The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
What point and society you habe to live in where you think that is completely normal to go answer a buzzer in your home with a gun

And that society provides with the easy access toa gun to do it andd let you go free after you shot a kid

Just i cant picture this outside a movie or this thread

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Another mass shooting on the news this morning. Sigh….
Honestly, there's more mass shootings per week in America then I have shits*.

* Yeah I know it's unhealthy I don't have as many shits as mass shootings. I will ask my doctor about this eventually.

mu4c_20le

CNN)[Breaking news update, published at 6 p.m. ET]

The man who shot and wounded 16-year-old Ralph Yarl, a Black teen, after the teen went to the wrong home to pick up his siblings will face two felony charges, Clay County attorney Zachary Thompson announced early Monday evening.

The man will face charges of assault in the first degree and armed criminal action.

Game on

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
If stand your ground laws protect you from shooting a 16 year-old for simply ringing your doorbell, then somehow America has managed to amaze me - I thought I was numb to all gun related American BS but this would be a “new” new low.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If stand your ground laws protect you from shooting a 16 year-old for simply ringing your doorbell, then somehow America has managed to amaze me - I thought I was numb to all gun related American BS but this would be a “new” new low.
We can hope they'll have difficulty proving they were under attack from someone ringing their doorbell and be unable to use stand your ground laws as a shield.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What does Lel mean?

also, guaranteed he would shit his pants the first time he was in a fight or flight moment.
I believe it means laughing extra loud. When using lol when a kid getting shot just isn't enough. Or possibly too stupid to spell lol?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Pretty sure lel is just a funny way of saying lol. Same with lul, lulz, etc. In this case it's probably just to replace lol, which is banned on the Caf (if you don't use the workaround).

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Easily the most depressing thread on the caf and that's including the Israel Palestine stuff, the Iran thread and all the horsechoker threads.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is it that people are so afraid of strangers at their door, that they think killing them is a measured response or this is about freedom?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is it that people are so afraid of strangers at their door, that they think killing them is a measured response or this is about freedom?
For many, it's a gratification that approaches sexual is my thought. They get to cosplay.

Dementia probably played more a part in this case.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
For many, it's a gratification that approaches sexual is my thought. They get to cosplay.

Dementia probably played more a part in this case.
And racism, this smacks of "there's a black dude at my door, he must be attacking me"

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What's worse is that the young man got up after being shot in the head, ran to multiple houses begging for help, & the one that finally does orders him to the ground with his hands extended out.

rpitchfo

Poverty and prevalence of guns are the root causes of this incident.

racism and violence outcomes of the above.

dementia doesn’t kill people guns do.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
And another, but her killer was charged. I wonder white that is?

Both cases are shocking, but I doubt the man in this case even knew who he was shooting at. It was dark, the car was in the process of moving off his driveway when he shot at it. Absolutely crazy, both cases.

The fact that the young lad survived the doorstep shooting is a miracle - and he's out of hospital now, too.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Also not drag queens. Will both probably get positions in tiny Ron's cabinet.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
My little brother once got a Mickey Mouse watch from the neighbours after having broke a pane in their greenhouse with a football going over the hedge. Imagine if you had to fear for your life because your ball went into someone's garden. Heck, where I play football there's a couple of houses close enough that a ball will occasionally find its way to their garden.

Dr. StrangeHate

Is there a stupidity virus circulating at the moment or are we just hearing about things more?
I am guessing we are just hearing about it more but if that is the case then it is really damning of the media as it highlights the problem even more by making it an everyday thing. These stories I strangely find more horrifying than the mass shootings as these are things (drive in someone else's driveway to reverse, ring the wrong doorbell, go towards the wrong car, get balls from other people yards, etc.) I have done throughout my life and are so mundane.