The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah I totally get it. They have no option. I just feel so bad for them because it's rolling the dice every time. Surely has to stop somewhere. Giving cops heavier weapons and making them more elite won't work, because when working at speed there's fundamentally there's a difference between policing [saving lives by shooting the bad guy] and military tactics. [kill everything and justify it later] I don't even know anything about policing; it's just so painful watching it time after time. Policing shouldn't ever be about running in like rambo taking out a target intent on killing indiscriminately. Ask a bunch of marines to run into banks with civs running wild, zero intel, and active shooters and they'll tell you to feck off because its not WWI any more and they don't work for Wagner PMC. I don't even have an answer or point or anything; I just watch it and it feels incredibly painful. There's some cultural short circuit or something over there making psychos think this is okay? Perhaps it's the central and south American culture import because it just doesn't happen in the rest of the world.

Israel have a strict 50 round ammo limit on personal firearms. (even if you have multiple) - This applies to all weapons, including those and to those that the police request carry weapons at all times. Surely something this simple would massively help? There's never a need for more than 50 rounds. Or well, I don't see one? And it's not unconstitutional surely, they have the right to bear arms. The constitution mentions nothing about ammo, so the textualists/right wing justices can stick it up their asses?
One would think so. I envision we would see a western state (CA, WA, OR, CO) first try to tax the ammo, remember reading something about such a while back. I’ll search for it later. Those states, while being quite rural themselves, would be the easiest for such a referendum to pass due to political makeup.

But that just means buyers will go to other states to bring ammo back.

Until there is a federal law that truly goes towards mitigating the crisis, it’s never going to get better.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is fecking insane. 22.5 inches of rain in seven hours. Massive flooding. Never heard of such a thing before…

Last edited:

Dr. StrangeHate

Wouldn’t be surprised if some already had some in their squad cars.

I totally get what you are saying & I hope you realize that I am only discussing the diametric changes in training that has taken place in this country since 1999 re: how to deal with an active shooter. It pains me that such a tactic used in Louisville ended up with a cop on his fourth fecking shift ever probably being in a vegetative state for the his life. But the sense of urgency is paramount with an active shooter. It’s after that, in a hostage or standoff situation, where honed skill sets found in elite divisions of policing coupled with heavier & more varied weaponry then come into play.

You are spot on about the ammo. Tax the fecking shit out of it. Make one round the price of a pack of cigarettes & justify it by stating that a round is that much more deadly than one pack of lung darts.
Are you saying a bullet is cheaper than a pack of cigarettes?

owlo

Discord tonight, some 25-30 lad going on about his new assault rifle, like its a trophy. Posting vids etc on how cool it is. Has about 15 guns now. Going on about his new 'Aug' days after another mass shooting, makes me want to scream and vomit simultaneously. Had it out with him before, standard GOP bollocks.

I really don't get the American culture for it. Yes, guns are useful tools, yes there are some cool ones (I'm particularly proud of my Lantaka hand cannon), but my god, it's insane over there.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Discord tonight, some 25-30 lad going on about his new assault rifle, like its a trophy. Posting vids etc on how cool it is. Has about 15 guns now. Going on about his new 'Aug' days after another mass shooting, makes me want to scream and vomit simultaneously. Had it out with him before, standard GOP bollocks.

I really don't get the American culture for it. Yes, guns are useful tools, yes there are some cool ones (I'm particularly proud of my Lantaka hand cannon), but my god, it's insane over there.
I’d say just start posting pictures of what an assault rifle does to kids , but that would likely get him off.

It’s all fun and games until you are a guest, or the guest of honor, at a funeral. Then it gets real. If he doesn’t think so then tell him I’d happily swap my dead family for his.

owlo

I’d say just start posting pictures of what an assault rifle does to kids , but that would likely get him off.

It’s all fun and games until you are a guest, or the guest of honor, at a funeral. Then it gets real. If he doesn’t think so then tell him I’d happily swap my dead family for his.
I've given up talking. Last time I got a big complaint about how I was in the military so should understand guns better blablabla and they are cool and have nice bullpups and he needs to defend himself??? I'd wager this culture is as dangerous as the actual guns themselves.

