Terry Racism Trial | Found Not Guilty | Trial starts Monday 9th July

Liam147

On Probation
If two white guys were talking and one called a black guy a coconut, and the other visibly agreed without using the word coconut are both white guys being racist? I would say so.

So Rio doing the same to an internet audience is no different. You mancs are so hypocritical its no wonder you love a player like Evra.
Rio isn't white. If I'm not mistaken his dad's black. Still, what he said was stupid, but it's still better than going up to Cole's face saying, "Yeah, yeah, feck off choc ice."

By the way, how retarded an insult does choc ice sound?
I'm going to cut your forum rights soon Dickstar.
I can't see why he's not been banned? It's like having our very own RAWK representative here. We laugh at that forum all the time, why bring it here?

Brophs

The One and Only
I can't see why he's not been banned? It's like having our very own RAWK representative here. We laugh at that forum all the time, why bring it here?
Don't worry about it, it has nothing to do with you.

EricaNo7

If two white guys were talking and one called a black guy a coconut, and the other visibly agreed without using the word coconut are both white guys being racist? I would say so.

So Rio doing the same to an internet audience is no different. You mancs are so hypocritical its no wonder you love a player like Evra.
Love a player like Evra ? Can you expand on this?

Neutral

BTV
Funny as it sounds - Terry coming out of this looking better than Liverpool and Suarez did.

Sure it took him forever, and who knows how sincere his apology is...the point is, he made one!

Liam147

On Probation
Will miss both games against us.
On the one hand, it's good, as we'll get to see the showcase that is David Luiz playing centre back. On the other, it's a shame he won't come up against Rio. The stick he'd have got would've been non-stop. Ah well.

Also, "Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life," is actually a pretty good apology. He isn't going back on himself, so he is still standing by his original defence, which in a way is good, but he has acknowledged that in any context it is wrong.

Of course it would've been better to come out in the ensuing hours of that game and make a proper apology, but still, better than what Evra got.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Chelsea's statement
Chelsea Football Club believes John Terry has made the correct decision by not appealing against the FA judgment relating to language he used at the QPR match last October.

Chelsea also appreciates, and supports, John's full apology for the language he used. The club firmly believes such language is not acceptable and fell below the standards expected of John as a Chelsea player.

The Board has conducted its own investigation into the matter, and considered the various issues involved. The Board has taken further disciplinary action in addition to the four-match suspension and £220,000 fine imposed by the FA. In accordance with our long-standing policy, that disciplinary action will remain confidential.

Chelsea enjoys support all over the world. We have players and supporters from many different countries and cultures and our club is committed to eradicating all forms of discriminatory behaviour. John is fully committed to continue supporting that ongoing work.

The FA suspension means John will be not be available to play in our games against Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United in the Premier League and League Cup, and Swansea.
Liverpool could learn something about it. Their statement was pathetic. Fair play to Chelsea.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Fair play to Chelsea, thats the way to handle things. I notice all these arrogant Chelsea fans on facebook have suddenly disappeared from my facebook feed though.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He is basically accepting using racist language, but hiding behind context. Should be man enough to apologise to the person who matters most, Anton Ferdinand. Ashley Cole remains a ****.

Respect to Chelsea.

Brophs

The One and Only
Their disciplinary action should be made public. The offence was a public one and there's a public interest in the outcome.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just out of interest: if this had been a United player, do you think he would've been stripped of the captaincy? Am I being hypocritical in thinking Chelsea should've done that to Terry?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Their disciplinary action should be made public. The offence was a public one and there's a public interest in the outcome.
Dream on, B. That statement was purely for public consumption.

Just out of interest: if this had been a United player, do you think he would've been stripped of the captaincy? Am I being hypocritical in thinking Chelsea should've done that to Terry?
If Terry was to be stripped of captaincy would that then not be acceptance of their captain being guilty of racism? At this moment in time they're just accepting words used by Terry were not appropriate and are still not accepting the charge of racism.

kietotheworld

This apology was as much as we were ever going to get, he can't apologise to Ferdinand for racially abusing him or he'll be opening himself up to a charge of perjury.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Indeed, fair play to Chelsea with how they've handled this (no doubt their lawyers and communication teams drafted both statements). Still have the feeling he got off pretty lightly but I'm not going to lose sleep over it, time to move on now.

Canuckred64

Surprised he apologized, it must be a first for Terry. I have to feel that Chelsea's disciplinary action should be made public, otherwise nobody is going to believe that there is any and the statement is only done to get the media off their backs.

kps88

Interesting that Di Matteo is refusing to confirm he will retain the captaincy.

Liam147

On Probation
Yep, you think this is all over, but there's still an awful to to develop from this. Won't be over for a long time.

Chelsea have two options, and they're in a catch-22; either strip him of the captaincy, implying guilt (although they'd probably word it differently, saying something like Terry's statement did, that regardless of the context, he should've known better), or to leave him as captain, refusing to accept any blame, making them look like Liverpool.

Tough one for Chelsea. Terry could of course take this out of their hands, and do the honourable thing (:lol:) and say that due to his inappropriate behaviour he feels it's best if he stepped down.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Fair play to Chelsea, thats the way to handle things. I notice all these arrogant Chelsea fans on facebook have suddenly disappeared from my facebook feed though.
It does look like the club have come down on him over this and maybe don't want to come out looking like Liverpool did over their handling of the Suarez case.

Then again it could be a nice little PR exercise though John Terry isn't as indispensable as he once was for them, I personally think clubs usually change their attitude depending on how important the player is for the club!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Confirmed that he'll remain club captain.

Fair play to Chelsea my arse.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well as I said earlier in this thread, it was known privately what he said because he told people. That most likely includes being honest to the Chelsea hierarchy (unlike Suarez) and this whole thing has been about damage limitation.

In fact, if it wasn't for the court case and merely went to the Fa to be delt with, he might have even been advised to hold his hands up, admit the truth (which was basically one stupid word in the heat of an argument) and taken a ban earlier. There was no way they were going to do that in a court of law though, no way he was going to take a legal verdict of guilty.

The Chelsea fans, as ever, still look like brainless idiots on the back of it all, so that's nice ;)