Television The Flash TV Series | Comic Book Stuff in Spoiler Tags Please

Minkaro

I'm on UK pace, so just had the one where Nora has her own version of Groundhog Day.

Cicada's a bit crap, really. The gruff voice made sense when he had the mask covering his face, but when he does it without that, it's like "we can see you. Why are you disguising your voice?"

Also Iris beat him up, so I can't take him seriously.

Sylar

I'm on UK pace, so just had the one where Nora has her own version of Groundhog Day.

Cicada's a bit crap, really. The gruff voice made sense when he had the mask covering his face, but when he does it without that, it's like "we can see you. Why are you disguising your voice?"

There's actually a reason for it haha

Ekeke

Thats usually the problem with the Arrowverse shows and especially Flash.

DC have some absolutely great villain characters but the show villains are completely lame.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thats usually the problem with the Arrowverse shows and especially Flash.

DC have some absolutely great villain characters but the show villains are completely lame.
Spot on. As a fan, it frustrates me so much.

Another fckin Hiatus. All these breaks kills these shows momentum. last epispde was probably one of the better ones of the season, but now a whole month will pass before we see the next one. Annoying.

It wouldnt be too bad if each set of shows before a break was a mini arc but its not. At least we get improved Cicada onwards, and the first Cicada actually got to talk like a normal person before he was replaced.

Also I did find Barry throwing Nora into the pipeline funnier than it should have been.
She deserves more than that for her consistent stupidity throughout the whole season

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thought this was the episode of the season. Interesting back story to Nora and quite an emotional response from Barry.

Andersons Dietician

Tell you what, I was losing interest in the flash quickly and this was the only arc that was keeping it interesting but I have to say that is probably the best episode there has been since season 1. Some nice call backs to that season as well.

That last scene, ooooft!!

Di Maria's angel

Tell you what, I was losing interest in the flash quickly and this was the only arc that was keeping it interesting but I have to say that is probably the best episode there has been since season 1. Some nice call backs to that season as well.

That last scene, ooooft!!
Yeah, man. It got me, too. Great acting. Noras been brilliant, to be fair. And Barry was great throughout the episode. Ill give it to the writers for having him distrust her.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, man. It got me, too. Great acting. Noras been brilliant, to be fair. And Barry was great throughout the episode. Ill give it to the writers for having him distrust her.
Yeah I didn’t think the guy that plays Barry had that in him and Nora has genuinely been pretty good. Interested to see how this is all going to unfold with Cicara, Thawn and a setup for next season.

Di Maria's angel

Yeah I didn’t think the guy that plays Barry had that in him and Nora has genuinely been pretty good. Interested to see how this is all going to unfold with Cicara, Thawn and a setup for next season.
You ever seen Grant Gustin in Glee or 90210, cant remember which one he pulled off being a massive cnut but he did it very well. I was incredibly surprised when he was cast as Barry Allen.

Sylar

I like Grant, think hes been fantastic as Flash even if some of the material has been iffy. When hes allowed to have fun, you can see hes great.

I liked the episode. And yeah, that last scene was great.

Sandyman

I honestly feel that ever since they revealed Nora is working with Thawne, most of us couldn't wait for the Cicada arc to get over so we could finally get to the bottom of the Thawne arc.

It's also telling that after 5 seasons, Thawne is still the best villain they have had on the show. Maybe, Zoom comes close.

The preview for next week though - they just couldn't help it :lol:

Andersons Dietician

I honestly feel that ever since they revealed Nora is working with Thawne, most of us couldn't wait for the Cicada arc to get over so we could finally get to the bottom of the Thawne arc.
Yeah that is fair, I personally have been waiting for that to end so we could get in to this but I haven’t seen the trailer for next week but at some point the Cicada story still needs to be wrapped up.
It's also telling that after 5 seasons, Thawne is still the best villain they have had on the show. Maybe, Zoom comes close.
Zoom was good to a point which was around the reveal of who he was. As soon as that happened it lost its intrigue.

Sandyman

Yeah that is fair, I personally have been waiting for that to end so we could get in to this but I haven’t seen the trailer for next week but at some point the Cicada story still needs to be wrapped up.

Zoom was good to a point which was around the reveal of who he was. As soon as that happened it lost its intrigue.
I think it just highlights the way the show has been going - downhill. Tbf, they did set a high bar for themselves with that first season. But, apart from the second season, they have not come close to matching it. S3 and S4 were bad, esp S4 considering it had a potentially great villain.

Not going to spoil next week for those who have not seen the preview, but it involves the one member of Team Flash we all unanimously love :lol:

Di Maria's angel

Thought Zoom was awesome plus his soundtrack was :drool:.

