Film The Batman

RedDevilRoshi

Tickets booked for Monday afternoon. Looking forward to it and pretty much going into it with an open mind and not too many high expectations. I’ve not really read many of the reviews nor even watched the trailers (bar the first one).

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've not seen it yet but I'm looking forward to the bit where he has loads of fights only to get into a fight that he doubts he can win before winning said fight.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've not seen it yet but I'm looking forward to the bit where he has loads of fights only to get into a fight that he doubts he can win before winning said fight.
I know you're being facetious but I'm genuinely excited for this movie if the trailers are to be believed. A Batman movie where the focal point is Batman being a detective and the fights are just an added bonus?! My inner geek is wanking himself silly*

*Also wanking it to the 9/10 Catwoman. You're right @Sky1981, the 10/10 really is held for our partners.

......woman has had four kids and you could still bounce a pound coin off of that arse. Jaysus.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve got my ticket booked for 11AM tomorrow. I’m a huge Batman fan and cannot wait!

Sylar

Had it booked for tomorrow evening for some time. Can't wait

diarm

I know you're being facetious but I'm genuinely excited for this movie if the trailers are to be believed. A Batman movie where the focal point is Batman being a detective and the fights are just an added bonus?! My inner geek is wanking himself silly*

*Also wanking it to the 9/10 Catwoman. You're right @Sky1981, the 10/10 really is held for our partners.

......woman has had four kids and you could still bounce a pound coin off of that arse. Jaysus.
I had to go and check there if Zoe Kravitz was after having 4 kids.

reelworld

If you wanted this, this is the movie.
I love it. I thought this is the best Batman portrayal since Nolan movies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I had to go and check there if Zoe Kravitz was after having 4 kids.
Fortunately for me I'm talking about the absolute goddess that is my missus.

...waiting for her to figure out that she can do better one of these days :nervous:

If you wanted this, this is the movie.
I love it. I thought this is the best Batman portrayal since Nolan movies.
Yay!

SATA

Apparently loads of talking and dialogue in the film so don’t be too disappointed if you don’t see much action like in the Dark Knight trilogy

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

Well there were early reports that it was the closest Batman has come to a horror film. That sounded bold but, honestly, I'm now expecting more of the same. Don't get me wrong, I thought Nolan's series was mostly great, so I will see this eventually. Just not expecting anything radical.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
One main positive for me was the soundtrack. It was so good.

Apparently loads of talking and dialogue in the film so don’t be too disappointed if you don’t see much action like in the Dark Knight trilogy
There's plenty of action scenes. Though just different to the trilogy dynamics, without saying too much.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Batman is a fecking detective first, and the comics have become progressively darker over the last 3 decades so I'm happy the penny dropped for someone in the filmmaking business.

This is not about a superhero it's about a borderline psychopath.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Watched it today. Good movie. It’s different to Nolan’s version in that this was more detective like. Slightly draggy at times though and it’s mostly very dark. Not sure about some of the casting though. I enjoyed it - a solid 8/10 Batman movie which for me was so much better than some of the recent ones. I still enjoyed the Nolan ones more:

Interval

Level
7/10

first half is the best I’ve seen in a while in any movie period. Second half was good until the Riddler interrogation.

And then it fell apart. Last 20 mins were dumb as feck and a complete joke. Random dudes shooting. Batman shot but not. Batman cuts cord to die but not. People drown but not. Mayor shot but not. A painfully elongated last drive off scene. Why the feck do they need joker in there?everything in that last 20 was annoying

side note. Penguin. Riddler. Batman. Falcone. Outstanding fecking performances. Farrell was god like

Bebe

7/10

first half is the best I’ve seen in a while in any movie period. Second half was good until the Riddler interrogation.

And then it fell apart. Last 20 mins were dumb as feck and a complete joke. Random dudes shooting. Batman shot but not. Batman cuts cord to die but not. People drown but not. Mayor shot but not. A painfully elongated last drive off scene. Why the feck do they need joker in there?everything in that last 20 was annoying

side note. Penguin. Riddler. Batman. Falcone. Outstanding fecking performances. Farrell was god like
I agree with almost every point.

AaronRedDevil

I thought it was brilliant. But I'm not sure I'd watch it again. Really good for a one off. It's definitely different then the other batman type movies. It's like a detective Thriller movie. Riddler was creepy as hell and Penguin was great too. Still can't believe or even see that it's Colin Farrell. It's just something Missing for it and it's a bit too "broody" and miserable. I do hope there's going to be a second batman movie. It was nice seeing Batman actually be a detective in this.

wasn't expecting a flood. That was awesome. Also anyone think that's Joker from the Gotham TV show? He'd a fantastic job as him if he ever came back for the role.

Last edited:

Sylar

7/10

I get what ya mean, with regards to the last 20. It didn't ruin the movie for me but it didn't well a little out of place especially with the oh shit... Oh never mind a second later :lol:

It was visually really good
A really good story

I thought it was brilliant. But I'm not sure I'd watch it again. Really good for a one off. It's definitely different then the other batman type movies. It's like a detective Thriller movie. Riddler was creepy as hell and Penguin was great too. Still can't believe or even see that it's Colin Farrell. It's just something Missing for it and it's a bit too "broody" and miserable. I do hope there's going to be a second batman movie. It was nice seeing Batman actually be a detective in this.

wasn't expecting a flood. That was awesome. Also anyone think that's Joker from the Gotham TV show? He'd a fantastic job as him if he ever came back for the role.
Was shocked about Farrell too.

