The MMA thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Nikita Krylov vs. Misha Cirkunov for UFC 206... Gonna be a belter. Could even setup the next LHW contender considering the state of that division...

Adcuth

Why the feck is 204 on at a US time when it's in the UK. Bit of a joke that like. So people attending the event are gonna be there till like 7am? Or is it not going out live?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So people attending the event are gonna be there till like 7am?
Well maybe not quite that late but yeah main card literally starts at 3am UK time. Might be a slight advantage to Henderson there, assuming he's been training in the US and Bisping has been training here?

Although you'd assume Mike would have been adapting his body to it in the run up if so.

Oggmonster

Excuse me? I think you'll find he soundly defeated the longest reigning WWE Champion of the modern era.
That's true, forgot about that one!

Quite happy with this, should be a good match. Is this thread safe again after all that McGregor uproar?

Looking forward to this weekends card, although I must admit that it's a bit much at times now, with an event each weekend.
If it's any consolation there's about a month inbetween 204 and RDS vs. Ferguson so nice break there.

Adcuth

Well maybe not quite that late but yeah main card literally starts at 3am UK time. Might be a slight advantage to Henderson there, assuming he's been training in the US and Bisping has been training here?

Although you'd assume Mike would have been adapting his body to it in the run up if so.
Main event normally goes on about half 5-6 though. Not the best way to endear the company to the British public is it. Don't seem why it wouldn't be on at our time if they want to put the event on here

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Main event normally goes on about half 5-6 though. Not the best way to endear the company to the British public is it. Don't seem why it wouldn't be on at our time if they want to put the event on here
Yeah it's an odd one. UK events in the past have been UK friendly haven't they?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why the feck is 204 on at a US time when it's in the UK. Bit of a joke that like. So people attending the event are gonna be there till like 7am? Or is it not going out live?
The PPV money is made in the US so it has to be on at a time where you US PPV audiences will watch.

Manny

Grammar Police

Apparently his missus is giving birth to a little johnny come lately if this guy is to be believed
I expect 'Little Johnny come lately' to fight Aldo, Edgar and Holloway before Conor does.

The PPV money is made in the US so it has to be on at a time where you US PPV audiences will watch.
Really, this is the only way the UK can get the big title fights. If it isn't a success, the UK will go back to having Leben and Munoz headlining...

Oggmonster

I expect 'Little Johnny come lately' to fight Aldo, Edgar and Holloway before Conor does.

Really, this is the only way the UK can get the big title fights. If it isn't a success, the UK will go back to having Leben and Munoz headlining...
Probably, wonder how long it will take for people to say Conor Jr ruined MMA for everyone?;)

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Still a bit pissed that the main event won't start until 5am or even later. Would've tried to get a ticket to 204 if it was on at a reasonable time. I'll stay up and watch the whole card though. Some interesting fights there. Belfort and Mousasi should be a good scrap as should OSP and Manuwa. Bisping v Henderson is a fight I wasn't that hyped for. Would much rather see Bisping defend against Jacare, Weidman or even a rematch with Rockhold. It's just strange to have him make his first title defense against a guy who is ranked 13 when there's a lot of fighters more worthy of a shot. I suppose it is nice for the UFC to give Henderson a title shot in what should be his last fight. Hendo is a MMA legend I'm gonna' miss him when he finally retires. Not that bothered who wins out of him and Bisping.

Donut

feck Hendo, one of the dirtiest fighters around. I hope Bisping destroys him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still a bit pissed that the main event won't start until 5am or even later. Would've tried to get a ticket to 204 if it was on at a reasonable time. I'll stay up and watch the whole card though. Some interesting fights there. Belfort and Mousasi should be a good scrap as should OSP and Manuwa. Bisping v Henderson is a fight I wasn't that hyped for. Would much rather see Bisping defend against Jacare, Weidman or even a rematch with Rockhold. It's just strange to have him make his first title defense against a guy who is ranked 13 when there's a lot of fighters more worthy of a shot. I suppose it is nice for the UFC to give Henderson a title shot in what should be his last fight. Hendo is a MMA legend I'm gonna' miss him when he finally retires. Not that bothered who wins out of him and Bisping.
Seems like the fight is a reward for both Bisping and Henderson for years of service. One gets the rematch he wants at home as his first title defence, the other gets one last shot at the title before leaving. Kinda nice while being total bullshit at the same time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Best case scenario tomorrow is Hendo knocks him out and retires and Bisping gets fecked back off into mid table obscurity.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Seems like the fight is a reward for both Bisping and Henderson for years of service. One gets the rematch he wants at home as his first title defence, the other gets one last shot at the title before leaving. Kinda nice while being total bullshit at the same time.
Yeah that's the way I see it. Rankings are meaning less and less in the UFC now anyway.