Big Andy

Bloke
Loved how a man who can squeeze himself into a suitcase or through a small diameter pipe, and can turn his head 360 degrees can get knocked out by one Iris punch...

Di Maria's angel

This show is so crap these days. They need a better villain and more coherent story. If they've renewed for a 6th season, it should probably be the last.

kouroux

Loved how a man who can squeeze himself into a suitcase or through a small diameter pipe, and can turn his head 360 degrees can get knocked out by one Iris punch...
And Iris has now combat training. If I'm a father, there is no way I'd let my daughter on a supposedly dangerous mission like that. This season is a stupid mess. Iris is the most overpowered of them all.

Andersons Dietician

And Iris has now combat training. If I'm a father, there is no way I'd let my daughter on a supposedly dangerous mission like that. This season is a stupid mess. Iris is the most overpowered of them all.
What you talking about, she’s been taught boxing since she was a young girl. It’s mentioned in season 1 where she punches the dude that can change his body in to metal and the episode where Barry learns the sonic boom punch. I think she also breaks her hand that episode.

Iris is the new Iron Fist :lol:

kouroux

She is the flash
She really is. At this point I won't be surprised if the have a spin off series with her. She's gotten too big for the show.
What you talking about, she’s been taught boxing since she was a young girl. It’s mentioned in season 1 where she punches the dude that can change his body in to metal and the episode where Barry learns the sonic boom punch. I think she also breaks her hand that episode.

Iris is the new Iron Fist :lol:
:lol:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in babbbby

Sandyman

Whoa did not realize we have reached the penultimate episode. So, did they ever explain how Thawne escaped being erased from existence or are they saving that for the season finale?

Also, surely it makes more sense to have power dampeners throughout the prison rather than just having them in the cell (do they even have them or is it just the dagger dampening Thawne's powers?).

And a big shout out to courageous leader Iris and her weekly pointless instruction to the team to make her sound like the leader "Cisco, remove the dagger and breach the atomiser". They would be so lost without her.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Whoa did not realize we have reached the penultimate episode. So, did they ever explain how Thawne escaped being erased from existence or are they saving that for the season finale?

Also, surely it makes more sense to have power dampeners throughout the prison rather than just having them in the cell (do they even have them or is it just the dagger dampening Thawne's powers?).

And a big shout out to courageous leader Iris and her weekly pointless instruction to the team to make her sound like the leader "Cisco, remove the dagger and breach the atomiser". They would be so lost without her.
He spent so much time in the speed force and out of his own time that his existence is unable to be erased because he's cemented himself in it.

Sandyman

He spent so much time in the speed force and out of his own time that his existence is unable to be erased because he's cemented himself in it.
Cheers. Totally missed that. Wonder how they will play out the whole negative speed force angle.

Someone enlighten me, what was Dibny on about during this episode ?
Figuring out Thawne's plan. I liked that he figured it out while the rest were focused on Shecada. His character has grown a lot this season.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Cheers. Totally missed that. Wonder how they will play out the whole negative speed force angle.

Figuring out Thawne's plan. I liked that he figured it out while the rest were focused on Shecada. His character has grown a lot this season.
It was easy to miss, it was mentioned once when he was first bavk with everybody shocked and that's it, blink and you miss it type thing.

Sandyman

Thawne you magnificent bastard :drool:

Cisco :(

"Incoming time flux - Flash goes missing 2019"

Hopefully they handle the Crisis of Infinite Earths much better than the last 3 seasons.

kouroux

Cisco can piss off, he has been so annoying all season long. Glad he is gone, couldn't care less about him and his gf.
Thawne being back is always good and I have to admit that Nora will be missed.

Minkaro

I had to turn the last episode off, because it was too scary for me.

Cicada II's recitation of the pelican rhyme was chilling. Has there ever been a better villain in any medium?

(I might be being sarcastic).

Hoof the ball

Ok, what's the deal with Cisco? "I don't want this power to be the most extraordinary thing about me". Ok, so stop using your fecking power then! You don't have to lose the ability completely in order to stop using it constantly. Just. Stop. Using. It.

Nora was great this season, as was Thawne, as always! Tom Cavanagh is absolutely key to this show. I've loved every incarnation of Wells' character, too. Just a great screen presence.

Wish Cicada.......would......stop.......talking.......like.......this.......all.......the.........time.

Looks like Dibny's got his future wife showing up in the next season, judging from the scene at the end with the file.

Iris' sudden ability to fight reminds me of Arrow. Does anyone remember when Laurel (the original) couldn't fight at all, and then met someone at a boxing gym, and then within two episodes took out 3-4 men in an alley? :lol: