old farts ;)

We shouldn‘t be tracking tbf, as a general rule unless a player is about to sign for us. People have a right to privacy and she is trying to dodge stalkers ffs.

How is Chris btw?
It's in bad taste when it's Taylor, but it was funny when it was Musk.

Who is this Chris you are talking about?

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
This is publicly available information though. And I believe the guy she threatened with a lawsuit already has implemented a 24 hour delay on the tracking posts to make it harder for stalkers to track her down, which I think is pretty fair. Most concerts or TV show appearances are announced in advance anyways, so it's not like stalkers had nothing to go by before. The only difference is that this also tracks unannounced holidays and trips, but with a 24 hour delay and her final destination not necessarily being close to the airport I don't think the additional risk is that high. Although I see no reason for why he couldn't implement an even longer delay than 24 hours.

Sweet Square

She is trying to hide the fact she is polluting more than a small nation state just to arrive 20 minutes early.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I was referring to Tay Tay as the GOAT in the hope of winding up some old farts ;)
Oh I know. And I have to say the notion that this particular artist makes music that goes over the head of old farts like me is hilarious. Her music is exactly the sort of middle of the road, vanilla pop music that might as well have been designed specifically to appeal to old farts. I reckon it’s on repeat at golf and country clubs all over the world as we type.

Mike Smalling

Oh I know. And I have to say the notion that this particular artist makes music that goes over the head of old farts like me is hilarious. Her music is exactly the sort of middle of the road, vanilla pop music that might as well have been designed specifically to appeal to old farts. I reckon it’s on repeat at golf and country clubs all over the world as we type.
I don't think her music could possible go over the head of anyone - it's cruising at an altitude of about 3 feet. To be honest, I barely even listen to it myself, except for the Folklore album a few times. I just find this thread really amusing, and I felt like I have to pick a side in this battle.

Boycott

Interesting phenomena how she was already really big a decade ago but now is on another planet. I'm not a fan in the sense I listen to her music by choice but it gets play on the radio and seems inoffensive in the same way I can listen to Ed Sheeran's songs on the radio without being a fan or being able to name his albums if that makes sense.

I'm guessing there's a lot of parasocial reasons why she keeps getting bigger whereas some of those contemporary female stars of the late 2000s, 2010s like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Rihanna haven't. Lots of teenagers who were her first fanbase have grown up but haven't grown out of her music whereas a new generation of teenagers are obsessed with her now. I don't think that's healthy with social media but it doesn't look like parents think she is a bad influence. Still none of these stars male or female will come close to the parasocial impact Michael Jackson had on millions of people had as he did it all in a bygone era before social media and the internet.

PSV

I'm guessing there's a lot of parasocial reasons why she keeps getting bigger whereas some of those contemporary female stars of the late 2000s, 2010s like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Rihanna haven't. Lots of teenagers who were her first fanbase have grown up but haven't grown out of her music whereas a new generation of teenagers are obsessed with her now. I don't think that's healthy with social media but it doesn't look like parents think she is a bad influence. Still none of these stars male or female will come close to the parasocial impact Michael Jackson had on millions of people had as he did it all in a bygone era before social media and the internet.
I think Rihanna would have been way bigger than Taylor is now if she hadn't stopped making music like a decade ago. She's a bit misplaced in that company.

Boycott

I think Rihanna would have been way bigger than Taylor is now if she hadn't stopped making music like a decade ago. She's a bit misplaced in that company.
Fair point. It would be interesting if she made a comeback would that propel her as you always get a bit of a artificial jump by people being curious.

CoopersDream

No she wouldn't. No one has ever been way bigger (as a musical act) than Taylor is right now and Rihanna most certainly wouldn't be (as she already wasn't as big as Taylor when she stopped making music).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Interesting phenomena how she was already really big a decade ago but now is on another planet.
That's what happens when you spend so much time airborne. At some point you're just gonna leave planet Earth.

In seriousness though, the whole jet thing is not cool. I dunno if she has any parallel activities that are aimed at offsetting that impact?
I just noticed your tagline. Awesome :D
:lol: Just seen it too, perfect.

Tyrion

This is publicly available information though. And I believe the guy she threatened with a lawsuit already has implemented a 24 hour delay on the tracking posts to make it harder for stalkers to track her down, which I think is pretty fair. Most concerts or TV show appearances are announced in advance anyways, so it's not like stalkers had nothing to go by before. The only difference is that this also tracks unannounced holidays and trips, but with a 24 hour delay and her final destination not necessarily being close to the airport I don't think the additional risk is that high. Although I see no reason for why he couldn't implement an even longer delay than 24 hours.
I thought that when I first saw it. I thought he could add a week or two delay to the threads. Seems she flies so much she's probably in a different country every week anyway. I saw a quote from a lawyer of hers that said they think there's a connection between the tweets and stalkers but that's impossible to prove and unlikely imo

She is trying to hide the fact she is polluting more than a small nation state just to arrive 20 minutes early.
It does seem like a billionaire trying to bully a random twitter account that makes her look a little bad.

GuyfromAustria

I'm guessing there's a lot of parasocial reasons why she keeps getting bigger whereas some of those contemporary female stars of the late 2000s, 2010s like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Rihanna haven't.
tbf at least I know about 2-5 songs of each of them (and none of Taylor's).
Why? No clue.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Tay played a part in me getting a girlfriend.

Music taste is a huge plus (one of many) and we sing along to Tay pretty much every time we're together. I have an Eras tour ticket and she doesn't though so I'm trying really hard not to rub it in her face or feel bad at the same time.

Also Getaway Car is my jam at the minute. She doesn't do bad songs so inevitably it'll be something else next week and I was definitely caught at the lights giving it the beans singing to Shake It Off making moves up as I go the other night.

I have a horrendous singing voice and once cleared a bar attempting to do a high pitched girls voice singing I Knew You Were Trouble on karaoke so I cannot wait to appear in so many people's videos ruining their experience of the gig.

Sweet Square

It does seem like a billionaire trying to bully a random twitter account that makes her look a little bad.
Yep. Her use of privates jets for tiny trips is insane. She clearly knows it’s bad pr for her and is trying to scare the person off.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I thought that when I first saw it. I thought he could add a week or two delay to the threads. Seems she flies so much she's probably in a different country every week anyway. I saw a quote from a lawyer of hers that said they think there's a connection between the tweets and stalkers but that's impossible to prove and unlikely imo

She's not the first, but it is possible to get flight details blocked, Trump's 757 is blocked and his plane is not the only one