The MMA thread

RedFish

Bisping should win on paper but Hendo has a very real chance of landing a KO at any time. Rooting for Bisping as I've never really liked how Hendo routinely throws unnecessary strikes against already KO'd opponents. I'm feeling a bit nervous for Bisping as succumbing to another H-bomb seems like exactly the kind of thing the universe would do to be a sod.
Yeah, that flying elbow in UFC100 was stupid and dangerous beyond belief. Tarnishes his reputation for me.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Bisping should win on paper but Hendo has a very real chance of landing a KO at any time. Rooting for Bisping as I've never really liked how Hendo routinely throws unnecessary strikes against already KO'd opponents. I'm feeling a bit nervous for Bisping as succumbing to another H-bomb seems like exactly the kind of thing the universe would do to be a sod.
Bisping comes in well prepared

The H-Bomb is the only thing he has to worry about. I think he will grind him out for 5 round and be good enough to avoid it

justboy68

FP Prelims starting now. Crowd sounds loud already.

Edit: Horrible fight to start the night. Next one should be much better though.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm out :( too tied, will watch in morn

Went out last night and not able to stay up late two nights running

justboy68

I'm out :( too tied, will watch in morn

Went out last night and not able to stay up late two nights running
Just be sure to avoid the news/internet in the morning. With it being a UK card there's a chance it gets some coverage.

Edit: Crazy slam in the Diakese fight. :lol:

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Excited for this, the worst cards always have the best fights :)
Just home from the pub, hope i'll be able to stay up for the rest of the fights :)

MoneyMay

Also props to Stasiak when he felt the tap... the referee was in a terrible position and missed the initial tap.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Man, Bektic is really promising there. His boxing and wrestling were both excellent right there, and he made a good decision persisting with the wrestling knowing that Doane would get tired and give in.

Grylte

I always root for what looks like the underdog, when i dont know the fighters...
I get disappointed alot :)

Last edited:

Grylte

Stupid that the event is American time...
Would be nice if us Europeans could watch an event that's not in the middle of the night...for once!

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Good chance to Manuwa to get back into the mix. I don't rate OSP that highly really. It's Possible.

I hope Manuwa has recover from the Johnson mauling though, mentally.

justboy68

I think Mousasi is gonna take this one.

Edit: And he does. Rumours are it could have been the last fight for Belfort. If so, it's not a great way to go out unfortunately. He should just have a showcase fight against some nobody on a Brazil card to retire on.

Last edited: