The comprehensive Ronaldo thread

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Diego Maradona, Alfredo Di Stéfano, Giovanni] Trapattoni, Garrincha, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, Zinedine Zidane. Ronaldo [Nazario] Andres Iniesta are, according to fella who you'd think would know, are the best players he's seen

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Like I said before, if you actually think that Iniesta and Cruyff are comparable as players, in a historical context, we're too far apart in terms of assessing those players.

I would also repeat: have you watched Cruyff much?

There are many full games of his available.
Wow, I came here to laugh at what an absolute a-hole Cristiano is during this World Cup. I never expected to see comments saying Michael Laudrup could do everything Cruyff did or that Cruyff would just be in Messi's shadow like Iniesta. Both Laudrup and Iniesta are great players mind but not at the level of Cruyff. I can only assume people haven't really watched Cruyff nor understood his, perhaps incomparable, influence on the modern game. We wouldn't have the Messi we know without the foundation that was built by Cruyff.

https://footballia.net/players/hendrick-johannes-johan-cruyff

You can 42 of his matches as a player, more than enough to see for yourself that it's not "hearsay" or watching a 15-second TikToks ffs.
Stop arguing with yourself, you dafty. I never argued one way or another about Cruyff. I would suggest that not everyone who commentated good or bad has your Cruyff dedication. I apologise I didn’t watch them before daring to comment and I’ll get started tomorrow. I’ll catch up with you again when I’m finished. Maybe about 6 months

MileStolar

If Portugal wins the WC without Cristiano, will his fans say that he is the Goat cause he is a WC winner? I know some are capable of that and even more.
Imagine Argentina - Portugal final where Messi scores a winner and Ronaldo never comes on or even worse comes on only to struggle to control a pass which would see him 1-on-1 with keeper.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If Portugal wins the WC without Cristiano, will his fans say that he is the Goat cause he is a WC winner? I know some are capable of that and even more.
Of course they will.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Stop arguing with yourself, you dafty. I never argued one way or another about Cruyff. I would suggest that not everyone who commentated good or bad has your Cruyff dedication. I apologise I didn’t watch them before daring to comment and I’ll get started tomorrow. I’ll catch up with you again when I’m finished. Maybe about 6 months
:lol:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
:lol:

clarkydaz

In the last couple years stripping his entire game of everything but scoring was just absolutely brutal for any team carrying him. Even with that he would still be twice the player if he wasn't a detriment blatantly capping attacks to be the one on the finish. The worse he becomes the more desperate he's becoming. This season has been some of the worse all time level me-first play from a striker.
He turned himself into the playground goalhanger

Unlikely lad

The worldwide famous singer Ronaldo's Sister has been living in Brazil for 5 years and is married to a Brazilian. They are both Bolsonaro supporters. I read today that they were interviewed in the stadium after the SK defeat and Ronaldo's brother in there was in no way interested in talking about the game and wanted to seize the chance for some right-wing nutter monologue, but Ronaldo's Sister shut him up immediately. Smart from her.
What :lol: I need to know more please

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
So, for future reference, only the text below a quote is in response to the quote itself. The text above is not intended as a response to the quote.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Do you have any excuses left for Ronaldo walking off the pitch alone at the end of the game like a miserable melt while the rest of the team walked over to the fans to celebrate?
Once again the media is a funny thing and you lot eat it up like sheep.

Multiple videos circulating of him being the first player to walk towards the fans and thanking them along with celebrating with his teammates before heading to the dressing room. Just as he also celebrated all of Portugals goals with his teammates. Their is not one media outlet in Portugal saying he “abandoned his team” as you would like.

But I guess that don’t fit your agenda right?

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
So, for future reference, only the text below a quote is in response to the quote itself. The text above is not intended as a response to the quote.
I’m on a train up from London typing on my phone with sporadic internet. I did attempt to erase the other quote but it kept jamming. I do appreciate the admonition though and I’m actually a bit cut up at my abject failure of CAF protocol. No one is more disappointed in me than me

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Ray Man. My Man.

Gazza

:D Ronaldo's RedCafe PR rep is in the house! Talking about the media and agendas against Ronaldo... the same media that has been defending the indefensible from Ronaldo all season long. And yet it's everyone else who is on the right side of common sense who are the sheep, gotta love such levels of delusion, wish I could commit to anything with as much gusto.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Ronaldo carrying Portugal to the title although he comes in in garbage time,, i can see that coming. :lol:
If will be up there with John Terry at the CL final in terms of cringe

Chief123

Multiple videos circulating of him being the first player to walk towards the fans and thanking them along with celebrating with his teammates before heading to the dressing room. Just as he also celebrated all of Portugals goals with his teammates. Their is not one media outlet in Portugal saying he “abandoned his team” as you would like.

