Film The Batman

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Bored to death watching this.

Too much suspension of disbelieve. Thin plot. Shit fight. Cardboard characters.

10/10 for this piece of crap?

Overrated piece of junk

1. Shit Cinematography, the only good piece was him riding the bike
2. The whole cops hates his guts, but somehow they allow a bat sign to be officially installed
3. See No. 2 but this time they wanna catch him, yet he waltz right into their den
4. So you're a 9/10 sexy chick, masquerading as mob bos illegitimate daughter and cat buglar, yet the stalker next door can see you dress up with a simple binocular
5. Alfred is useless, the most useless Alfred of all, wished he just died
6. Batsuit is terrible, a cheap Primeark boots
7. Batsuit is overrated, can't stand a punch from a weak thug yet can withstand SMG shots point black, oh and shot gun on top of it.
8. Pattinson is fat
9. Pattinson now brought his bat cape in a slim bag, guess he borrows the power of Doraemon
10. The whole gotham top brass is holed up in one big club and nobody even notices it, until Batman does
11. Atom powered Batmobile can't outrun an audi?

oh.. and it's year 2, bat signal, but somehow thugs don't know him

The list goes on...

Last edited:

Widow

Is it not time they brought out a new Batman? not just a different actor but a new story.

It's always the same old bad guys just rehashed

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Got my tickets for Sunday, really looking forward to seeing this. I'm going in with an open mind and no massive expectations so fingers crossed it's as good as some of the reviews say.

b82REZ

Not sure how people can watch a film with a fat protagonist
In The Batman part 2, the Dark Knight takes on his biggest nemesis yet, his battle with bulimia. Under the spell of The Body Dismorphia he purges his way thorough meals and weight loss shakes. Can Bruce overcome his biggest fear, fatphobia?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
A dark and gloomy Batman film. I mean, do we really need another one of these? Let's go back to the Adam West Batman if we really wanna shake things up. Instead, we get emo Batman, who's no doubt oh-so troubled and brooding.

Also, what's up with all these superhero films being incredibly long? Three hours for this? Feck off.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
A dark and gloomy Batman film. I mean, do we really need another one of these? Let's go back to the Adam West Batman if we really wanna shake things up. Instead, we get emo Batman, who's no doubt oh-so troubled and brooding.

Also, what's up with all these superhero films being incredibly long? Three hours for this? Feck off.
To be fair it's required for this film - there's one shot where the camera circles around Batman, it takes about an hour since he's so massive.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Well, we have about a million Marvel films (and some DC ones too) doing the cutesy whole one liners and superhero action orgies, so a dark Batman films is a nice change. Plus the last trilogy was fantastic (third could have been better tbf).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Tbf do we really need another Batman film of any kind? If we really want a nice change then we could move on to something else for a while.

While they're making Batman films though they might as well keep it moody because if we got a lighter version it would inevitably be a quippy Marvel-lite vibe they opted for and god knows cinema is drowning in that stuff already.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Tbf do we really need another Batman film of any kind? If we really want a nice change then we could move on to something else for a while.

While they're making Batman films though they might as well keep it moody because if we got a lighter version it would inevitably be a quippy Marvel-lite vibe they opted for and god knows cinema is drowning in that stuff already.
No, we definitely don't.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well, we have about a million Marvel films (and some DC ones too) doing the cutesy whole one liners and superhero action orgies, so a dark Batman films is a nice change. Plus the last trilogy was fantastic (third could have been better tbf).
But it's already been done, and probably much better. And again - three hours?? I haven't seen the movie and I can already tell you that it doesn't need to be three hours.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But it's already been done, and probably much better. And again - three hours?? I haven't seen the movie and I can already tell you that it doesn't need to be three hours.
Bright, cheery movies have also been done before. It's best to watch the movie before saying it doesn't need to be sad/long. All I know is that I do love the Batman character/villains and one of the best reviews around rates it extremely highly. So looking forward to this one even if my expectations were not initially very high

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bright, cheery movies have also been done before. It's best to watch the movie before saying it doesn't need to be sad/long. All I know is that I do love the Batman character/villains and one of the best reviews around rates it extremely highly. So looking forward to this one even if my expectations were not initially very high
Well, I'm not really advocating for a bright and cheery Batman, I was just making the point that this dark and brooding rendition of him has been done before not THAT long ago. And I can say without watching it that it really doesn't need to be three hours long.

But anyway - whatever. Hope you enjoy it. Obviously, it's not for me, as I would be very happy if they never made a superhero movie again!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Well, I'm not really advocating for a bright and cheery Batman, I was just making the point that this dark and brooding rendition of him has been done before not THAT long ago. And I can say without watching it that it really doesn't need to be three hours long.

But anyway - whatever. Hope you enjoy it. Obviously, it's not for me, as I would be very happy if they never made a superhero movie again!
The character is inherently dark and broody. It would and should be the core part of any movie made about him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I do like the fact that, in the Batman universe, how Gotham is almost like a character in itself.

Sylar

I never understand people complaining that they are happy if superhero movies are never made again but finding their way into a thread about one to complain about a film they haven't seen (yet or plan to)
Anyway looking forward to it

Batman (along with Spidey) have the best villains

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I never understand people complaining that they are happy if superhero movies are never made again but finding their way into a thread about one to complain about a film they haven't seen (yet or plan to)

:lol: why are you even still surprised Sylar?

Andy_Cole

These people watch just to list out the faults.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When even was the last dark, gloomy Batman film anyway? The Nolan trilogy is good, but there is little dark or gritty about the film or the titular character. I don't think there's been a Batman similar to this style since the Tim Burton films.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
When even was the last dark, gloomy Batman film anyway? The Nolan trilogy is good, but there is little dark or gritty about the film or the titular character. I don't think there's been a Batman similar to this style since the Tim Burton films.
And even the Burton films had that typical Tim Burton twisted goofiness to them, like the penguins with rocket launchers stuck on their backs. Like, what ? :lol:

meamth

Why is it getting bashed here?

Watched it, brilliant film. A lot of dedication, vision and effort went into this film.

The shot is gorgeous, never been done before for superhero movies.

Detective super hero film, never been done before.

Long one take scenes, never been done before in superhero movies.

POV cameras for superhero, never been done before.

Again, you guys are being a D*ck!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Why is it getting bashed here?

Watched it, brilliant film. A lot of dedication, vision and effort went into this film.

The shot is gorgeous, never been done before for superhero movies.

Detective super hero film, never been done before.

Long one take scenes, never been done before in superhero movies.

POV cameras for superhero, never been done before.

Again, you guys are being a D*ck!
Aargh you know how it goes in here. Some even hate it without having watched it :lol: