Television The Flash TV Series | Comic Book Stuff in Spoiler Tags Please

Sylar

Returned and was a good episode.
I like the Prison break guys and I like the Flash because hes more a superhero rather than a vigilante (got quite a few shows like that now). Hes a likable character and good guy.

I just dont get what DC are doing though. They have the Flash TV show but then they are going to do a Flash Movie with a different person which looks like it will be an origin story (i think it will be barry allen flash as well). Odd

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Returned and was a good episode.
I like the Prison break guys and I like the Flash because hes more a superhero rather than a vigilante (got quite a few shows like that now). Hes a likable character and good guy.

I just dont get what DC are doing though. They have the Flash TV show but then they are going to do a Flash Movie with a different person which looks like it will be an origin story (i think it will be barry allen flash as well). Odd
Unlike Marvel, which has a common cinematic universe for its TV Shows and Movies, DC have kept their Movie universe and tv universe separate. And they probably think they require a movie about the origin story of Flash for their Justice League Movie

Havak

Pokemon master
Episode 10 was good! Anyone wanting to catch up quick that doesn't have on demand or series link etc, then try out this website: http://www.shush.se/index.php?shows

Got all the episodes in HD and a lot of other good shows too!

I'm torn with how it's going now, but I think both Wells and Thawne (or a family member of Thawne) will play roles as the Reverse-Flash at different points in the series. I was all on board with Wells being 'too obvious', but the small clue of Wells being ready to leap out of his wheelchair in Ep.10 when Barry was doing his training leads me to believe he is fast enough to move Barry out of the way of one of those rockets if something went wrong, without Cisco or Caitlin even noticing it was him.

Really looking forward to how the series develops, probably my favourite at the moment. Definitely my favourite superhero/vigilante series.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Episode 10 was good! Anyone wanting to catch up quick that doesn't have on demand or series link etc, then try out this website: http://www.shush.se/index.php?shows

Got all the episodes in HD and a lot of other good shows too!

I'm torn with how it's going now, but I think both Wells and Thawne (or a family member of Thawne) will play roles as the Reverse-Flash at different points in the series. I was all on board with Wells being 'too obvious', but the small clue of Wells being ready to leap out of his wheelchair in Ep.10 when Barry was doing his training leads me to believe he is fast enough to move Barry out of the way of one of those rockets if something went wrong, without Cisco or Caitlin even noticing it was him.

Really looking forward to how the series develops, probably my favourite at the moment. Definitely my favourite superhero/vigilante series.
Yeah exactly!
I agree with both Wells and Thawne. And I'm curious to see the sis that freed the former prison breakers.

Sylar

I have a feeling its going to be Eddie as the reverse flash. Hes going to turn bad because of a break up over Iris, hes going to find out shes leaving him for Flash/Barry and he will turn to the darkside trying to make Barrys life hell. And the other lightning will be Wells trying to keep Barry safe. Or something like that involving time travel given Wells keeps looking into the future newspaper. At least its not predictable (I guess unless youve read comics which I havent so just speculation lol)

Unlike Marvel, which has a common cinematic universe for its TV Shows and Movies, DC have kept their Movie universe and tv universe separate. And they probably think they require a movie about the origin story of Flash for their Justice League Movie
Yeah just seems weird they want to keep them separate though. You would think by linking them, it would get people interested in seeing both. Essentially you dont have to watch the TV shows.
Whilst you dont have to with the Marvel shows, but at least Agent Of Shields is linked to the movies (makes references and such) and is a fun addition.
These now seem like a project by somebody else. Its going to be weird as the Flash TV show is probably going to be still on going when the Flash movie is released and I would bet a lot of people will be so used to the current actor, unless the movie really hits it out the park, its going to be compared (especially if the TV show is a big hit)

Mark_GrumpyLion

I have a feeling its going to be Eddie as the reverse flash. Hes going to turn bad because of a break up over Iris, hes going to find out shes leaving him for Flash/Barry and he will turn to the darkside trying to make Barrys life hell. And the other lightning will be Wells trying to keep Barry safe. Or something like that involving time travel given Wells keeps looking into the future newspaper. At least its not predictable (I guess unless youve read comics which I havent so just speculation lol)
Bang on the money there mate, at least to what I think.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Yeah just seems weird they want to keep them separate though. You would think by linking them, it would get people interested in seeing both. Essentially you dont have to watch the TV shows.
Whilst you dont have to with the Marvel shows, but at least Agent Of Shields is linked to the movies (makes references and such) and is a fun addition.
These now seem like a project by somebody else. Its going to be weird as the Flash TV show is probably going to be still on going when the Flash movie is released and I would bet a lot of people will be so used to the current actor, unless the movie really hits it out the park, its going to be compared (especially if the TV show is a big hit)
To be honest I think of it as a good thing as DC movies haven't been particularly good (imo) whereas the tv shows they've got are, so keeping the tv and movie universes separate means there's no chance of either (in this case the tv shows) affecting the other in a negative sense. Marvel are pretty much bang on the money with their movies and tv shows.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Why I had that in spoiler tags I have no idea :lol:

Last edited:

Sylar

@Welsh Wonder Fair point I guess. I really like the TV shows for DC. Havent seen Gotham or Constantine yet though but given the second half of Man Of Steel, you make a really valid point about negativity.

