Gaming The Last Of Us

Cina

I'm not very good at persisting with things though, unless it's Nani. I don't know what to do...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's definitely not a steaming pile of shit. I still enjoyed playing what I've played so far (not much) but it does feel like I'm just following a path they've set for me. Very linear.

Cina

It's definitely not a steaming pile of shit. I still enjoyed playing what I've played so far (not much) but it does feel like I'm just following a path they've set for me. Very linear.
that's a shame, I assumed it'd be pretty open world.
Better or worse then the new Tomb Raider? 'Cos I fecking loved that game.
Yeah, the new TR is stupidly good, best adventure game I've played in years.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
First couple of hours are cack. Picking up now but it's not anywhere near as good as the hype train / reviews will have you think. 7.5/10 so far. Half way through so I imagine I'll end up giving it an 8/10.

OJKernow

I was really looking forward to getting this game but not liking the look of some of the opinions in here.

I guess it comes down to what you want from a game, as a big Uncharted fan I'm hoping I'll enjoy this. Uncharted is a pretty easy, linear game but I still had a lot of fun playing it and getting caught up in the storyline. I can imagine if you were expecting huge open worlds to explore on your own then you'd be disappointed.

I still think I'll get this when I get paid next weekend.

vanthaman

Winner
I was really looking forward to getting this game but not liking the look of some of the opinions in here.

I guess it comes down to what you want from a game, as a big Uncharted fan I'm hoping I'll enjoy this. Uncharted is a pretty easy, linear game but I still had a lot of fun playing it and getting caught up in the storyline. I can imagine if you were expecting huge open worlds to explore on your own then you'd be disappointed.

I still think I'll get this when I get paid next weekend.
I was expecting it to be exactly like uncharted but with zombies

shaggy

Yup pretty much. If you're an Uncharted fan you'll like this. I love Uncharted too (apart from the 3rd) but I was expecting something different.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone else have the 'auto save' bug? Just started the story and I have the fecking glitch :(

Not going to play until they fix it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'd say not as good as TR so far, I also loved tomb raider

I was also expecting the game to be somewhat open world, but once you go through an area you can't go back
Thats the same as Uncharted, used to piss me off. Loved that in TR you could backtrack

shaggy

Actually my game is now broken. Can't progress any more unless I want to complete the game in one sitting and I am not starting this save all over again.

shaggy

Nope it's every PS3. Can't believe this shit gets through testing.

Either it gets fixed asap or I'm returning it.

ha_rooney

I keep saving mid checkpoint anyway have about 4 save games on the go I keep overwriting
I can't even do that. It just freezes up at the beginning everytime when they all get in the car to leave. I'm right at the start so didn't lose much progress but this is very annoying.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My plan all day has been to trade in Tomb Raider & Dead Island Riptide (didn't enjoy it at all) +99p for this at Game...

I'm not so sure now... bastard underwhelming games!

shaggy

Mine managed to un-freeze itself. Very lucky. Am going to keep 2 save files going now.

ha_rooney

A possible fix to the autosave glitch may be to play the game in offline mode (sign out of PSN). I've tried that and so far it's not got stuck as it did before.

walsh

Played for about 90 mins today, game seems to be running fine *touch wood* on my fat ps3 and the autosave bug is definitely now fixed. In terms of the game itself, it's been pretty slow paced so far but quite intriguing and I feel that the cover system (or lack of) is interesting and is similar to Tomb Raider. It feels a bit more natural than the Uncharted system and the gunplay also feels more satisfying in my opinion. The hand to hand is alright, nothing ground breaking but uses a similar system to Uncharted in terms of Square x3 to punch, triangle to counter etc. The atmosphere and sound is fantastic, as is the musical score to this point. I'm playing on Hard because I want it to feel like a genuine struggle to survive and the lack of ammo is refreshing compared to the usual shooters where you have more than you can possibly carry. However, it does seem a bit daft when someone is shooting at you, you kill them and there is no ammo to be found. The game has a lot of potential, excited to progress further.

ha_rooney

Played about 20% so far. Really enjoying it, although the AI is stupid. They let the companions walk right past them without noticing and only focus attention on me. Also not picking up ammo from dead guys is a bit silly.

As others have said, the atmosphere and music is brilliant.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I wanted to ask about the music, I was really excited when I saw it was Gustavo Santaolalla who was in charge, I love his stuff and especially the score he wrote for The Motorcycle Diaries. Glad to hear it's one of the positive aspects of the game!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I decided to pick it up in the end. Thought the prologue was pretty fantastic... my hopes are high!

shaggy

I've completed it and it's probably one of my biggest gaming disappointments. Still a solid game but with the hype and reviews it was getting I really was expecting something special. Not sure if I can be arsed to replay it on survivor mode.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Luckily I watched the walkthrough on youtube before buying, didn't look that great.

Hal9000

Personally i love it, think it's great. Playing it on hard and the tension and atmosphere really strikes home.

Only annoyance is that, once again your "sidekick/s" are largely ignored by enemies. Kinda of spoils it when your trying to walk through a room in silence to avoid the clickers, and thunderfoot bill comes storming past without rousing anything from the enemy A.I/

Hitchcocker

I agree with Hal. When I am sneaking through a room with enemies, they ignore the girl walking right in front of them. The prologue has got to be the best intro to a video game I've ever seen. Fantastic stuff.

Will we have a RedCafe faction for MP?

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Having just finished Metro: last light, i have to say i am slightly underwhelmed after all the hype about this game. Atmosphere and tension wise i have been completely spoiled by Metro although The Last of Us is still a solid game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm 11% in so far and feelin underwhelmed. The prologue was fantastic, but so far it's not been as good as I thought it would be. Still a solid game, mind.

vanthaman

Winner
I've heard from a few people who have played it for more than 8/9 hours and they're saying its fantastic

Hitchcocker

I've played 7 hours and it picks up in Pittsburgh. The Lincoln level was really draggy imho.