Film The Matrix Resurrections

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I watched the first one whilst tripping on Mushrooms in my mates flat many years ago. It blew me away. Let’s just say it was an experience. Can’t wait for this to come out.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I quite like that trailer actually. Even though the whole thing is obvious (I mean they've already explained how this could happen with the OG trilogy) and clearly doing TFA levels of promising a good reboot with familiarity that will ultimately lead down a disappointing path.

Memberberries are a powerful drug.

Suv666

White Rabbit is such a perfect song for Matrix.
Looking forward to it even though I'm convinced it'll be shite.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really like that trailer, to be honest. Was very skeptical about this movie, but that trailer got me excited. The first movie is one of my favorites of all time. Remember so vividly watching it for the first time when my mate gave me it on VHS. Good times.

I'm also one of those weirdos who really liked Reloaded...

Redlambs

I really like that trailer, to be honest. Was very skeptical about this movie, but that trailer got me excited. The first movie is one of my favorites of all time. Remember so vividly watching it for the first time when my mate gave me it on VHS. Good times.

I'm also one of those weirdos who really liked Reloaded...
I stand by my opinion that Reloaded would have been seen as a decent film if the third was at least OK. It expanded the universe, but still had enough cool Matrix shit to fit.

The third being ridiculously trash made it pointless. It's kind of like how season 8 of GOT made 5-7 utterly worthless to watch again.

Redlambs

Oh and I fully expect Larry and Agent Smith to make some kind of appearance in this, if not it's definitely a TFA thing of teasing them for the sequel.

No way Fishbourne wasn't even asked and Weaving was "too busy".

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I stand by my opinion that Reloaded would have been seen as a decent film if the third was at least OK. It expanded the universe, but still had enough cool Matrix shit to fit.

The third being ridiculously trash made it pointless. It's kind of like how season 8 of GOT made 5-7 utterly worthless to watch again.
Yeah, the third one...dear me. I've actually watched the third one a few times thinking it would click at some point. But no, it didn't.

But while Reloaded is nowhere near as good as the first (obviously), it's still wildly entertaining. I don't care what anyone says.

Chairman Steve

First Matrix is a masterpiece. Second Matrix had cool action scenes and mediocre story. Third Matrix was like Star Wars prequel bad.

I am hoping the fourth one goes the way of Mad Max Fury Road where everyone thinks it’s going to suck but ends up being a masterpiece out of nowhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Agree with this.

Zen86

The story looks intriguing. An ageing Keanu Reeves battles with senility and fights the Matrix in his head.

0le

I think they are doing a prequel to the first Matrix, where the "original one" - which is old Neo - led the first group of survivors outside of the matrix along with a young Morpheus and what we discover is that the whole cycle is just going to repeat.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Watching that part of the trailer where they "fly" in the mind fields, everything looking sharp and high rez...made me think. The special effects limitations of the first one actually worked in its favour, as "less" ends up being "more". More character development, more mystery. Now it's just - there it is, watch it. I don't know. Seemed dull to me, maybe because I already know the original so well and this looks like a modern rehash.

Watch it now be the best film ever made.

hungrywing

Well, I mean it's called Resurrections, and you'd assume from the way Revolutions ended, that the Matrix simulation restarted yet another time.

And Neo, you know from the 3rd movie,
died.

So his resurrection: was he uploaded back into the Matrix? There's no guarantee that he knows who he really is in this movie.

So maybe they'll be using part of the movie to make a point out of how the simulation runs through a similar pattern of events, before branching out.
Storytelling principles-wise, there's one - and only one - aspect they can mine for a "better" story than oh-look-Keanu-Reeves-is-Neo-in-another-layer/iteration-of-t3h-M4t2iX-aren't-we-clever-b00m-|300M-POW-it (first trilogy)-was-all-just-a-dream.

Sylar

Trailer looked visually great.. I'll watch most likely in the cinema

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It really needs you-know-who to make the Agents feel like more than just cannon fodder, otherwise I'm not sure who the Big Bad Guy in this movie is going to be. Unless it's the cat at the start of the trailer. I have a black cat and she's a total cnut, but I also love her. Even though she's a total cnut, which she is, because she's a total cnut.

But, yeah, I'm sure I just saw all of the epic moments from the movie in that trailer, and Neo/Trinity will count for thirty minutes of screen time while the two new folk fight against some boring antagonist who turns out to be a sentient Atari 5200, or Neo learns a lesson about having intercourse with cookies or something.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They literally just replaced Morpheus with a younger black guy.

Fishburne has been in most of the John Wick films with Keanu, wonder why he isn't in this.
Maybe due to the fact that this Morpheus will need to do a bunch of action scenes and Laurence Fishburne wasn't able to lose the weight required to do this? I'm just guessing but in an interview, he said that he ahs no clue why Lana Wychowski didn't invite him.

I just saw the trailer and expected a "Mr. Anderson..." at the end. That would have been dope!

Sweet Square

They literally just replaced Morpheus with a younger black guy.

Fishburne has been in most of the John Wick films with Keanu, wonder why he isn't in this.
He is dead!

I'm expecting him to show up in the movie at some point.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
This is gonna be unreal on IMAX. Just a couple months after DUNE too.

With zese Rocher, they are really spoiling us!

Simbo

Looksl like some kind of parody, or one of those fan made youtube trailers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is gonna be unreal on IMAX. Just a couple months after DUNE too.

With zese Rocher, they are really spoiling us!
I watched Interstellar at Sydney IMAX which is like a 120ft screen or something. What a complete waste if time that was, you could barely see the whole screen it was so big and I was in the bottom right corner and it was mostly Matthew McConaughey’s jaw for 2 hours.

I don’t get the appeal, it’s all about perspective, how close you sit and the image quality.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The Matrix trilogy are my favourite films of all time. Im not expecting this 4th film to do them any justice. Why didn't they just leave it there?! Im hoping im completely wrong, it will be visually spectacular no doubt, but i hope the whole thing is epic and i can eat my words but i just can't imagine it being as good.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I watched Interstellar at Sydney IMAX which is like a 120ft screen or something. What a complete waste if time that was, you could barely see the whole screen it was so big and I was in the bottom right corner and it was mostly Matthew McConaughey’s jaw for 2 hours.

I don’t get the appeal, it’s all about perspective, how close you sit and the image quality.
Yeah, if i can't get seats 2/3rds-3/4ths of the way back in dead centre, I just don't bother and I 'm amazed that people do time and time again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why is Weaving and Fishbourne not in this. Massively disappointing. Iconic characters.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is Weaving and Fishbourne not in this. Massively disappointing. Iconic characters.
It's best to move on and create a new chapter in some ways. I like they are not carrying over too much nostalgia from the original trilogy.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Maybe try not sitting in a shitty place? The appeal is obvious, if you're sat in a good spot (just as with any theater), it's gonna look and sound amazing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I liked the 2nd as well. It wasn't the masterpiece that the original was, but a lot of fun. 3 was pure trash.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe try not sitting in a shitty place? The appeal is obvious, if you're sat in a good spot (just as with any theater), it's gonna look and sound amazing.
So it’s only good for people who sit in the centre seats at the back and it’s generally known that its a shit experience otherwise?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I think I read that Weaving was done with the character a while back, while Fishburne probably doesn't have it in him to pull off the no-doubt extensive fight scenes. Reeves has proved himself still well capable of that in the Wicks.