Bang on the money there mate, at least to what I think.
And unless i dreamt it, im sure the sideways flash went face to face with Eddie and didnt hurt him. Didnt Eddie even make a comment about it? or did I dream all of that lol. Anyway been a whilst since that but it would be logical for that to happen and not a bad thing imo

Welsh Wonder

@Welsh Wonder Fair point I guess. I really like the TV shows for DC. Havent seen Gotham or Constantine yet though but given the second half of Man Of Steel, you make a really valid point about negativity.

And unless i dreamt it, im sure the sideways flash went face to face with Eddie and didnt hurt him. Didnt Eddie even make a comment about it? or did I dream all of that lol. Anyway been a whilst since that but it would be logical for that to happen and not a bad thing imo
I haven't seen Gotham either, though I've only really heard quite bad reviews for it. Really enjoy Constantine though.

Ekeke

Why is it logical? He's going to go from a moral white knight in the police, to being a bad guy, hurting people, crime and murdering Barry's mother because of a breakup? Christ, he doesnt seem that emo

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Eddie is going to become a criminal. Of course he could fall out with Flash/Barry again and not like him, he might even attempt to shoot or arrest him because he's upset with him, but it'd have to be something really drastic to rewrite his persona as a badguy doing what the reverse flash has done... Something like Barry being responsible for Iris getting killed, etc.

Sylar

Logical in terms of character arcs that you normally see in comic books. Villians who want revenge based on something bad happening. Obviously not just the one point, but something that builds over time. Given its a TV show and not a movie, it would obviously be more than just one thing but a build up which they have time to let play.

Plus whilst hes on the show, theres so much to him we dont know except for being Iris bf and her dads partner.

Ekeke

Logical in terms of character arcs that you normally see in comic books. Villians who want revenge based on something bad happening. Obviously not just the one point, but something that builds over time. Given its a TV show and not a movie, it would obviously be more than just one thing but a build up which they have time to let play.

Plus whilst hes on the show, theres so much to him we dont know except for being Iris bf and her dads partner.
True but again, it'll have to be something drastic that makes him snap. Its not going to be because Barry has feelings for Iris. That will get the silent treament, not the murder your family treatment :lol:

Also since we're just speculating theres no need for spoilers

Sylar

I know but last time I speculated I got in trouble because it hasnt happened on the TV show lol.

Yeah im going more for the fact, I doubt they introduce somebody new to be it, and from all the characters in the show, Eddie is the one we dont know much about in terms of history. He seems clean now but who knows lol.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another good episode.

Since Eddie and Joe started an investigation on Wells, it's only matter of time before Wells makes Eddie the new Reverse Flash and Joe gets killed for some reason. Wells isn't fecking around anymore and is using his powers, he's talking of the final move and all that. For some reason, it seems that he's losing his power and now wants to recover it somehow, probably by using Flash, he'll probably just steal his superlungs or something.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Another good episode.

Since Eddie and Joe started an investigation on Wells, it's only matter of time before Wells makes Eddie the new Reverse Flash and Joe gets killed for some reason. Wells isn't fecking around anymore and is using his powers, he's talking of the final move and all that. For some reason, it seems that he's losing his power and now wants to recover it somehow, probably by using Flash, he'll probably just steal his superlungs or something.
I agree with every thought you have, and I like the fact that I don't have to write it anymore.

Sylar

Love it. Great episode and yeah, want to see how the investigation plays out.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another good episode, credit where it's due it's really hard to recall/name an episode of Flash that was shit. I was very afraid of how they handle the series but they've done brilliantly so far. A lot of funny, touchy moments and nice cameo from Bale.

Grodd obviously. Going by wikipedia, 'Grodd's psionic abilities allow him to place other beings under his mental control. Grodd can also project telekinetic force beams, telekinetically transmute matter, and transfer his consciousness into other bodies'. It makes me wonder, there was a scene in this episode when Barry was with Dr Snow at that karaoke party and he was completly ignored by the bartender. A little bit later when this chick got to him, she got bartender's attention within seconds. Obviously, could be because she knows the guy / because she's a girl but it all looked dodgy to me that time and after reading a little bit about that monkey it looks even more dodgy now. Could it be that Barry is basically dating a monkey?

One way or another we're going to have a new, probably long term antagonist.

Last edited:

Ekeke

I think you can file "Dating a monkey" next to "Eddie is the Reverse Flash we've seen because Iris is dating him and that hits Flash in the feels"

Expect Grodd to care more about the rest of the human population than about Flash specifically. From the 2 times we've had Grodd cameos, the story is showing his progressing intelect so I guess its a little while yet before his masterplan but, his main motivation is for there to be others like him. Rather than dating superheroes

Welsh Wonder

This show has exceeded all expectations for me, it's fantastic. Barry and the guy who plays his dad never fail to hit me in the feels too.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Knew it was only a matter of time til they had him sing though.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I had no idea he was in Glee before this, so him being good came as an actual surprise to me.
He was good in Glee, he was a dick and he actually made you hate him. Proper old school heel.

