Television The Flash TV Series | Comic Book Stuff in Spoiler Tags Please

Golden Nugget

I really got confused during the last 5 mins or so - probably as I found this episode a bit boring. Great season with a underwhelming finale.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Am i right in saying that in eddie killing himself should reset the original time paradox and barrys mother should be alive

The episode was alright but the ending cant wait for next season already.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It was a pretty good episode to be fair, plenty of things shown there about the new spin-off and not only I presume, especially during the moment when
Barry's running through the wormhole. I guess that since Eddie was dragged into that wormhome, somebody will sort of save him/resurrect him and he'll become the new Reverse Flash and come back to his times.

Ekeke

Congrats guys! You were all right!

That villain Eddie, stealing Barry's spotlight! What a cunning bastard :lol: Well there you have it then, he was only ever a good guy just like he always suggested. I personally dislike characters completely dying never to be used again and that seems to be what happened with Wells. Eddie went through the wormhole, dead, I suppose its possible he could have arrived somewhere where he could be brought back to life but for now he's gone and he went out the hero. I thought it was a good episode, the scene with his mum was emotional even though her death was pretty bad... Saying goodbye, then instantly dying. But whatever. A real shame we didnt get to see Cisco use his power

Ekeke

Am i right in saying that in eddie killing himself should reset the original time paradox and barrys mother should be alive

Yes you are right, thats what should happen. However they might coat over that and carry on as per normal, perhaps they could even justify it by saying that she would have died there normally. But yes it would seem to make more sense if that did actually change the timeline

Phurry

Furry Fecker
That villain Eddie, stealing Barry's spotlight! What a cunning bastard :lol: Well there you have it then, he was only ever a good guy just like he always suggested. I personally dislike characters completely dying never to be used again and that seems to be what happened with Wells. Eddie went through the wormhole, dead, I suppose its possible he could have arrived somewhere where he could be brought back to life but for now he's gone and he went out the hero. I thought it was a good episode, the scene with his mum was emotional even though her death was pretty bad... Saying goodbye, then instantly dying. But whatever. A real shame we didnt get to see Cisco use his power
That has to be the case, else nothing that constructed the timeline for the show would have existed. Without Eobard there could not have been STAR Labs, the explosion, the meta-humans, Barry's mother would never have been killed etc etc

Hoof the ball

Should be pointed out that.....

Wells mentioned that he was from 136 years into the future..... I'm pretty sure Wells is a 25th century resident

crimsonife

They chose the ending to close with a cliffhanger instead of a solid finish. I found it a very strong emotional episode.

Particularly the scenes with future Barry and his mom. Eddie killing himself like that was a shock and I don't undertand why they couldn't have whisked his body out of there as well. Obviously a device to bring him back somehow. I imagine Barry will end up on a different earth and once he returns find everything changed.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anyone got any thoughts on the
Jay Garrick helmet that rolled out of the wormhole?
Other than its cool as feck? Not really. Grant Gustin already said they plan on going into the
multiverse
. Thats just the beginning of it.

I expect to see the likes of wally west and bart alan in the show at some point.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Other than its cool as feck? Not really. Grant Gustin already said they plan on going into the
multiverse
. Thats just the beginning of it.

I expect to see the likes of wally west and bart alan in the show at some point.
Yeah, me too. If Arrow can do different Green Arrows and hints to Arrows son, then multiple flashes is a real possibility.

I did like the sneaky future look we got when Barry started running into the speedforce. Specifically, the glimpse of
Caytlin as Killer Frost (with powers!)

Ekeke

Yeah, me too. If Arrow can do different Green Arrows and hints to Arrows son, then multiple flashes is a real possibility.

I did like the sneaky future look we got when Barry started running into the speedforce. Specifically, the glimpse of
Oh yeah, I was going to go back and rewatch the speedforce section again

Canon/Comic/Lore Spoils:
Yeah, Caitlin being Killer Frost is cool. I suggested that might be the case way back when the Flash characters first appeared on Arrow :

So we have a scene where a girl calls a guy Cisco...

Non-Green Arrow Comic Spoilers :

Then he mentions getting a bad vibe, just to force it down your throat. Yeah its Dc's Vibe. They also mentioned Arthur Light, Dr. Light. The girl "Caitlyn" could be Caitlyn Fairchild brought over from Wildstorm like Felicity Smoak was from Firestorm comics. I mean there are similarities, but its guesswork. However more likely it could be Caitlyn Snow, Killer Frost. I dont remember what she looks like before her change... or she could be nobody at all from the comics. There's also that possibility.

Felicity then tells Diggle that Barry Allen was moved to Star Labs. Which suggests Vibe and whoever the Caitlin girl is, will be part of The Flash's show.
Canon wise Frost is desperate to be around Firestorm for his warmth, time for her to get clingy... and homicidal...

Lastwolf

In theory, yeah.
The whole finale didn't make a lot of sense, the laws of how time travel works hasn't been defined within the show, I mean I don't expect it to be adhering to a strict science/logical code more of a, we get to reset our world a bit shutup code.

There's some cracking star trek-esque science bullshit this episode.

