The MMA thread

Name Changed

weso26
I really like watching Ferguson, think his style is so entertaining and unique. I can't help thinking it would end up going the same way though, as in he'd get dragged to the ground and battered
It kills me to say it but I'd bet on Ferguson for that. If there's a bad fight stylistically for Khabib, that's it. I think Conor matches up well against Ferguson though. That would be fun.

Name Changed

weso26
Nope. The overreaction to what he did is hilarious. He is still undefeated and destroyed McGregor.
It's not an overreaction. What he did was disgraceful. Using Conor's bus attack as justification is ridiculous. Conor should have been banned. But it doesn't make what Khabib did right.

He should be humble in victory.

Name Changed

weso26
I think people ignore him because he seems mental and proper cuckoo, but I love him:)
The stuff he comes out with like Tiramasu Tuesday is so cringe worthy. Mostly he sounds like a self help book. I love watching him fight but I can't stand listening to him talk.

Charlie Foley

I really like watching Ferguson, think his style is so entertaining and unique. I can't help thinking it would end up going the same way though, as in he'd get dragged to the ground and battered
He's very dangerous off his back. He's someone who could actually fight Khabib from the ground.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It kills me to say it but I'd bet on Ferguson for that. If there's a bad fight stylistically for Khabib, that's it. I think Conor matches up well against Ferguson though. That would be fun.
Agreed on the stylistic bit, although there’s no way of knowing how such a fight would end.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Great to see Connor getting smashed and shut up. Khabib is an idiot for what he did and should be punished (as Connor should have as well). His amazing win will be overshadowed by that stupid act. Cant wait for his next fight, he’s just an incredible fighter.

cyberman

Theres a great fan vid doing the rounds which shows the speed from Danis as he meets Khabib. He really sent him packing!
You kind of lose perspective of the speed which they operate with but put these fighters in a real life context and they're fecking terrifying.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Khabib is humble. Everything that happened leading up the fight made him to want to destroy everyone on the other side.
Khabib has to take responsibility for what happened after the fight ended. Had he not attempted to mortal kombat finish Conor’s grappling coach, his fellow goons wouldn’t have jumped into the Octagon to attack Conor. Poor form all around.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's not an overreaction. What he did was disgraceful. Using Conor's bus attack as justification is ridiculous. Conor should have been banned. But it doesn't make what Khabib did right.

He should be humble in victory.
I don't even think he needed to be humble in victory, just professional.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Theres a great fan vid doing the rounds which shows the speed from Danis as he meets Khabib. He really sent him packing!
You kind of lose perspective of the speed which they operate with but put these fighters in a real life context and they're fecking terrifying.
I know a guy who was a pretty good fighter, dude took on 5 guys in a nightclub brawl and fecking beat the shit out of them. Now imagine how actual world-class fighters like Khabib and co would be in a real life context. These kind of guys are definitely no joke.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's more the quick thinking that makes it impressive. All he has to do is step back, let Khabib land and be on top of him while he's still off balance.

Most would probably try and catch Khabib or something.

haram

Khabib has to take responsibility for what happened after the fight ended. Had he not attempted to mortal kombat finish Conor’s grappling coach, his fellow goons wouldn’t have jumped into the Octagon to attack Conor. Poor form all around.
Ok. I dont think this makes him any less humble or tarnishes his legacy as a fighter like some people are claiming.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So I wanted to wait a while before posting in this thread because firstly, I wanted to let everything digest and secondly, wanted to catch up on the 10+ pages of comments here and some of the stuff I read, mainly earlier on was just pathetic :lol:. Remember guys, Khabib and McGregor don't give two flying fecks about y'all so don't go around calling each other cnuts in their defence. Have a discussion but keep it chilled a bit will ya?

I think both of these gentlemen have done stupid things in this feud but the fault lies squarely on the UFC and that bald twat Dana. Here are a few things off the top of my head:

Khabib intimidates Artem at a hotel, the UFC does nothing.
Nate and Conor throw bottles at a press conference, could have hit journalists, the UFC does nothing.
Conor punches Nate's hand in a face off, the UFC does nothing.
Bones and DC scuffle and throw shoes at each other, the UFC does nothing.
Brock gets suspended for pumping steroids up his butt, The UFC hands him a title shot.
Werdum throws a boomerag at Colby, the UFC does nothing.
Conor jumps the cage of another organization, then attacks an official, the UFC does nothing.
Conor throws a dolly through a bus window, injuring fighters, The UFC hands him a title shot AND uses the footage as promotion.

