Television The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann Netflix Documentary

Minimalist

Eddie and Keela are spot on. Jail them ASAP.
Don't think the dogs were wrong necessarily and Edie was pretty certain about it. But clearly there was lots of people staying in that apartment prior to the McCanns.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I will happily accept that there are many things we will never know about this case.

However, anyone who thinks the McCanns were driving around with their daughter's dead body in the boot of their car a month after they had reported her missing is a straight up moron.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I'll bow out and bid you all a good day / evening / night wherever you may be.

I've not put anything that ludicrous on here that wasn't already suggested by those close to the case, not sure why the back lash.

Just for the record if I missed certain comments its not intentional just difficult to keep up with all the different comments.

Enjoy folks! :)
Just read a few posts and to give you an idea of how difficult it is to isolate DNA/fingerprint evidence. I was robbed a while back and I called the police to look over the house. This was a small robbery and nothing serious but I obviously reported it to police and told friends and family. Within a few minutes I had about 6 visitors to my house all wishing to see how I was and they arrived 2 hours before the police did. When the police arrived they took note of the incident and then sent out an officer to dust for prints etc later that day. The result was that about 10 people had visited my private residence in about 4 hours. Needless to say when we got the fingerprint results back they were inconclusive because I we hadnt preserved the scene. Also there were so many unknown finger prints that we could never assess which ones could be the robbers.

Mine was a very low priority case but from watching the McCann case the GNR arrived after 3 hours. This is a local police force and didnt have the experience to preserve the scene of a potential kidnapping. This was also not a private residence so the amount of prints and DNA material here would make it nigh on impossible to prove or disprove anything. I think shows like CSI and SVU have made people think that it's dead easy to identify criminals by DNA evidence but actually it's really difficult and most cases are weighed by probability due to peoples movements and stories. I think the McCann's have gone through enough pain with losing a daughter and trial by media.

Rooney24

The doc stated she refused to answer the questions in protest as being labelled "arguida".

If she had nothing to hide and her story was on point she shouldn't of had any concerns other than locating her child.

If someone wrongly accused you of something, wouldn't you loudly state I'm innocent?

I don't practice law but I have often heard the term that silence is an admission of guilt.
Have you heard the term "You have the right to remain silent"?

Its not "You have the right to remain silent but if you do so this is an admission of guilt."

Keefy18

Lovely to log into the cafe this morning with a endless list of notifications :)

Not answering questions could be an instruction by their lawyer or something.
If I was wrongly accused of doing something and my lawyer told me not to answer any more questions about it then I wouldn't answer any more questions. You don't hire lawyers just to ignore their legal advice.

I especially wouldn't answer questions if I had already spent a full day doing so and knew there was zero to gain from answering them once more.

Also, thinking things like "silence is an admission of guilt" is what gets people who don't listen to their lawyers into trouble.
I've no doubt their lawyer advised that.

How is there zero to gain from it? She was questioned in the weeks after her disappearance? Should they not of been questioned at all? If my own child went missing I'd be fully complicit with law enforcement and aiding them in their investigation... IF I had nothing to hide.

@Keefy18 they refused to answer questions after being made suspects in the case. Being accused of murdering your own daughter after she’s been abducted would probably do that to anybody. Instead of searching for a missing child they’re wasting time and resources on ridiculous leads just like the guy they accused earlier.

The rest is all opinion, nobody knows how they’d react if their child suddenly disappeared into thin air. The stress and panic must be out of this world.

They left the country and rightly so when it was clear they wasn’t looking for Madi, the police were completely incapable of such a case.

Her reaction and not answering question once suspected of a crime is one thing but what you’re insinuating is almost an impossibility in that they killed her.
Again, family members / loved ones are invariably guilty in cases of murder / manslaughter and kidnappings.

Next step being the difference between murder and accidental death which he literally flits between in the same post. I'm done.
Feel free to waaay back before I started being absolutely slaughtered by snow flakes on here... I always contested it was manslaughter. It's amazing the amount of times that things are created on here than never exist.

I'm bored repeating myself but I'll say it again... Accidental death = Manslaughter. They possibly gave her calpol and she took an allergic reaction. It's really, really not that difficult to understand and nor that crazy a theory to think that actually could of happened.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Lovely to log into the cafe this morning with a endless list of notifications :)

I've no doubt their lawyer advised that.

How is there zero to gain from it? She was questioned in the weeks after her disappearance? Should they not of been questioned at all? If my own child went missing I'd be fully complicit with law enforcement and aiding them in their investigation... IF I had nothing to hide.

Again, family members / loved ones are invariably guilty in cases of murder / manslaughter and kidnappings.

Feel free to waaay back before I started being absolutely slaughtered by snow flakes on here... I always contested it was manslaughter. It's amazing the amount of times that things are created on here than never exist.

I'm bored repeating myself but I'll say it again... Accidental death = Manslaughter. They possibly gave her calpol and she took an allergic reaction. It's really, really not that difficult to understand and nor that crazy a theory to think that actually could of happened.
There was zero to gain from it because she had already spent a full day answering those same exact questions. There was no new information she was going to give in response to those questions that was going to help find her daughter.

