The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

Jericholyte2

You know what? feck it, let’s go there.

American gun owners, let’s have a chat. I don’t give a flying feck what our country’s laws are, or what your states laws are, or how “responsible” you are. Let me ask you a question. If you were told you had a choice between dying or giving up your gun, would you do it? How about if it was not you but your child? What if it was not your child, but a nephew? What if it was not family but a friend? How about a strangers child? How about a stranger? How about me? My nephew? At what point on that scale would you stop giving a feck?

Guns exist for the sole purpose of killing. They are the leading cause of death in children in the US. My 8 year old nephew had a mother fecking active shooter drill today in his school. Totally normal, right gun owners? An acceptable price for him to pay so you can own a gun, right?

We are burying my adopted sisters brother this weekend. We are watching her husband die of cancer. Now, because of feckers like you her son is traumatized not just about his uncle dying, or his dad slowly dying in front of his eyes, but by the terror he might be killed in school.

This country is rotten. It is racist, it is bigoted, and it is obsessed with cruelty and death. It’s not a party thing, I know people in both sides with guns. All of them, and you, are complicit. Every. Single. One. I’d reference the recent shooting in Tennessee, or Parkland, or Sandy Hook, but you would not care. I’d show pictures of the decimated bodies of those children, but you would not care. I’d show you video of their grieving families, and you would not be moved.

I am done with all of you. You selfish devotion to your tools of death is a clear indication of your total absence of humanity. I truly hope you never experience the pain and loss of losing someone you live to gun violence, but just know that your choice has made it more likely someone else will.
Amen!

I’d also like to add this question (if you’d allow me).

When the first school shooting happened, WHY THE feck didn’t you match on your State Senate, your Representatives in Congress and the Senate and NOT feckING STOP until gun control was seriously enacted?

Why have you allowed your children to become victims to this epidemic of violence?

Why have you make ‘active shooter drills’ a norm in your child’s life?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Day must end in -y. 5 dead at this time...

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Peaked in high school type perhaps? If he's just been fired maybe it's the first real rejection he's faced. Not to make excuses for it of course.

“Let's be clear about what this was,” he said. “This was an evil act of targeted violence.”
Nothing gets me more wound up about these things than this. If America might forget about 'good versus evil' and the made up, fantasy that it is and realise that these are every day people and it's a mental health issue rather than a 'not enough God' issue then something might change but it won't because good ol' God has a hold so strong on the country it's going to eat itself alive.

Sara125

Peaked in high school type perhaps? If he's just been fired maybe it's the first real rejection he's faced. Not to make excuses for it of course.
I had a gander at his LinkedIn yesterday (before his account was removed) and he seemed to have academically and professionally flourished (like you said, this is in no way excusing him).

Anyway, I just wish these cowards would just off themselves and themselves only.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I had a gander at his LinkedIn yesterday (before his account was removed) and he seemed to have academically and professionally flourished (like you said, this is in no way excusing him).

Anyway, I just wish these cowards would just off themselves and themselves only.
He did seem to be a high achiever in both high school & multiple university levels. Makes it all the more confusing & infuriating.

RedTiger

Half mast
Who the feck cares who he was? All that needs to be said is he’s a murdering scumbag! Are we meant to feel sorry for him or something? It’s crazy the difference in the narratives between white and minority shooters.
That's because white people always have an underlying issue if they start killing people, darkies like me are different because the violence is obviously in our genetic makeup /s

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's because white people always have an underlying issue if they start killing people, darkies like me are different because the violence is obviously in our genetic makeup /s
Yep, just like hearing a 14 y/o black person alleged of a crime as a ‘young man,’ but a white person of the same age & circumstance would be called a ‘child.’

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So I buried another family member this week. Another innocent person victimized by guns. I have officially run out of fingers and have moved on to toes to count family or friends slaughtered or directly traumatized by guns.

I am done. I have campaigned. I have marched. I have donated. Nothing changes. I am done. My heart is broken and my soul crushed.