Sylar

I had no idea he was in Glee before this, so him being good came as an actual surprise to me.
Same. I was expecting both to be comically bad. Great episode. A lot of cool things happened in this episode.
Fan of Victor Garber so nice to see he will be part of this. So having not read up on this, im assuming he will have like a dual personality where we will see each one (arrows cousin and garber), one being bad and one being good? Regardless, looking forward to it.

Flash and his "real" dad scenes are always good. Nice to see that he could tell it was his son, indirectly praising him.
Grodd. Awesome!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The only thing I didn't like was sisqo doing martial arts. Where the feck did he learn to fight? Otherwise touching episode with a killer ending! Love this show.

Sylar

They havent shown much about his past or what hes been doing in his personal time so at least that can be explained if / when they need to.

Ekeke

I definitely prefer that Cisco can fight, otherwise

It'll take forever for him to start helping when he gets his powers/develops a "Vibe" machine so that he can play superhero with more boring training superhero stuff.That might be what they do come to think of it, like with Black Canary having a device instead of her scream. Makes more sense, given that he's working at Star labs and creating all these other things, Canary just randomly had one from somewhere that was never explained.

Same. I was expecting both to be comically bad. Great episode. A lot of cool things happened in this episode.
Fan of Victor Garber so nice to see he will be part of this. So having not read up on this, im assuming he will have like a dual personality where we will see each one (arrows cousin and garber), one being bad and one being good? Regardless, looking forward to it.

Flash and his "real" dad scenes are always good. Nice to see that he could tell it was his son, indirectly praising him.
Grodd. Awesome!
A basic idea of the firestorm dynamic in the comics, from what I've seen :

Over the years there have been different cominations of people that became Firestorm together. I dont think its ever been one evil and one good person, so I doubt thats the case in Flash. In the comics the 2 personalities talk to each other and discuss what to do and have banter, but 1 of them is able to control the Firestorm body and the other just talks. Stein and Raymond were also able to seperate and live their lives, but come together to form Firestorm. So far in The Flash we've just seen them stuck together as Firestorm, so either the show might keep them together and in that form the whole time or maybe they will find a way to seperate them later on

Firestorm's power :

At first glance everyone will just be assuming Firestorm is the DC version of the Human Torch. But he doesn't just have fire powers, he has nuclear powers. He can change and transmute the properties of a non-living/organic object. He can turn lead into gold and things like that, but one interesting thing I can remember him doing is creating kryptonite for Luthor. So there could be many cool ways for him to use his powers during the show

One other interesting thing is that Multiplex (the guy who has lots of copies of himself from Episode 2 I believe) is mainly a Firestorm villain

Sylar

I was wondering whether to read that or not @Ekeke but did in the end. Its good to know but also interesting they could go a few ways with this. Really looking forward to it.

Eddie surely has a bigger part to play

Sylar

Agreed, fantastic episode again.

So time travel pretty much confirmed with older barry. So him trying to take on reverse flash to go save his mum and he loses out there or something.

Also Iris is a bitch. Women like her are a bitch lol

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just watched it as well, I don't think Arrow got shit on Flash at the moment, this show is fantastic. God I hope they don't feck it up by putting in 1890453275 fillers.

fecking around with time travel, trying to change the outcome and so on always has it's consequences, wondering what will it be for Barry. Joe getting killed or something? Eddie becoming new Reverse Flash so Wells can feck off to the future?

Ekeke

I like how they are keeping almost all of the important things very similar if not completely true to the comics, Wells/Zoom, most of the well known Flash villains, timetravel to save someone, etc. I think I'm going to like their version of Grodd too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I like how they are keeping almost all of the important things very similar if not completely true to the comics, Wells/Zoom, most of the well known Flash villains, timetravel to save someone, etc. I think I'm going to like their version of Grodd too.
Yes, the Flash fans must be very happy general.

Sylar

I love Grodd. Seriously awesome and thats only from a few scenes.

I like how much theyve revealed and yet there is soooo much more that can happen. I love the pacing and for me its a nice opposite to Arrow. Love them both and I like how this is more superhero than vigilante which makes for a good mesh when watching both shows.

I like how Firestorm (Stein and Ronnie) have controlled their powers now. Good stuff overall.

Also loved Cisco and Joe together and Cisco explaining the time travel through movies lol

Edit: Also loved

General: Dear God...
Grodd: Not God, Grodd!!!

haha

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I hope they keep Grodd under wraps until season 2 simply because the show is doing so well and season two will have a bigger budget so they can make him look amazing. I really like Dr. Wells, I feel sad everytime someone says "he has nothing to do with Barry's mom's death" knowing that he does. He is a brilliant character and actor.

Iris on the other hand needs a punch across her face.