In other words the point of those questions on the police's part wasn't to help rescue/save Madeline, it was (presumably) a case-building exercise. Which is why they were advised by their lawyer not to participate.

Thisistheone

We aren't dealing with Gerry the Dustbin man, its Dr Gerry McCann MD. I'm sure they'd be aware of DNA considering their line of work.
Wait, so Dr Gerry McCann MD didn't know his own 3 yr old daughter was allergic to calpol and/or gave her an over-dose?

Keefy18

Wait, so Dr Gerry McCann MD didn't know his own 3 yr old daughter was allergic to calpol and/or gave her an over-dose?
Again as I've stated it could well of been the first time they gave it to her not knowing.

How could he know if that was the case?

Sorry I forgot, he's all knowing in the world of medicine isn't he.

@Keefy18 is proper mental.
Lovely abusive message, how mature of you.

Anything of actual intelligent substance to add?

And your an admin? Christ!! Pathetic.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Again as I've stated it could well of been the first time they gave it to her not knowing.

How could he know if that was the case?

Sorry I forgot, he's all knowing in the world of medicine isn't he.

Lovely abusive message, how mature of you.

Anything of actual intelligent substance to add?

And your an admin? Christ!! Pathetic.
I'm not an admin, you just come across as a bit of a loon.

Please spend some time reading through this.

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39076140/Main Page

Keefy18

You said invariably. Unless I'm misunderstanding the word, that's just a wrong statement to make.
Feck me your a tad pedantic aren't you.

I'm literally being hounded by a bloody wolf pack here for expressing an opinion and trying to keep up. I've even so called admins posting abusive / insulting comments at me for expressing an opinion, sorry if I posted one word slightly out of context.

I'm the worst aren't I? :lol::houllier:

Himannv

Why did they repeatedly change their stories? Timeline of events, locations and scenarios. Time and time again this happened under investigation.
Why did Kate refuse to work with the police and refuse to answer questions? A lot folks actually would think that in of itself is an admission of guilt.
Why flee the country once they were considered suspects? Again many would suggest that is an admission of guilt.
Why did she leave her twins in the room her other child had allegedly just been kidnapped from?
If Maddie wasn't drugged, why did the twins never wake up once on that night? Even other posters here have said at least 20 people went to / from the room, wouldn't that wake up 2 kids surely? Before you say no, there's a quote in the documentary that a witness heard Kate scream the apartment complex down practically, that she would never forget it... But still the kids didn't wake? Nothing at all suspect there.
Why specifically announce her disappearance as "They've taken her". Who had taken her and wouldn't the natural reply for a missing child be something along the lines of "they've gone missing"? A family member lost their child before and they sure as hell didn't reply with "they've taken her".
Some good questions here tbf.

I'm not sure what changes were made in their story over time. Will have to read up on that.

I think refusing to answer questions was probably done due to a lawyer's advice as mentioned earlier. That seems fair enough. I also think that becoming key suspects made them more eager to leave the country and not cooperate as much. They could have been given advice to do as such by their lawyers.

Leaving the twins in the room is really strange tbh. I mean, if I had three kids and one of them was missing from the room, I'd be really hesitant to run off and leave the other two alone, especially if I suspected kidnappers. I mean, I'd sound the alarm of course, but I wouldn't run away and leave them there by themselves. There's something unusual in that action IMO. Perhaps she didn't have any other option?

I agree the kids were given sleeping pills. I think even one of the 7 said they thought the same thing since a lot of noise was being made and that person thought it strange that the twins were still asleep through it.

Also agree that "they've taken her" is a strange statement to make. Her immediate conclusion on seeing her child missing was "abduction". Something unusual there as well. It adds to the thought that sleeping pills were used, since she was obviously certain Madeleine hadn't wandered off herself. Was she guilty of giving her kids sleeping pills? Absolutely IMO. Did she also accidentally kill her own daughter? Not so sure about that one.

Some unusual things there, but all in all I still think she was kidnapped by some pedo.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why does paparazzi exist? Every now and then when I come across a good half hour of footage of it, it blows my mind that it happens currently. It's a soul destroying job. The people on the other end of the camera are subjected to something deeply inhuman. And it wouldn't be that hard to construct a system where they could extract more or less the same footage, of equal value to the media owners, with much less harm done to the people on either end of the camera.

It's just weird.

I'm actually dumb founded how the majority of this forum actually believes the parents had sweet fa to do with this. On my own facebook page almost every single one of my mates blame them outright or in the very least suspects them of some wrong doing, But typical of the cafe it has to be different for the sake of a good auld argument.
:lol: yes that's a good sign that your analysis of the situation is very robust

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Just finished watching this.