Gun owners. Congratulations. You took a beautiful soul from this world. A father of two wonderful little girls who will grow up without a father. This world makes no sense. I hate all of you. Every. Single. One. Of. You. I wish you nothing but pain and misery. feck you all. I’m done.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So I buried another family member this week. Another innocent person victimized by guns. I have officially run out of fingers and have moved on to toes to count family or friends slaughtered or directly traumatized by guns.

I am done. I have campaigned. I have marched. I have donated. Nothing changes. I am done. My heart is broken and my soul crushed.

Gun owners. Congratulations. You took a beautiful soul from this world. A father of two wonderful little girls who will grow up without a father. This world makes no sense. I hate all of you. Every. Single. One. Of. You. I wish you nothing but pain and misery. feck you all. I’m done.
feck mate. So sorry. How a person can bury so much people for a single reason in different events? It is proof that gun culture is crazy. It is too late for who you lost, but it will change, it has to

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I’m so sorry mate.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

No words.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

:(

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Fecking hell. That's just brutal. Sorry mate, my deepest condolences.

And even though i am in no way directly affected by this it is still infurating to see innocent people getting gunned down en masse, and then you have these cnut politicians who just repeat the same worn out shite over and over again and propose the same asinine soloutions over and over.

I realize that the 2nd amendment has too much popular support, so an outright gun ban is completely unrealistic, but why in the flying feck can people still defend no background checks and anoyone buying military grade weapons over the counter.

Gun fanatics will drum on about the "shall not be infringed" part like its fecking gospel, but completely ignore the "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd amendment. Also, by now the whole concept of the amendment is completely outdated. In the 18th century the army was farmers with muskets, so the populace who was also farmers with muskets could keep them in check if they went to the side of tyrany. Now though? If the US government really wanted to violently supress their own people some cosplay commando with 30 guns and an equal BMI isn't going to do shite vs modern military forces

And yes, i realize guns isn't the only problem. Guns are just the tools and life has to take a lot of wrong turns if you end up murdering a fellow human, but the same people that are prepared to sacrifice an endless amount of lives on the altar of guns are also vehemently opposed to any real soloutions that might improve peoples lives and prevent them from becoming mass murderers

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak

I'm so sorry mate. That is so shit.

What I don't understand is how something can be an amendment an still be a a god given right. Surely if it was god given it wouldn't have been omitted in the first place.

Have all of the other amendments remained the same or have other amendments been amended?

Sara125

My deepest condolences. You should be proud of the fight that you have fought so far. In a world where nutcases fight tooth and nail to convince the world that guns aren’t the problem, you have stood your ground.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
My deepest condolences. You should be proud of the fight that you have fought so far. In a world where nutcases fight tooth and nail to convince the world that guns aren’t the problem, you have stood your ground.
I agree here, @WI_Red . Most countries are fecked as we know but it's people like yourself that count. You need to keep protesting, raising it in political domains and just importantly voting correctly. If it starts to feel like pushing a boulder up a hill, just think of Greta Thunberg and how she must have felt. And of course teach your kids, your relatives' kids and your neighbours' kids. They're the future.

Gums

I should show compassion and offer heartfelt sympathy, but the instantly overwhelming feelings I have when I read about your senseless losses are just anger and hate for the people who just refuse to make a simple choice. Just sickening.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm so sorry mate. That is so shit.

What I don't understand is how something can be an amendment an still be a a god given right. Surely if it was god given it wouldn't have been omitted in the first place.

Have all of the other amendments remained the same or have other amendments been amended?
Forget which one it is but the one that banned booze was amended

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Thank you all for the kind words, but they are not what I want.

What I want is for my high school teammate who was gunned down in a random drive by to have made it to 18.

What I want is for my high school friend who blew off his head when depressed and high to have made it to his first day of college.

What I want is for my college friend to have made it to 20 instead of ending her own life.

What I want is for my wife’s cousins who were held hostage by a lunatic with an AR-15 to have made it past adolescence free of lifelong trauma.

What I want is to not have more, and a seemingly ever-growing number of, items to add to this list of wishes….