The joker from Gotham Is awesome
But I think it's been confirmed who the joker would be in any possible sequel

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

It's Barry Keoghan, Druig from Eternals.

AaronRedDevil

I get what ya mean, with regards to the last 20. It didn't ruin the movie for me but it didn't well a little out of place especially with the oh shit... Oh never mind a second later :lol:

It was visually really good
A really good story

Was shocked about Farrell too.

The joker from Gotham Is awesome
But I think it's been confirmed who the joker would be in any possible sequel
There's a planned trilogy with this batman so that's exciting.

. Apparently the Joker is by Barry Keoghan. He was in the Eternals.

Sylar

There's a planned trilogy with this batman so that's exciting.

. Apparently the Joker is by Barry Keoghan. He was in the Eternals.
Yaah, kinda read about it before hand accidentally and then forgot about it

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Barry Keoghan is great at playing a creepy fecker. Just watch Yorgos Lanthimo's The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

GBBQ

it was a really good film for 90% but then the finale felt tacked on. Almost like Warners demanded a set piece where it made absolutely clear that Batman is actually a hero. Makes no sense to the rest of the story and felt much better as small stakes of a vigilante going up against a serial killer.

A gripping movie that borrowed heavily from Zodiac, Seven, any amount of gangster movies and even some set pieces from Nolan’s trilogy. But it was great fun.

Also great to see Joker and Penguin being played by Dubs.

dinostar77

Just got out of the cinema, really liked it. Last 20mins were unnecessary, but by far the darkest portrayal of batman on screen. Loved the fact that finally we see a detective batman movie onscreen.

The Imposter comic (amazing btw) has many parellels wih this batman. Three parter below.

Sylar

Btw how great is the Batman theme everytime he comes on screen?

It's haunting and brilliant.

I'm trying to think if Batman has ever had a bad theme? Whether it's movies or animations
But this one was just superb and I can't get it out my head now

dinostar77

Btw how great is the Batman theme everytime he comes on screen?

It's haunting and brilliant.

I'm trying to think if Batman has ever had a bad theme? Whether it's movies or animations
But this one was just superb and I can't get it out my head now
Yeh i loved the theme.

i also loved his introduction, it was reminiscent of alien, where you dont want to go into the darkness as something scary is in there.

Apparently there is a scene which the director cut, which will probably make it to blu ray release. Now i know what it is, i am kinda disappointed it wasnt in the movie.

Amarsdd

It was good but I think I'll need to watch it one more time to make up my mind properly. The constant intensity of movie, also with the way its shot, made it difficult for me to catch everything in the theater. Also watching a 10pm show after a tiring work day didn't help.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Does anyone feel like the riddles riddles were not very good? Like super basic
The script was easily the worst thing about this film. Which is a shame because all the actors brought their A game. In theory, a Batman film based more on the detective side of things is awesome. But when the “mystery” is generic and a little nonsensical it just doesn’t go anywhere. There isn’t anything very unique about any of the characters motivations. Just your typical incel gone haywire.

The real problem is that after a really strong first half, the third act was brutal. The film really needed to shave off 40 minutes or so. All the best highlights were given away in the trailer. The batmobile chase was awesome, but moments like that were hardly there.

I like the idea of how they handled this film, but the actual execution (the script mostly) was really lacking. This was probably the best depiction of how Batman is but it’s a shame it was in such a hollow film.

I’d give it a 7/10 personally. Not bad, but I can totally understand why some people will wait for it to hit streaming services.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Well there were early reports that it was the closest Batman has come to a horror film. That sounded bold but, honestly, I'm now expecting more of the same. Don't get me wrong, I thought Nolan's series was mostly great, so I will see this eventually. Just not expecting anything radical.
I thought the dark had a lot more jarring and “grotesque” moments than this film. The comparisons to Se7en are very over the top

dinostar77

Its more of a batman detective movie with some vibes of se7en. Its long overdue on the big screen. I really liked the story and writing. Though as others have mentioned, the last 20mins felt like the studio demanded it be tacked on.

Patterson is suprising good as Batman and could end up being the best of the lot. Depends on the other two movies in the trilogy.

This is a batman in his early years, somewhere 1-3 years into the job of batman. Thats what i liked. Hes not the veteran, been there, seen it all have loads of gadgets batman.

Also there was a hint or two as waster eggs as to the next villian in the movies and its not
joker or pengiun.

Andy_Cole

Its more of a batman detective movie with some vibes of se7en. Its long overdue on the big screen. I really liked the story and writing. Though as others have mentioned, the last 20mins felt like the studio demanded it be tacked on.

Patterson is suprising good as Batman and could end up being the best of the lot. Depends on the other two movies in the trilogy.

This is a batman in his early years, somewhere 1-3 years into the job of batman. Thats what i liked. Hes not the veteran, been there, seen it all have loads of gadgets batman.

Also there was a hint or two as waster eggs as to the next villian in the movies and its not
joker or pengiun.
Please tell. I didn’t catch who the hint.