The MMA thread

Luke1995

He's that guy that always looks solid but suddenly loses out of nowhere.

When you lack the brash personality, unfortunately the only chance of moving up is getting a killer win streak (like Usman did), Dariush always loses suddenly and has to start again.
Yeah... I don't think he's losing this one though. If he does... he'll never be a top contender then.

I'm more pumped for that fight than the main event.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
:lol: True that. Was a great line, and even Dana almost shat himself (because Tony nailed it).

Tony also single-handedly got Dana to raise tonight's bonuses from 50k to 75k.

I'm hoping he performs tonight just as good as at the presser.
Loved seeing him and Olives taking selfies when Chandler was talking :lol:

ZupZup

I’d love to see Oliveira win the title but I just have a sneaky feeling that Chandler gets the K.O. Both likeable fighters though... hopefully the fight goes to ground because that will be really interesting to see Chandler’s wrestling against Oliveira’s BJJ.

Really looking forwards to Ferguson and Dariush too... I hope Ferguson can roll the clock back a bit but my head is saying Dariush by decision.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’d love to see Oliveira win the title but I just have a sneaky feeling that Chandler gets the K.O. Both likeable fighters though... hopefully the fight goes to ground because that will be really interesting to see Chandler’s wrestling against Oliveira’s BJJ.

Really looking forwards to Ferguson and Dariush too... I hope Ferguson can roll the clock back a bit but my head is saying Dariush by decision.
Chandler looked great against Hooker but he doesn't really have any respectable wins before that in Bellator, so its hard to gauge what's going to happen.

kidbob

I want Charles to win but fancy Chandler. In saying that the longer it goes then I'll fancy Charles. From what I've seen Chandler likes to use his wrestling to kind of rest in the later rounds and that is suicide against Charles who will never let you rest on the ground. I still reckon Chandler catches him early enough though.

I'll go against the grain here, it seems. I want Dariush to win but I reckon Tony will get the job done. I don't think he's the fighter he was before but I think he still has enough for the likes of Dariush (who is a very good fighter, don't get me wrong).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Chandler looked great against Hooker but he doesn't really have any respectable wins before that in Bellator, so its hard to gauge what's going to happen.
The interesting thing for me is that Chandler has never been submitted and that is Oliviera biggest weapon.

Really pumped for it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The interesting thing for me is that Chandler has never been submitted and that is Oliviera biggest weapon.

Really pumped for it.
Agreed. Chandler will be hard to submit because he comes from wrestling and has a stocky build. But if there were one person to do it, it would be Oliveira.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Stylistically, I see Chandler as similar to Kevin Lee. Powerful striker who prefers to keep things standing up.

mu4c_20le

I want Charles to win but fancy Chandler. In saying that the longer it goes then I'll fancy Charles. From what I've seen Chandler likes to use his wrestling to kind of rest in the later rounds and that is suicide against Charles who will never let you rest on the ground. I still reckon Chandler catches him early enough though.

I'll go against the grain here, it seems. I want Dariush to win but I reckon Tony will get the job done. I don't think he's the fighter he was before but I think he still has enough for the likes of Dariush (who is a very good fighter, don't get me wrong).
I love Tony but he's 37 now, and it's not uncommon at all to see fighters decline hard after being at the top. Dariush is on a roll as well. Would surprise me if he can pull it off against a guy with solid cardio.

Also gonna go out on a limb here.. Chandler takes him down, and keeps him down.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ferguson: "I slammed my student, broke his ribs."

Dariush: "That's a dick move bud. Why would you do that?"

Ferguson: "Because he told me to."

What the feck :lol:

kidbob

I love Tony but he's 37 now, and it's not uncommon at all to see fighters decline hard after being at the top. Dariush is on a roll as well. Would surprise me if he can pull it off against a guy with solid cardio.

Also gonna go out on a limb here.. Chandler takes him down, and keeps him down.
I just have a feeling that Tony has enough in the tank for a fight like this (a very good opponent but not the very best) but I can definitely see it for Dariush too.

I honestly don't think Chandler wants any of Charles on the ground. I know wrestling is the natural counter to BJJ but its still a massive risk against a guy like Charles. Plus I think Chandler has the advantage on the feet. Charles showed against Lee that he is super hard to keep down because he will force scrambles at every chance. Again you could be right!

The fact that the two main fights are so unpredictable makes this a great event! Enjoy!

kidbob

Right lads I'm going to try to do this. Not long off of a 12 hour shift but I really want to watch this live! Plus my girlfriend and daughter are at her mothers so its my best chance yet! I'm predicting I make it to the start of the main card :lol:!

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
@kidbob Tony has a clear path to victory vs Dariush. Volume (punches and kicks). Both these guys like to block punches with their faces, so being first and being active is important. Time for Tony to put to work his legendary cardio and drag Dariush into the deep waters. I can see a late finish for Tony or a decision victory.

Dariush has a tremendous left hook that could KO Tony for sure. I think that's how he wins if it goes his way.

I'm not ready to agree that Tony is completely done. His last 2 fights, were both at short notice, against 2 guys you need time to prepare.

Now he is fighting with a full training camp, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

kidbob

@kidbob Tony has a clear path to victory vs Dariush. Volume (punches and kicks). Both these guys like to block punches with their faces, so being first and being active is important. Time for Tony to put to work his legendary cardio and drag Dariush into the deep waters. I can see a late finish for Tony or a decision victory.

Dariush has a tremendous left hook that could KO Tony for sure. I think that's how he wins if it goes his way.

I'm not ready to agree that Tony is completely done. His last 2 fights, were both at short notice, against 2 guys you need time to prepare.

Now he is fighting with a full training camp, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.
I'm with you on this mate! Plus as much as I like Dariush I don't think he is on the level of Charles or Justin. Its not like Tony lost to scrubs.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You got it? Haven't actually tried to do a pm before :lol:
Yep brilliant mate, many thanks :D I think it’s on BT from 1am? Who knows. We’re at the time of the night where I was training this morning, I’ve eaten shitloads tonight....and I’m not really sure what’s on where at what time :lol:

kidbob

Yep brilliant mate, many thanks :D I think it’s on BT from 1am? Who knows. We’re at the time of the night where I was training this morning, I’ve eaten shitloads tonight....and I’m not really sure what’s on where at what time :lol:
I used to get BT for free with my internet but thats ended so now I have to sail the seas! That site works perfect for me for every card if you ever need it! I'm pretty sure the main card is 3am British time. You may need to go to a new link on that site under 'UFC' for each changeover! Enjoy!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I used to get BT for free with my internet but thats ended so now I have to sail the seas! That site works perfect for me for every card if you ever need it! I'm pretty sure the main card is 3am British time. You may need to go to a new link on that site under 'UFC' for each changeover! Enjoy!
Cheers. If I can get the french Top14 on it I owe you something....that stuffs rocking horse shit in the U.K. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What time is the prelims? I can't believe I have to ration 18 cans of beer to get to main event. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I usually have 12. 18 is going overboard but I'm drinking Carlberg and whilst it goes down easy, it doesn't make you very drunk at all.

The hangover will suck ass tomorrow though.