I am angry and I lashed out in my post last night. I do not wish pain and suffering on anyone, nor do I hate them. For those words I apologize. That is not who I am. Instead, I am begging you to listen. We have tried it your way. We have tried stricter gun laws and loser gun laws, but the only thing that has changed is that things are getting worse. I get it, you have the right to own your gun, I will not lie and say you don’t, but you do not have an obligation to own them. You have a choice, and I am begging you to choose a path that will end this nightmare.

owlo

@calodo2003 See what I meant about the cop thing before? :( It's a horrible no win situation for them. Thankfully the training officer was a military vet and it didn't end too horribly, but still the potential is there. I think at a minimum they need to start arming them with flashbangs in each vehicle, despite the fact it's an absolutely terrible idea. Mainly need to get the guns and ammo off the street. Probably the ammo as a priority.

I still don't understand the mass shooter mentally. It seems to be like attention seeking through murder. How fecked up is the US for that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
@calodo2003 See what I meant about the cop thing before? :( It's a horrible no win situation for them. Thankfully the training officer was a military vet and it didn't end too horribly, but still the potential is there. I think at a minimum they need to start arming them with flashbangs in each vehicle, despite the fact it's an absolutely terrible idea. Mainly need to get the guns and ammo off the street. Probably the ammo as a priority.

I still don't understand the mass shooter mentally. It seems to be like attention seeking through murder. How fecked up is the US for that.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some already had some in their squad cars.

I totally get what you are saying & I hope you realize that I am only discussing the diametric changes in training that has taken place in this country since 1999 re: how to deal with an active shooter. It pains me that such a tactic used in Louisville ended up with a cop on his fourth fecking shift ever probably being in a vegetative state for the his life. But the sense of urgency is paramount with an active shooter. It’s after that, in a hostage or standoff situation, where honed skill sets found in elite divisions of policing coupled with heavier & more varied weaponry then come into play.

You are spot on about the ammo. Tax the fecking shit out of it. Make one round the price of a pack of cigarettes & justify it by stating that a round is that much more deadly than one pack of lung darts.

owlo

Wouldn’t be surprised if some already had some in their squad cars.

I totally get what you are saying & I hope you realize that I am only discussing the diametric changes in training that has taken place in this country since 1999 re: how to deal with an active shooter. It pains me that such a tactic used in Louisville ended up with a cop on his fourth fecking shift ever probably being in a vegetative state for the his life. But the sense of urgency is paramount with an active shooter. It’s after that, in a hostage or standoff situation, where honed skill sets found in elite divisions of policing coupled with heavier & more varied weaponry then come into play.

You are spot on about the ammo. Tax the fecking shit out of it. Make one round the price of a pack of cigarettes & justify it by stating that a round is that much more deadly than one pack of lung darts.
Yeah I totally get it. They have no option. I just feel so bad for them because it's rolling the dice every time. Surely has to stop somewhere. Giving cops heavier weapons and making them more elite won't work, because when working at speed there's fundamentally there's a difference between policing [saving lives by shooting the bad guy] and military tactics. [kill everything and justify it later] I don't even know anything about policing; it's just so painful watching it time after time. Policing shouldn't ever be about running in like rambo taking out a target intent on killing indiscriminately. Ask a bunch of marines to run into banks with civs running wild, zero intel, and active shooters and they'll tell you to feck off because its not WWI any more and they don't work for Wagner PMC. I don't even have an answer or point or anything; I just watch it and it feels incredibly painful. There's some cultural short circuit or something over there making psychos think this is okay? Perhaps it's the central and south American culture import because it just doesn't happen in the rest of the world.

Israel have a strict 50 round ammo limit on personal firearms. (even if you have multiple) - This applies to all weapons, including those and to those that the police request carry weapons at all times. Surely something this simple would massively help? There's never a need for more than 50 rounds. Or well, I don't see one? And it's not unconstitutional surely, they have the right to bear arms. The constitution mentions nothing about ammo, so the textualists/right wing justices can stick it up their asses?