They've set a precedent that you can act like a fecking thug, and they'll either do nothing or hand you a high profile fight/title shot.

Then they try act all high and mighty in front of the immediate press.

I bet Dana had a hard on during the melee yesterday, thinking about them dollar dollar bills for the next fight between these two.

RedTiger

Half mast
Russian federation as whole allow a lot of autonomy to republics. Bashkhortostan, Tatarstan are sunny but very moderate. I don't think Chechnya, Dagestan are like that. It's a melting pot that no one wants to touch and I think Putin is doing exceptionally well with Kadyrov for the time being.
I think you mean Sunni , although Tatarstan does get quite hot in summer tbf.

cyberman

It's more the quick thinking that makes it impressive. All he has to do is step back, let Khabib land and be on top of him while he's still off balance.

Most would probably try and catch Khabib or something.
Yep, that's an element of what I mean.
Put you and I in that situation and we're thinking what is this Muslim shaped object falling from the sky? Should I catch it?
Danis saw this and perfectly timed his charge, its honestly scary.
All you see in the vid is a white t shirt with shit hair glide through static civilians. I can't imagine what a Werdum or Brock could do.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yep, that's an element of what I mean.
Put you and I in that situation and we're thinking what is this Muslim shaped object falling from the sky? Should I catch it?
Danis saw this and perfectly timed his charge, its honestly scary.
All you see in the vid is a white t shirt with shit hair glide through static civilians. I can't imagine what a Werdum or Brock could do.
Nah, I would've caught him and suplexed him in one movement.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You’ve lost it in this thread. There’s no way that what you’ve posted above constitutes treating people like savages.

More importantly though no one said it was ‘fair game’, so stop using made up arguments to try and defend your backward and uncivilised views. Comments around religion and country might be insulting but in a modern society they don’t justify assault. The fact you think attacking people because they say things you don’t like is the only way for a “self respecting human” to behave suggests that you need to grow up.
Well said.

Its really silly because if Khabib had just done what any normal professional does he could have called out Conor's bad actions, the entire stadium probably would have cheered him and he would have walked away looking like a hero.
Now he just looks as much a villain as Conor and inevitably damages his career and reputation at least among some fans.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well said.

Its really silly because if Khabib had just done what any normal professional does he could have called out Conor's bad actions, the entire stadium probably would have cheered him and he would have walked away looking like a hero.
Now he just looks as much a villain as Conor and inevitably damages his career and reputation at least among some fans.
Yep. In a normal fight he would have walked away with his paycheck, looking like the good guy, with everyone talking about how great he is, getting to enjoy watching the humbled McGregor deal with being widely mocked and derided.

Instead he walks away without his paycheck, looking like the bad guy, with his brilliant performance overshadowed, with his friends facing being cut from the UFC, with a likely fine and suspension incoming, watching McGregor largely escape scrutiny for his poor performance while instead being described as the victim of a cowardly attack. Oh, and Dillon Dannis' profile is boosted now too.

Even from his own self-interested point of view he fecked up.

Charlie Foley

Yep. In a normal fight he would have walked away with his paycheck, looking like the good guy, with everyone talking about how great he is, getting to enjoy watching the humbled McGregor deal with being widely mocked and derided.

Instead he walks away without his paycheck, looking like the bad guy, with his brilliant performance overshadowed, with his friends facing being cut from the UFC, with a likely fine and suspension incoming, watching McGregor largely escape scrutiny for his poor performance while instead being described as the victim of a cowardly attack. Oh, and Dillon Dannis' profile is boosted now too.

Even from his own self-interested point of view he fecked up.
Yep.

Funny thing is people in here straw clasping in trying to defend Khabib ruining his own greatest career moment. Talking about honour makes no sense when you've no class.

Just rewatched him jumping at danis. After they're separated some cnuts start taking cheap shots at the back of Danis's head while he's being restrained. Christ :lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Rewatching the post-fight brawl (again) and it’s hilarious to see McGregor cower in fear up against the cage at the 1:05 mark in the video above. He’d just traded punches with three of Khabib’s men and the ring was teeming with bodies at this point - he must’ve thought they were all Khabib’s henchmen coming to get him. He was a relieved man, I bet, when he realised it was event security giving him a bear hug for his protection rather than another Dagestani lunatic hellbent on rearranging his face. McGregor knew he was exposed at this point - no Crumlin scrotes coked off their tits at his disposal whilst the likes of Kavanagh wouldn’t dream of getting involved - with a posse of experienced fighters baying for his blood. McGregor would’ve two foot tall right there, I bet.