You really couldn’t bury your head in the sand any deeper. I don’t know who’s more deluded, Ronaldo or you.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
You really couldn’t bury your head in the sand any deeper. I don’t know who’s more deluded, Ronaldo or you.
Oh it's definitely the poster.

He's all gone all paranoid media conspiracy theory too.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's not the only one. There's a number of Ronaldo nutjobs on here who say similar stuff.

Joel Miller

That’s exactly what they did after they beat France in 2016 with him watching along with the rest of us so I’m sure they’d find a way.

Stadjer

That’s exactly what they did after they beat France in 2016 with him watching along with the rest of us so I’m sure they’d find a way.
He did have 3 goals and 3 assists that tournament so he did contribute to their win. He won that. This WC he dived for a penalty and tried to steal a goal. He is useless this tournament.. just like he has been the whole season.

Cant really compare the two situations.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ok ya you’re right, the videos of him thanking the fans and celebrating with the players is fake. Your right.

Jesus you lot can’t help yourselves.

mu4c_20le

Do you have any excuses left for Ronaldo walking off the pitch alone at the end of the game like a miserable melt while the rest of the team walked over to the fans to celebrate?
Maybe he didn't think he contributed enough to deserve to join in on the celebrations?

SportingCP96

Supports
What are CR's weaknesses, on and off the pitch, as you see him?
Pace is gone, link up play is poor now, he does not press and can make the attack predictable.

Off the pitch I think he talks more then he should, Piers interview was pointless for example especially the timing of it.

His mentality which has always been one of his strongest attributes is the same reason why he is having such a tough time dealing with his decline. He could still be a positive impact on many teams if he realized his role has changed. The problem is in his mind he’s still the greatest player on the planet but his body can’t keep up with what his mind wants.

I still think he can offer teams a lot but in a different way now. He is 38 years old and needs to realize that, many people are done at 38.

Joel Miller

He did have 3 goals and 3 assists that tournament so he did contribute to their win. He won that. This WC he dived for a penalty and tried to steal a goal. He is useless this tournament.. just like he has been the whole season.

Cant really compare the two situations.
Of course he contributed, no one can deny that. But they were using it as some sort of proof that he was now #1 despite the fact he wasn’t anything special, there were better performers in his team, and he made no contribution the first time they actually met a side of real quality. His hardcore fanbase are a different breed, as the guy in this thread aptly demonstrates time and again.

VP

:lol: Can't wait till Ronaldo retires and all his fanboys feck off back to their Trump rallies.

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol: Can't wait till Ronaldo retires and all his fanboys feck off back to their Trump rallies.
Have no idea what trump has to do with Ronaldo or football.

Once again…weirdos..

SportingCP96

Supports
Quite simple. Like Ronaldo, Trump is a giant narcissist with a devoted but deranged following.
Nobody cares if you voted for sleepy joe or are a SJW, this is football stop trying to match the two with zero relevance.

Righteous Steps

I can see fans seeing past stats but goals and assists aren’t stats. It’s literally the be all and end all of football. Even then Ronaldo was a beautiful fecking player in his prime. He has every facet of the game to back him up. I can see fans arguing about styles and I honestly think that’s what this boils down to due to the sheer scale of dominance. If we’re talking down Ronaldo here then this generation is a poor generation when Mbappe and Haaland are a lot more limited than Cristiano ever was.
Look at the modern game, it’s people who play like Ronaldo that’s the stanndard. The directness, pace and power off the shoulder. History will look kinder on him as the game evolved even further down that route than ever before. There’s a reason why Messi was anonymous in his last 9 Classicos, why he never stood up for PSG in big games and why his ambling around for Barca caused them huge headaches in Europe. If Ronaldo isn’t the style you want to watch then there’s nothing in the modern game for you really.
Ronaldo did all that. We saw him be devastating by picking up the ball from deep for Utd and for a lot of his Madrid career. He scored some utterly fantastic solo goals. I really can’t see the argument here
Mbappe is not more limited than CR7, they are pretty similar.

Foxbatt

So with the results above, in that ridiculous dominant league, you think Laudrup wouldn’t have posted silly numbers also?
Come on man, if you’ve watched Laudrup you know that aint true. And clearly, in a tougher league, Cryuff wasn’t more of a direct goal threat.
I have seen him live a fair bit and not on tv. Cruijff started as a winger then CF and then became a player maker who drops deep. Even when he moved to Barcelona he dropped deep apart from one season where Weisweiller who wanted him to play as a lone striker. Cruijff wanted to play as a playmaker.
He was a much better player than Laudrup. Heck even Van Basten was better than Laudrup. Not saying Laudrup was not a good player.
Barcelona would have won a lot more if they could have got their 3 foreign players on the pitch at the same time. They couldn't play more than 2 players and Hugo Sotil whom they signed to play as CF was unable to play with Cruijff and Neeskens. The only reason why he went to Barcelona was money. Ajax refused to increase his wages.