The MMA thread

justboy68

Wasn't expecting that! Performance wise, I never usually enjoy Mousassi. Tonight he was an animal.
I quite enjoy him because of how well rounded he is. Sometimes fights too lackadaisically though so I know what you mean. Really showed killer instinct once he sensed blood tonight.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Part of me wants Bisping to win, but on the other hand, I want to see Hendo go out on top, but then again he did pose with a City shirt the other day the absolute filth. :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I quite enjoy him because of how well rounded he is. Sometimes fights too lackadaisically though so I know what you mean.
yep the guy is class. He usually play it safe, but in his last 2 fights he has come out to kill. Its a matter of time before we see him getting a title shot.

Sylar

Is this the earliest time a main event has gone on? Seems like every fight was short and lead to them both being out now. hmm

justboy68

Getting quite nervous now. Normally he's an underdog in the big fights so he doesn't have much to lose. Come on Mike!

justboy68

Well that's not a good start! Something about the way there two match up just seems bad for Bisping. A few years ago Hendo would have finished it there for sure.

Edit: Damn this is a fun fight though.

Last edited:

justboy68

Well certainly not what you'd call a convincing performance. Wasn't really thinking about the score so not sure what to expect from the judges. 48-47 either way probably.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Get in!! 49-46 is a bit wild but Bisping deserved winner for me.

Sylar

Theres always one judge that sees a different fight compared to the other two, hah

justboy68

Happy for him. But really he got away with it a bit tonight, in terms of damage it was clearly the other way. But scoring round wise then probably fair.

Most wins in UFC history, what a great lifetime accomplishment.

Pscholes18

Hendo was never going to get a decision in Manchester he would of had to ko Bisping. Second time Ive seen this bullshit. Unanimous decision is disrespectful and the third score was a fecking joke.

justboy68

Hendo was never going to get a decision in Manchester he would of had to ko Bisping. Second time Ive seen this bullshit.
You can't seriously think it was some kind of scandalous decision...
I wasn't really keeping score but the following is pretty clear:
1 - Clearly Hendo
2 - Bisping winning, but then Hendo gets big knockdown.
3 - Clearly Bisping
4 - Clearly Bisping
5 - Pretty even.

You can make a case for 48-47 Hendo's way but either way it's far from any sort of robbery. If fights were scored solely on damage then it would be a different story.

Pscholes18

Last time I saw Bisping fight in Manchester....not sure who it was against...he lost that one too but got a decision. Overall, good fight....Bisping is a tough bastard.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hendo was never going to get a decision in Manchester he would of had to ko Bisping. Second time Ive seen this bullshit.
Even if the scoring was slightly closer than what the judges decided, I still don't think it was enough. Even on a good day for Hendo, it would've been a split decision for Bisping. Too many volume - significant strikes throughout the 5 rounds.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well if Bisping is going to spend the next year running away from the likes of Rockhold and Weidman, then I would prefer he fight Mousasi next. Gegard would beat him imo.

justboy68

Well if Bisping is going to spend the next year running away from the likes of Rockhold and Weidman, then I would prefer he fight Mousasi next. Gegard would beat him imo.
It will certainly be the winner of one of the big upcoming fights next for Bisping. He can't call the shots to the same degree Conor can. This was a one time gift for him and Henderson both. I think it will be Jacare if he wins, if not then the winner of Romero-Weidman.

MoneyMay

Also, a single knockdown doesn't guarantee that you win the round after being out struck for most of it. It's conceivable that Bisping won four rounds.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
In PRIDE rules Henderson wins

he has many bs decision gone his way though.. mainly Allan Goes and Bustamante, so its ironic that Decision Dan's last fight goes this way

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ohh, you replying to someone? Can't see, might have me on ignore! :nervous:
No just making a random comment. Bisping is probably going to take some time off after that, so the next fights are going to be Weidman-Romero, Rockhold-Jacare, and probably Mousasi-Anderson Silva (later).

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Presser starting now.

1 fighter at a time with Mousasi up first.