The MMA thread

Luke1995

Anyone else thinks Barber has a good chance of leaving PVZ in a pool of blood if she accepts that bout ? Paige's more concerned with social media followers these days

TheReligion

Abusive
Anyone else thinks Barber has a good chance of leaving PVZ in a pool of blood if she accepts that bout ? Paige's more concerned with social media followers these days
Yeah I don't really rate PvZ and think she's only as big a name as she is due to looks. Good heart, shit skills.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just saw this :lol:

Hell yeah! Kurt Angle :drool:

I love how the crowd chanted "you suck!" too. Just shows where all the wrestling fans have gone.

RedFish

Yeah I don't really rate PvZ and think she's only as big a name as she is due to looks. Good heart, shit skills.
She's got good technique compared to the most of the journey women MMA fighters and tougher than she looks but yeah when you earn more from Instagram than fighting, you can be forgiven for thinking fighting is her second job...

Santos J

Hardy replacing JdS vs Volkov in Moscow. Aldo vs Moraes & Faber vs Yan set for 245 on 14th Dec.

Oggmonster

Hardy replacing JdS vs Volkov in Moscow. Aldo vs Moraes & Faber vs Yan set for 245 on 14th Dec.
That doesn't seem a good fight for Faber although I suppose if he wins he'd probably get (another) title shot.

Aldo one is weird, he struggled making FW didn't he? And talk was he was going up to LW, seems odd to go down!

Ole90+3

McGregor confirmed he's back on 18th January 2020. He believes he'll fight the winner of Nate v Masvidal, then the winner of Tony v Khabib.

This lad is on something else.

He says he's off the booze, emphasising he's now living a structured life style - "bed at the same time, awake at the same time". You know, like most professional sportsmen.

Oggmonster

McGregor confirmed he's back on 18th January 2020. He believes he'll fight the winner of Nate v Masvidal, then the winner of Tony v Khabib.

He says he's off the booze, emphasising he's now living a structured life style - "bed at the same time, awake at the same time". You know, like most professional sportsmen.

Despite what Dana may say he is still the biggest name in UFC so if they're the fights he wants I imagine he'll get them. I think the winner of Nate vs. Masvidal is one the UFC will be massively interested in as it is the easiest way to get McGregor a "belt" and if Diaz wins it is a probably going to be the biggest UFC fight ever so it helps sell that.

Re the bolded bit I think plenty of athletes live that lifestyle during their season/training etc but I'm sure a lot enjoy themselves and have time off as well. Obviously they don't get up to the stuff McGregor does but I'm sure there's plenty that enjoy themselves.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He says he's off the booze, emphasising he's now living a structured life style - "bed at the same time, awake at the same time".
It’s what, ten days since the latest reports of a “famous Irish sportsman” out on the tear in Drimnagh again? Is that really enough time to start claiming a structured, booze-free lifestyle?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nevermind Conor and the booze; anyone going to ask him if he's off the coke?

How much does Conor get for a fight in the UFC these days? Is he on a % of the ppv?

RedFish

Why are we talking about that dickhead.:houllier:

Askren is going to make his long awaited debut this weekend at #UFCSingapore. (Lawler and Masvidal don't count duh!).

Last edited:

poleglass red

He was talking about his prep for the 2nd Diaz fight when he said "bed at the same time, awake at the same time". How could he doing that now when he's travelling around the world promoting whisky and online websites.

kidbob

So trace amounts of SARM found with Diaz and he's apparently not banned from the fight, so may go ahead. Nate was until today one of my favourite fighters but now I hope Masvidal destroys that juice monkey. Funny looking back at Nate's 'everyone's on steroids' shit against Conor now when he was juiced. Dana must really hate USADA at this point.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So trace amounts of SARM found with Diaz and he's apparently not banned from the fight, so may go ahead. Nate was until today one of my favourite fighters but now I hope Masvidal destroys that juice monkey. Funny looking back at Nate's 'everyone's on steroids' shit against Conor now when he was juiced. Dana must really hate USADA at this point.
What is SARM? Is it like a steroid or cannabis?

kidbob

What is SARM? Is it like a steroid or cannabis?
Apparently it's a safer version of anabolic steroids that give you less of the side effects because they target the desired effects better. Only taking thus info from the internet because I ain't no expert!

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Anyone watching Bellator?

Vicious knee to the balls just now.

Should have been a DQ loss for Hager in my opinion. That was the second knee he connected to the balls in less than a minute.

KanieKaned

Anyone watching Bellator?

Vicious knee to the balls just now.

Should have been a DQ loss for Hager in my opinion. That was the second knee he connected to the balls in less than a minute.
yeah the first can be forgiven but that second one there was no need for that. I felt puking when I saw it. Horrible hit the bell tower.