The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Indeed. If there wasnt Messi wankfest I want Argentina to win.
Same and this is why I wanted Germany to win 2014.

If not for the Messi factor, I'd love a Lisandro win to solidify his status as the rock at the centre of our defense

Pocho

Their team is far from being shit… They can afford to bring in Lisandro, Lautaro, Dybala and/or Di Maria from the bench… And they have Messi in his GOAT form.

They won Copa America last year against a strong Brazil and have now eliminated 2 of Europe’s best sides in the run to this final (both Netherlands & Croatia will play the UEFA-NL semifinals come June). Argentina is going to face Europe’s absolute best side in tomorrow’s final. The title holders of the UEFA-NL and the WC.
I agree, I just was being ironic with the crying poster that claims that Argentina was pushed to the final by the refs.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If not for the Messi factor, I'd love a Lisandro win to solidify his status as the rock at the centre of our defense
Lisandro is a bench player in this Argentina team unless they use a back 3 against France (which isn't impossble). There's no guarantee he'll play.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's going to be an emotional match. Most likely Messi's final Argentina match, irrespective of the result.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Want France to win because the fanboys will be absolutely unbearable if Argentina win(they already are tbf).

And yeah, the Messi wankfest is lame.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Same and this is why I wanted Germany to win 2014.

What about the Mbappe wankfest? Or are you selective in which wankfests annoy you? Almost like there's an ulterior motive, perhaps?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Honestly this whole 'I want France to win because people celebrating a player they feel privileged to be able to watch annoys me' stuff is utter cringe. Just makes you sound like a sad act with no mates that sits in a darkened room all day glancing out the curtains and growling at children playing outside.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Honestly this whole 'I want France to win because people celebrating a player they feel privileged to be able to watch annoys me' stuff is utter cringe. Just makes you sound like a sad act with no mates that sits in a darkened room all day glancing out the curtains and growling at children playing outside.
Yeah it’s a mind boggling stance and I’d say 99% are actually just Ronaldo fans who want Messi to lose. Basically. Because most neutrals won’t let idiots - and I emphasise on either side of the argument, influence how they feel. We’ve witnessed 2 of the all time greats, with Messi especially being insanely gifted. So as a real “neutral”, why would it grate anyone to a point they actually want him to lose? It would be bloody fantastic if he could end his career by propelling his country to a World Cup win. It would sign of a magnificent career.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What about the Mbappe wankfest? Or are you selective in which wankfests annoy you? Almost like there's an ulterior motive, perhaps?
Man, some of you are pathetic. Please feel free to tell me what my ulterior motive is.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think I'll support our EU brothers today, but would also be happy for Mac Allister to do it for Ireland.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'd also root for a Messi win if it wasn't France in front of him. Country > Goat :o

the_cliff

Rooting for Argentina here. Not many clubs can boast of having a centre back partnership that are both world cup winners.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Come on Argentina. Football needs the iconic photo of Messi holding the WC trophy. The finish to a beautiful story.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Want France to win because the fanboys will be absolutely unbearable if Argentina win(they already are tbf).

And yeah, the Messi wankfest is lame.
Don’t you think the anti-Messi position is a bit lame, too?

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope France wins but all the teams I've supported from the QF onwards lost so...Argentina will win 100%
Same here :D. France is a lesser evil for me. Hopefully the ref is up for the job, but I have a bad feeling Argentina is not allowed to lose today.

Cloud7

Argentina gets a penalty almost every game (and some soft ones)... And I think France is the team that had most penalties against. So get prepared for that to happen...
The second stat is probably skewed by the absolute madness their defenders were doing against England. There's nothing suspicious about that. They just did stupid stuff.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
A typically emotional argie mentioned the other day something that left me all squishy inside:

Messi wasn't born in 1986 so couldn't see Diego's finest hour, now Diego is no longer alive in 2022 to witness Messi's

So many great memories from both :drool: :(

Vamos muchachos

Cloud7

Yeah it’s a mind boggling stance and I’d say 99% are actually just Ronaldo fans who want Messi to lose. Basically. Because most neutrals won’t let idiots - and I emphasise on either side of the argument, influence how they feel. We’ve witnessed 2 of the all time greats, with Messi especially being insanely gifted. So as a real “neutral”, why would it grate anyone to a point they actually want him to lose? It would be bloody fantastic if he could end his career by propelling his country to a World Cup win. It would sign of a magnificent career.
100%

It's definitely Ronaldo fanboys who just don't want to admit it.

In before I get a reply saying 'B-b-b-but this has nothing to do with Ronaldo. I would say the same if he was in this position!'

Cloud7

Also anecdotally, the vast majority of people on my social media feeds who have been pushing this narrative of FIFA favoring Argentina are all Ronaldo Stans. So I'm sure there's no correlation there at all.

kidbob

I'd love Argentina to win but realistically this is where reality will hit hard. 3-1 France and it won't be a particularly close game in my opinion.

Fabio Rochemback

I want Argentina to win because I am fully and unashamedly part of the Messi wankfest.

I have a good feeling they'll do it too, despite being the weaker team. There's a very different energy about them than when they reached the final in 2014. France didn't look very good against England or Morocco but of course that could easily change tonight.

2-1 Argentina.

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
If Paredes is starting, 3-0 France. He is that horrible. And yes I would love to see Messi lift the WC but France has quality all over. Messi has carried this team as far as he can.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s one of those games where I look at it and think a South American team is due the World Cup, lighting won’t strike twice with France winning it, it’s written that Messi will win it etc.

But when I look at it as an actual football game that’s about to happen I just can’t see Argentina beating France.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd also root for a Messi win if it wasn't France in front of him. Country > Goat :o
It's strange but if it was England vs Argentina I'd still want Argentina to win for Messi.

The best ever player in my eyes, but I still think (again) France are too strong for Argentina.

I'm not really big on nationalism, of course if it was World War 3 I'd support England because of life or death though :lol:

Pintu

Argentina will win this. They have many premier league players… France mostly farmer leagues players.