The blackhole that's destroying the city is super dangerous because it has a energy of 6.7 Terra electron volts, which sounds like alot but is 2 calories of energy. Physicist Caitlyn Snow, doesn't know what a singularity is.

I liked it, the silver age falsh helmet coming out of the time vortex was pro.

I'm excited for season 2 cause that ending was like WHAT? HOW?

which is perfect really, despite the flaws.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
In theory, yeah.
The whole finale didn't make a lot of sense, the laws of how time travel works hasn't been defined within the show, I mean I don't expect it to be adhering to a strict science/logical code more of a, we get to reset our world a bit shutup code.

There's some cracking star trek-esque science bullshit this episode.

The blackhole that's destroying the city is super dangerous because it has a energy of 6.7 Terra electron volts, which sounds like alot but is 2 calories of energy. Physicist Caitlyn Snow, doesn't know what a singularity is.

I liked it, the silver age falsh helmet coming out of the time vortex was pro.

I'm excited for season 2 cause that ending was like WHAT? HOW?

which is perfect really, despite the flaws.
This had me doing this!

Lastwolf

Yeah, I understood it why it was in the script, to be a helpful pointer for the audience who might not know, but comeon Joe was in the room, Iris and Eddie could have been there to act the layman.

Sylar

That was the only thing that annoyed me about that episode. It was like they thought we dont have anything for her, so give her that line. It really shouldnt have been her asking that :lol

Other than that, awesome finale. Not sure why people found it boring. I loved the struggle Barry had to face, keep it as it is or go back, save his mum but change the future (and possibly lose all relationships he had).

The whole thing was a lot of fun tbh. The wormhole reopened cos Eddie died right? Eddie dies, so Thawne isnt born, thus cant kill the other Wells nor Barrys mum, which means he doesnt become Flash?

Loved the little things they added, like seeing the future, with the clip used from the trailer from Legends of Tomorrow and of course:

Also liked how they explained how Cisco can remember things from a different timeline.

I dont mind them ending on a cliffhanger. Only thing I hate is the wait until the next season. Aghhh.

WelshManc

Her not knowing what a singularity is actually made me cringe.
I have to agree with everyone who didn't like this bit, they should of got another character, maybe Joe, to question what a singularity is, for her character not to know what it was is strange.

Epic episode though, can't wait for season 2 now, easily my favourite show at the moment.

reelworld

There's also a glimpse of the Flash museum

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Caitlin isn't a physicist, but yeah she should have known what a singularity is. I get a character asking for the sake of explaining to the audience, but I wish they'd had another character like Joe ask.

As for the finale, I liked some parts of it lot, especially the emotional scene with Barry's mom However I don't like time travel stories that don't clearly define the rules of time travel and it's effects. As great as it was to see Eddie be the hero and sacrifice himself to save the day, the Back To The Future-esque consequences had me scratching my head; wouldn't that reset the whole timeline? Fair enough that Eobard Thawn would never exist, but then he would never go back in time, so the timeline of the whole tv show wouldn't exist either because it's set in motion by Thawn. There was a lot of that type of confusion this episode. Hoping that Lord and Miller try to avoid this kinda stuff when they write Ezra Miller's film right.

Still, I've enjoyed this first season, and I hoping moving forward they do more to define time travel, it's consequences, and how the multiverse works.

Sylar

Well tbf, they have further seasons to explain the rules of the timetravel. The second blackhole occurring is probably the very reason, because the universe is trying to correct things that dont make sense (paraodox of the killer not being born, hence the person not dying, thus if that timeline doesnt exist Eddie is actually alive, which means if hes alive, Eoboard does get born, etc).

Only 5 months to go.
"only" you say lol. Granted, less than usual 9 month wait, that some shows have. Bleh lol

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Decent show. Too "flimsy" and light hearted for me to really love personally, but I do watch it and enjoy it as a filler.

I prefer darker, grittier tv. Hence I absolutely loved Daredevil. Regardless, looking forward to season 2.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Decent show. Too "flimsy" and light hearted for me to really love personally, but I do watch it and enjoy it as a filler.

I prefer darker, grittier tv. Hence I absolutely loved Daredevil. Regardless, looking forward to season 2.
I enjoyed both shows for different reasons (the ones you mentioned basically). It's funny because I wasn't very optimistic at the beginning.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I enjoyed both shows for different reasons (the ones you mentioned basically). It's funny because I wasn't very optimistic at the beginning.
Yeah man, surprisingly I've watched the whole season - which in itself means the show is pretty good!

My preference though is grittier, darker stuff though. A wee bit more violence etc. But it's a good show.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah man, surprisingly I've watched the whole season - which in itself means the show is pretty good!

My preference though is grittier, darker stuff though. A wee bit more violence etc. But it's a good show.
Daredevil was truly awesome. The leading actor was just perfect.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I don't think many were, I certainly wasn't. It's one reason I'm willing to give cheesy Supergirl the benefit of the doubt.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I don't think many were, I certainly wasn't. It's one reason I'm willing to give cheesy Supergirl the benefit of the doubt.
Not sure she's so cheesy, but she would be if I got my hands on her.
Sexist. Sorry girls.