If you got to choose between definitively finding out what happened to Madeline or United winning the Champions League. Where would you watch the final?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think the family made a massive mistake in not appearing in this documentary. Having watched the whole thing it's pretty obvious to me that they aren't involved in any way and anyone who thinks they are is an idiot, in my opinion of course. That being said, the publicity this brings is good for the case and it's raised awareness that she may still be alive and them appearing would have made that plea to keep looking even more impactful.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sounds like a fiction novel, but that's the kind of shit wealthy and powerful people can get away with. Reality is crazier (and more sinister) than fiction.
The fiction yer man is spewing in that twitter thread is much crazier than reality.

And it’s sinister too. When conspiracy gonks start persecuting bereaved people. Like the shit-heads who are driving Sandy Hook parents to suicide.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The fiction yer man is spewing in that twitter thread is much crazier than reality.

And it’s sinister too. When conspiracy gonks start persecuting bereaved people. Like the shit-heads who are driving Sandy Hook parents to suicide.
Only by knowing the truth we can be certain of that.

Ps. A conspiracy theory is bringing Sandy Hooks parents to suicide?? how?

Minimalist

I think the family made a massive mistake in not appearing in this documentary. Having watched the whole thing it's pretty obvious to me that they aren't involved in any way and anyone who thinks they are is an idiot, in my opinion of course. That being said, the publicity this brings is good for the case and it's raised awareness that she may still be alive and them appearing would have made that plea to keep looking even more impactful.
Heard the theory that they were possibly advised by PR people to dismiss it, so as to be seen as nothing to do with it. The documentary as you say is very much in their favour and being 'independent' of their involvement is possibly a bonus for them in terms of combating the conspiracy theories (nobody can claim it's a creation of theirs).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You do realize that the McCann parents have repeatedly changed their version of events on the night in question?
More than likely this probably has to do with them lying about how many times they went back to check on their kids during the night as they didn't want to look like bad parents than anything more sinister.

Does seem like their kids were giving something to help them sleep though, but a man was seen with a kid also I believe she was kidnapped.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Only by knowing the truth we can be certain of that.

Ps. A conspiracy theory is bringing Sandy Hooks parents to suicide?? how?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the subject of one? The attention etc?
Internet bullying cause alot of people to commit suicide so image this.

In this documentary the Mccans got plenty of vile hate mail. It is certainly something that could drive someone to suicide.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That they found one of Kates McCann's fingerprints on the inside of a window shutter in a house she was staying in for a week is surely not evidence that she was responsible? She could have opened and closed that shutters 20 times in the days leading up to the disappearance.

It would also have been pretty easy for anyone watching with the intent to kidnap, to enter an unlocked house, remove a sleeping child and escape without being noticed or leaving behind DNA.

It's a far more believable scenario than this remarkable idea that two middle class doctors managed to kill their little girl, hide the body somewhere nearby for 25 days, keep it hidden under the glare of the police and worlds media, then recover the body 25 days later and hide it somewhere else, while on holiday with 7 friends and their other two infant children and then go on to spend the next decade tirelessly campaigning to keep the worlds focus on their missing child. They've lobbied media, governments, police forces and private investigators and consistently refused to let interest in the case die down - you might do that for a few months or a year if you're guilty but you don't do it with this vigour and for this long.

They aren't criminal geniuses getting off on the idea that the world is looking for their kid while they get away with their brilliant and evil scheme.
The idea that they hid the body in 2 hours so well that it has not been found for 11 years is a bit crazy, I agree.

The idea that they somehow managed to return to Portugal, rent a new car, dig up her body and hide it again somewhere else, all while being under constant surveillance, is probably more mind boggling though.

Very, very unlikely that they had anything to do with it.

George Owen

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To be fair them changing stories about that night is not that suspicious either. It’s actually not that uncommon, I don’t think they were actually changing any major points about that evening.

There’s just no viable scenario in which they kill her that evening and manage to not have anyone find out in 11 years.

George Owen

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the subject of one? The attention etc?
Internet bullying cause alot of people to commit suicide so image this.

In this documentary the Mccans got plenty of vile hate mail. It is certainly something that could drive someone to suicide.
Obviously. I was just curious what was the conspiracy theory...

diarm

I'm actually dumb founded how the majority of this forum actually believes the parents had sweet fa to do with this. On my own facebook page almost every single one of my mates blame them outright or in the very least suspects them of some wrong doing, But typical of the cafe it has to be different for the sake of a good auld argument
This is the most hilarious thing I've read on the Caf this year.

And I've spent considerable time in the Brexit thread!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What I find bizarre is that keefy is in the McCanns did it camp and MJ inoccent camp. Talking about getting your bearings wrong...

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is the most hilarious thing I've read on the Caf this year.

And I've spent considerable time in the Brexit thread!
Facebook pals are always spot on didn’t you know.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I'm actually dumb founded how the majority of this forum actually believes the parents had sweet fa to do with this. On my own facebook page almost every single one of my mates blame them outright or in the very least suspects them of some wrong doing, But typical of the cafe it has to be different for the sake of a good auld argument.
Your mates believe it, it must be true.