Gaming The Last Of Us

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wish I could forget I've played this and play it again. It really was very fun.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I wish I could forget I've played this and play it again. It really was very fun.
Same here, it was a brilliant experience.

I've just traded it into CeX for £27, which isn't bad at all... but I can definitely see myself playing through this again in 3 or 4 years time, on some PS4 network version. Hopefully I'll have forgotten soem of the little plot details and what not by then... doubt it though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Playing this through a second time and it's now definitely my favourite game ever. 'Winter' has to be one of the best levels I've played.

vanthaman

Winner
Same here, it was a brilliant experience.

I've just traded it into CeX for £27, which isn't bad at all... but I can definitely see myself playing through this again in 3 or 4 years time, on some PS4 network version. Hopefully I'll have forgotten soem of the little plot details and what not by then... doubt it though.
You're gonna miss out on the single player DLC

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You're gonna miss out on the single player DLC
True, but I've never played any DLC of any game before, so why break the habit of a lifetime.

My attitude towards DLC is, if it was important enough, it'd be in the game anyway... I realise this doesn't always fly, but yeah.

walsh

Just finished it. All I can say is wow. Amazing game, goes right up there with my favourites of all time. The sad thing is that I hardly ever replay games, especially ones as story driven as this.

Hal9000

Has anyone looked at there stats from the first play through? I died 98 times, so not sure how well i'll do if i replay through on Survivor.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My story mode stats:

Killed - 587
Died - 103 (Do not remember dying that many times)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Only started this last night so I haven't looked at any other posts for fear of spoilers but at the very beginning of the game...

Holy shit, when Joel's daughter died, that was heart-breaking :(.

I haven't gone too far in it, my save said I'm 11% done but I'm loving it so far.

walsh

Only started this last night so I haven't looked at any other posts for fear of spoilers but at the very beginning of the game...

Holy shit, when Joel's daughter died, that was heart-breaking :(.

I haven't gone too far in it, my save said I'm 11% done but I'm loving it so far.

I envy you, I hate that I've finished it.

Count Orduck

Borrowing this from a friend tonight since he's finished it and is now going on holiday for a week. Is it short enough to finish in a week with average playing time? I've not turned on my PS3 in literally months, it'll be nice to boot it up again.

vanthaman

Winner
Borrowing this from a friend tonight since he's finished it and is now going on holiday for a week. Is it short enough to finish in a week with average playing time? I've not turned on my PS3 in literally months, it'll be nice to boot it up again.
Took me 18 hours on hard

Member 39557

There are no fat ps3 issues, there was an issue with the first patch but that was sorted the same day, mines a 60gb ps3 and it was fine
Cool, I thought that was why Solius' PS3 kept shutting down?

I might pick this up soon then, my PS3 has been limited to movie playing duties for ages.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Fantastic game, only been playing it for about 5 hours but it's comfortably in my top 5 of all time already

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
:( Heart wrenching game. Really strong story to it, playing never feels tedious, always advancing the story. Great characters.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Total kills: 554
Total deaths: 80

Play time: 13:28:50

On hard.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm absolutely loving this, one of my favourite games ever. I love how the relationship between Ellie and Joel is developing, I just did a part when after coming out of the hotel, where Ellie saved Joel's life, Ellie is given a gun and there's a brief interaction where he teaches here how to load a shot, then more or less finally says thanks to her for saving his life, and goes off. It's not much, but it's well done and it creates a real bonding between the characters. I really like their conversations as you're going through the game as well. Brilliant, brilliant game.

Hal9000

PS4 version Naughty Dog please.
Personally hope it does not get a sequel, the ending was perfect imho.

Maybe revisit the world they have created, with other characters, but even then what can they really do with it? Another journey from a to b for some reason?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Nah was just teasing you. I think it's superb, I agree that are a few minor AI issues (the fact Ellie can walk out in front of enemies and provoke no reaction is weird), but it's a beautiful game which I feel completely invested in. I've rarely had this kind of experience with a video game (but, to be perfectly honest, I'm not much of a gamer, so my opinion is worth what it's worth).

EvilChuck

Nah was just teasing you. I think it's superb, I agree that are a few minor AI issues (the fact Ellie can walk out in front of enemies and provoke no reaction is weird), but it's a beautiful game which I feel completely invested in. I've rarely had this kind of experience with a video game (but, to be perfectly honest, I'm not much of a gamer, so my opinion is worth what it's worth).

That isnt an AI issue, that was by design. If you were getting caught every time you tried to act stealthily because she doesnt stay glued to your back you'd be pissed off, and they tried to make it more of a stealthy game than an all out free for fall

Hitchcocker

Holy shit, this game is tense as feck. I had to put it down just to calm myself down that this is just a game. The entire Winter section is fan-fecking-tastic. I am at the Underground tunnel. Anyone know how long more I've got before I reach the end?

vanthaman

Winner
Holy shit, this game is tense as feck. I had to put it down just to calm myself down that this is just a game. The entire Winter section is fan-fecking-tastic. I am at the Underground tunnel. Anyone know how long more I've got before I reach the end?
Not too long, you've got about 2 things to do

Leg-End

Just finished it too, haven't dared to look in this thread since I started.

Masterpiece in gaming. This is the pinnacle right here, I don't think anyone can really give this game the justice it deserves in writing, you have to play it to find out how great it is. If you have a PS3 then buy this game immediately, if you don't then buy a PS3 for it.

Naughty Dog are amazing.

Hard to believe that creepy feck David is voiced by Nolan North, Mr Nathan Drake himself.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Hard to believe that creepy feck David is voiced by Nolan North, Mr Nathan Drake himself.

Wow didn't know this! And Joel is voiced by the guy who does DeWitt's character in Bioshock Infinite.

I keep thinking about this game (Last of Us), it's really going to stay with me. The music especially is harrowing.

Leg-End

The soundtrack is brilliant too isn't it, the whole game has just been nailed to perfection.

That giraffe scene too, when the game just lets you stare at them in the distance, I think I just looked around that whole scene and took it all in for a good 10 minutes.