The MMA thread

Oggmonster

So trace amounts of SARM found with Diaz and he's apparently not banned from the fight, so may go ahead. Nate was until today one of my favourite fighters but now I hope Masvidal destroys that juice monkey. Funny looking back at Nate's 'everyone's on steroids' shit against Conor now when he was juiced. Dana must really hate USADA at this point.

Yeah if this was a less liked fighter they'd be slated now cos it's Nate it's fine. Look at Jon Jones for example when he pulsed etc

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That's some bullshit. Of cost I'm happy to see the fight now but this preferential treatment is just out of order. Machida must be fuming.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's some bullshit. Of cost I'm happy to see the fight now but this preferential treatment is just out of order. Machida must be fuming.
Can't imagine either of the Diaz brothers getting preferential treatment. Nick was suspended for 5 years for weed.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of them has just been given preferential treatment though??
Not if it was a negligible level that was easily traced to a plant based supplement Nate told them he took. There are nuances to each case that should be considered, and easily explained situations are one of them.

Oggmonster

Not if it was a negligible level that was easily traced to a plant based supplement Nate told them he took. There are nuances to each case that should be considered, and easily explained situations are one of them.
It is still pretty preferential though. It's ridiculously quick compared to any other case.

All seems bit convenient to....as I said if it was a less popular fighter I reckon the reaction would be different to this

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It is still pretty preferential though. It's ridiculously quick compared to any other case.

All seems bit convenient to....as I said if it was a less popular fighter I reckon the reaction would be different to this
I'm sure the UFC asked USADA to clear things up as soon as possible given that the fight is within 8 days.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Isn't this pretty much the same as the Machida case? Machida came out and said there was Keto-7 in one of his products, which has barely any effect on the body, yet he was banned for like 2 years!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So that's preferential treatment then? Given they've never done that in the past for anyone else
In an economic sense, yes but not in a guilt sense. If Nate was found to have taken PEDs beyond negligible levels then this would obviously not happen since he would’ve been suspended.

Pscholes18

Maia is a animal on the ground....but ffs they both looked like two bums fighting on a street corner when they were standing.

redom

Askren's had a rough time in the UFC eh? Smashed in the face by Lawlor until the controversial stoppage, destroyed by Masvidal in record time and now out grappled by Maia, that's gotta sting.

Andersons Dietician

Normally not a lover of grappling matches but when I heard Maia vs Askren I was in. Then for most of it it’s a boxing match. That transition end of the 2nd round though was :drool: then there is that sequence for the finish :drool:x2.

My liver is hurting from those Gane kicks, they sounded horrible. Credit to the other dude for being able to take them as after the first one I’d be saying hell nah!!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone watching Bellator?

Vicious knee to the balls just now.

Should have been a DQ loss for Hager in my opinion. That was the second knee he connected to the balls in less than a minute.
Hager is a fecking asshole.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone got a video of Askren getting chocked out? :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Anyone watching Bellator?

Vicious knee to the balls just now.

Should have been a DQ loss for Hager in my opinion. That was the second knee he connected to the balls in less than a minute.
:lol:

I'm fairly sure he did that for some cheap wrestling heat in order to bring viewers over to TNTs new wrestling promotion AEW.

He's currently in a stable over there and his comrades were at the event. They actually cut a wrestling promo just before his fight :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Askren has come into the UFC and looked like some kind of troll bum who won a fan contest for a go in the octagon a few times.

Nevermind the universal humiliation; in his soul/core he has to be crushed because there's no way he didn't believe he was an elite MMA fighter who was going to come in and win the belt.

He's got one more chance to redeem himself before Dana starts feeding him to up and coming promising fighters.

Even worse, nobody has sympathy for the guy and will delight in his every crushing defeat.

That 'stand up' of his is going to get him seriously hurt as the accumulated damage since being in the UFC reduces his punch/kick resistance. Wouldn't be surprised to see him spasming on the floor - as he was with Masvidal - once more.

Oldyella

Askren has come into the UFC and looked like some kind of troll bum who won a fan contest for a go in the octagon a few times.

Nevermind the universal humiliation; in his soul/core he has to be crushed because there's no way he didn't believe he was an elite MMA fighter who was going to come in and win the belt.

He's got one more chance to redeem himself before Dana starts feeding him to up and coming promising fighters.

Even worse, nobody has sympathy for the guy and will delight in his every crushing defeat.

That 'stand up' of his is going to get him seriously hurt as the accumulated damage since being in the UFC reduces his punch/kick resistance. Wouldn't be surprised to see him spasming on the floor - as he was with Masvidal - once more.
Chat shit. Get banged.

Can't say I'm too sad to see him struggle tbh.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Was told he was undefeated, and one of the best on the ground ever.... well, i'm not impressed :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Chat shit. Get banged.

Can't say I'm too sad to see him struggle tbh.
Yeah true, but the hype job to decimation is turning into one of, if not the most, humiliating in UFC history.

If you're going to play heel to that degree you have to back it up ala Covington, McGregor, Koschek and so forth.

cyberman

Yeah true, but the hype job to decimation is turning into one of, if not the most, humiliating in UFC history.

If you're going to play heel to that degree you have to back it up ala Covington, McGregor, Koschek and so forth.
He hasn'tsaid anything though.
He's corny trying to hype himself but where are these vicious insults that fans pretend he says?