The MMA thread

Charlie Foley

Not sure that was really an eye poke. Maybe I’m being extra suspicious since Usman grabbing gloves and cage

Usman striking looks good.Wonder is altitude affecting Edwards

Charlie Foley

Usman too good to cheat this much man.

Edwards pointless unless something wild happens

EDIT I hit you all with the ol reverse jinx :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

That was crazy. He looked a shadow of Usman and resigned to the decision loss and then that kick ends him the welterweight title and ends Kamaru's streak.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Got Edwards over Usman. As much as Usman is rated and the stratospheric improvements in his striking, Edwards is a consummate fighter, one who is dull and dish water but destined to be a champ, and a dominant one at that.

As long as he keeps his fingers out of eyes... I think he'll piece up an Usman who will try to stand-up with him until he realises the gulf there still is in striking is as apparent as ever. If he goes for wrestling as a secondary resort, it'll already be too late for him.

Think it goes the distance or there's a real extreme KO via a kick to the head on Usman's right side.
Yeah, I'm self-quoting.

But, Edwards really needs to believe in himself more; he's a long-standing champion in the making and he needs to go out there from the first bell with that conviction and belief.

That kick was available from the 3rd, but he simply wouldn't let his limbs go until he literally had to,

Dana is going to make things as difficult as humanly possible for him; will be like a kumite! :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Who should be next if no rematch?

Colby or Jorge (and the chance for payback for the 3 piece and a soda)?

Jorge would be Leon's best chance to make money and defend the title.