The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

being framed as a police/senator story... no. it's about the county fair and the livestock program.
senator consented to releasing the goat to another farm (not a sanctuary though, so probably slaughtered later?).
police didn't do this on their own either. they enforced the property rights of the fair where it was auctioned - doing their jobs (but with a lot more zeal than for other crimes).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ya always gotta remember that for Republicans, the cruelty ain’t the bug, it’s the feature.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

being framed as a police/senator story... no. it's about the county fair and the livestock program.
senator consented to releasing the goat to another farm (not a sanctuary though, so probably slaughtered later?).
police didn't do this on their own either. they enforced the property rights of the fair where it was auctioned - doing their jobs (but with a lot more zeal than for other crimes).
America doesn't even seem like a real place.

Carolina Red

Staff

Reminds me of how I learned of the circle of life. One of my great uncles had a cattle farm. When I was a little kid, he had a calf that I named Blue Jeans cause of its color pattern. I visited that cow for several years till one year we visited and I couldn’t find him… at supper I asked Uncle Rex where Blue Jeans was and he told me he was on my dinner plate :lol: :(

On the flip side… Blue Jeans did taste good.

Dr. StrangeHate

Seems everything has a justification now a days.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another insane video. The jeep was not there before the twister went through…

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How long do you think it will be before we hear about a student surviving a school shooting. Then growing up, becoming a teacher and experiencing another?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How long do you think it will be before we hear about a student surviving a school shooting. Then growing up, becoming a teacher and experiencing another?
There's already been two (or maybe just one) students from Sandy Hook who went to Michigan State where they experienced another.

It's simply a matter of time til we get to your scenario.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Feck me and we're setting up a US office in Florida soon and sending some of us over for medium term work. I am ducking out of that for sure!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

:nervous:
Tbf. If there’s one thing America could do with, it’s more lax gun laws. Can’t have all those God fearing, law abiding good guys not carry guns just cause of permits.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Can't be to far away from some republican trying to make it a law that hospitals have to give a gun to every newborn baby as a welcome to the world gift. They can all be nicely engraved with their names and date of birth.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can't be to far away from some republican trying to make it a law that hospitals have to give a gun to every newborn baby as a welcome to the world gift. They can all be nicely in graved with their names and date of birth.
And date of death

Carolina Red

Staff
Apparently shots fired on the Univ. of Oklahoma’s campus.

And 4 people were shot on the beach at Isle of Palms here in South Carolina today

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You know what? feck it, let’s go there.

American gun owners, let’s have a chat. I don’t give a flying feck what our country’s laws are, or what your states laws are, or how “responsible” you are. Let me ask you a question. If you were told you had a choice between dying or giving up your gun, would you do it? How about if it was not you but your child? What if it was not your child, but a nephew? What if it was not family but a friend? How about a strangers child? How about a stranger? How about me? My nephew? At what point on that scale would you stop giving a feck?

Guns exist for the sole purpose of killing. They are the leading cause of death in children in the US. My 8 year old nephew had a mother fecking active shooter drill today in his school. Totally normal, right gun owners? An acceptable price for him to pay so you can own a gun, right?

We are burying my adopted sisters brother this weekend. We are watching her husband die of cancer. Now, because of feckers like you her son is traumatized not just about his uncle dying, or his dad slowly dying in front of his eyes, but by the terror he might be killed in school.

This country is rotten. It is racist, it is bigoted, and it is obsessed with cruelty and death. It’s not a party thing, I know people in both sides with guns. All of them, and you, are complicit. Every. Single. One. I’d reference the recent shooting in Tennessee, or Parkland, or Sandy Hook, but you would not care. I’d show pictures of the decimated bodies of those children, but you would not care. I’d show you video of their grieving families, and you would not be moved.

I am done with all of you. You selfish devotion to your tools of death is a clear indication of your total absence of humanity. I truly hope you never experience the pain and loss of losing someone you live to gun violence, but just know that your choice has made it more likely someone else will.

Last edited:

FireballXL5

Excellent post above.

Allowing citizens to be armed to the teeth is NOT fecking normal.