They don't see the kids as a product of 'their' ownership of assault rifles. It's always somebody elses fault.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I've given up talking. Last time I got a big complaint about how I was in the military so should understand guns better blablabla and they are cool and have nice bullpups and he needs to defend himself??? I'd wager this culture is as dangerous as the actual guns themselves.

They don't see the kids as a product of 'their' ownership of assault rifles. It's always somebody elses fault.
My own life experiences have made me rather million this topic, so that may be the cause, but I have found most gun owners to be cowards. The gun gives them a sense of false security. Take it away and they go fetal.

owlo

My own life experiences have made me rather million this topic, so that may be the cause, but I have found most gun owners to be cowards. The gun gives them a sense of false security. Take it away and they go fetal.
I've not been to the US outside Ca/NY for a long long while, so haven't really encountered many in real life. In Israel though for example, it's just an annoying thing you have to carry around when the police ask you to because life is what it is. But you definitely feel far more intimidated in the US when you see a gun, than in other places. I think it's only in the US [and the Americas in general maybe?] where gun owners use it like that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I don’t think that’s Dadeville, I’m 90% sure it’s Mobile.

More people joining the “Related to a gun violence victim” club. We’re not very exclusive here in the states, pretty much everyone will be a member soon.

edit: comments on the video seem to agree it’s not Dadeville.

Jericholyte2

One of the alleged shoplifters sprayed mace at the employee, that’s what they will focus on.
Then he reportedly shot her 8 times.

Now, she’s got a premature baby (she was 7 months pregnant) and is going to go bankrupt several times over for the sake of medical expenses.

Way to go ‘murica!

Drainy

The majority of self defense claims are bullshit, in fairness.

As far as I know, only Texas has a defence of property affirmative defence, and that is personal property from the home, otherwise it's defence of self or others to a standard (generally) of reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The majority of self defense claims are bullshit, in fairness.

As far as I know, only Texas has a defence of property affirmative defence, and that is personal property from the home, otherwise it's defence of self or others to a standard (generally) of reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury
Too bad the employee doesn’t live in Texas, they could have received a pardon from the governor if they are found guilty.

They’d have to be the right color though.

mu4c_20le

Pretty fecked up. The GoFundMe was put up 6 hours ago and raised 200k already, so there's some hope for humanity. Just not for the cnut.

owlo

@WI_Red Following this latest shootings, I actually brought it up with the guy. This was the replies:

Me: This is what guns do
Him: Lel r*tarded take

Me: WP did an article on what the AR15 does
Him: lel, R* statement. The AR-15 can fire one of (roughly) 100 different projectiles

Me: if he didnt have a gun, kid wouldnt have been shot
Him: sucks to suck

Him: Before you even ask me how many kids have to die before I'd give up my guns, literally all of them, and even then no. Lel.

Him: Anyway, sucks to suck. The man did something illegal. This has nothing to do with my guns.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@WI_Red Following this latest shootings, I actually brought it up with the guy. This was the replies:

Me: This is what guns do
Him: Lel r*tarded take

Me: WP did an article on what the AR15 does
Him: lel, R* statement. The AR-15 can fire one of (roughly) 100 different projectiles

Me: if he didnt have a gun, kid wouldnt have been shot
Him: sucks to suck

Him: Before you even ask me how many kids have to die before I'd give up my guns, literally all of them, and even then no. Lel.

Him: Anyway, sucks to suck. The man did something illegal. This has nothing to do with my guns.
What does Lel mean?

also, guaranteed he would shit his pants the first time he was in a fight or flight moment.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Self defense from an unarmed child. He saw an opportunity and took it.
Apparently the dude wasn't even arrested. what the hell.
He is still a free man but hopefully not for long. I can't for the life of me understand why these scums think they're superior. They're just hateful nasty creatures who's actions are fueled by the poison in them.