I wonder what will happen then if Hendo wins and retires. Does Rockhold v Jacare become a title fight or does the winner of that fight face the winner of Weidman v Romero for the title.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What time will Bisping vs Henderson be approximately on at British time? 5am?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
4:30am alarm about right to catch the best of the main card?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
A perfect send off to Hendo's long career and Bisping being reinstated back to his natural place would be ideal, as it would allow Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, and Romero to duke it out.
I much prefer to see Bisping win and lose it fair and square to one of the others if they can beat him

Bisping is the rightful champ. Henderson really didn't deserve the shot although I get why they did it

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I much prefer to see Bisping win and lose it fair and square to one of the others if they can beat him

Bisping is the rightful champ. Henderson really didn't deserve the shot although I get why they did it
I agree that Hendo doesn't deserve a title fight and was critical of the idea well before it was confirmed. Likewise I also feel that Bisping improbably fluked his way to the belt after the Silva fight and the one off win against Rockhold, where both fighters didn't take the fights seriously.

Oggmonster

A perfect send off to Hendo's long career and Bisping being reinstated back to his natural place would be ideal, as it would allow Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, and Romero to duke it out.
Weren't you saying about drugs ruining the sport and undeserved title shots a few pages back?? Henderson is a known drug use and getting an undeserved title shot but that's fine. Surely you'd want Bisping to win for the good of the sport and a deserving opponent beat him?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Weren't you saying about drugs ruining the sport and undeserved title shots a few pages back?? Henderson is a known drug use and getting an undeserved title shot but that's fine. Surely you'd want Bisping to win for the good of the sport and a deserving opponent beat him?
Not unless there's evidence Henderson is on something now. In a perfect world Hendo will win so both of them can feck off once and for all and allow the grown ups to resume regular service in the division.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Exactly and let's look at some of the guys who have beaten Bisping and tell me what they have in common

Henderson
Chael Sonnen
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor

Bisping is as clean as you will get, and despite being far from the most talented really earned that title shot through years of graft. If rockhold didn't take him seriously, he was never a worthy champion in the first place.

Oggmonster

Not unless there's evidence Henderson is on something now. In a perfect world Hendo will win so both of them can feck off once and for all and allow the grown ups to resume regular service in the division.
Fair enough. I quite like Bisping and think fair fecks to him for getting the title, each to their own though...can see why people wouldn't like him.

Am looking forward to it tonight prob not cos an going as it's not the best card. Heading down soon but not gonna bother drinking so can imagine will see some sights with Bisping not on til 5!!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Exactly and let's look at some of the guys who have beaten Bisping and tell me what they have in common

Henderson
Chael Sonnen
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor

Bisping is as clean as you will get, and despite being far from the most talented really earned that title shot through years of graft. If rockhold didn't take him seriously, he was never a worthy champion in the first place.
How do you know he's clean ?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If Bisping wins he'll just face someone who will beat him next anyway. Either way it's a minor (though needless) detour before the division rights itself.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Bisping wins he'll just face someone who will beat him next anyway. Either way it's a minor (though needless) detour before the division rights itself.
This is why the Henderson fight was always such a farce. Two mid table fighters who bizarrely find themselves in a title fight.

justboy68

Bisping should win on paper but Hendo has a very real chance of landing a KO at any time. Rooting for Bisping as I've never really liked how Hendo routinely throws unnecessary strikes against already KO'd opponents. I'm feeling a bit nervous for Bisping as succumbing to another H-bomb seems like exactly the kind of thing the universe would do to be a sod.