It’s been said many times in the aftermath but worth repeating: how bastarding stupid was McGregor to rile Khabib’s mob to the extent he did and then doubling down at the press conference saying ‘There’ll never be peace’ after the fight? He instigated this whole thing and made it ultra personal. Khabib’s whole entourage wanted to see him pay for his insults and weren’t content with just the humiliation Khabib meted out to him. He’ll be a lucky boy if he gets away with just those few slaps for all his trouble.

Last edited:

cyberman

Rewatching the post-fight brawl (again) and it’s hilarious to see McGregor cower in fear up against the cage at the 1:05 mark in the video above. He’d just traded punches with three of Khabib’s men and the ring was teeming with bodies at this point - he must’ve thought they were all Khabib’s henchmen coming to get him. He was a relieved man, I bet, when he realised it was event security giving him a bear hug for his protection rather than another Dagestani lunatic hellbent on rearranging his face. McGregor knew he was exposed at this point - no Crumlin scrotes coked off their tits at his disposal whilst the likes of Kavanagh wouldn’t dream of getting involved - with a posse of experienced fighters baying for his blood. McGregor would’ve two foot tall right there, I bet.

It’s been said many times in the aftermath but worth repeating: how bastarding stupid was McGregor to rile Khabib’s mob to the extent he did and then doubling down at the press conference saying ‘There’ll never be peace’ after the fight? He instigated this whole thing and made it ultra personal. Khabib’s whole entourage wanted to see him pay for his insults and weren’t content with just the humiliation Khabib meted out to him. He’ll be a lucky boy if he gets away with just those few slaps for all his trouble.
Its strange that you're laughing at Conor for being jumped by 3 different men?
There's nothing funny about any of this from either side.
Khabib matches that "funny" moment by jumping the cage like a mad man only for the next camera shot to be of Khabib cowering as he's retreating from Danis.
Everybody looks like an idiot.

haram

Yep.

Funny thing is people in here straw clasping in trying to defend Khabib ruining his own greatest career moment. Talking about honour makes no sense when you've no class.

Just rewatched him jumping at danis. After they're separated some cnuts start taking cheap shots at the back of Danis's head while he's being restrained. Christ :lol:
It’s not ruined. The fight happened and it was an emphatic victory.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Its strange that you're laughing at Conor for being jumped by 3 different men?
There's nothing funny about any of this from either side.
Khabib matches that "funny" moment by jumping the cage like a mad man only for the next camera shot to be of Khabib cowering as he's retreating from Danis.
Everybody looks like an idiot.
No, I’m not making fun of him for that in isolation, per se, more so because he spent a lot of time ridiculing Khabib for staying on a bus when a gang of coked-up gombeens were running amok looking for him back in April. Funny that when McGregor found himself in a similar scenario - albeit with far more security around - he cowered against a cage. I’d do the very same myself, mind, but I don’t go around running my mouth beforehand, hence the lack of schadenfreude that would invoke.

RedTiger

Half mast
The point at which I knew the fight was over was after the first round. While in their respective corners, Conor's team told him to be patient and keep his distance and that he'd have his chance to land his left.

I just thought 'fecking hell! That's your fight plan for a title fight? To bid his time and spark him with his left?'

haram

The point at which I knew the fight was over was after the first round. While in their respective corners, Conor's team told him to be patient and keep his distance and that he'd have his chance to land his left.

I just thought 'fecking hell! That's your fight plan for a title fight? To bid his time and spark him with his left?'
What else was he gonna do?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Khabib should be stripped of the title and banned
He should be stripped of his title and banned from MMA for jumping the cage and fighting a fellow professional who was screaming insults at him? He should be fined and that's it. Move on and make the El Cucuy fight. :drool:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Let's say Khabib get suspended for a year, stripped of his title. They should do McGregor-Ferguson, and have the winner fight the winner of Diaz-Poirier for the title, with the winner of that fighting Khabib for the title on his return.

Something tells me that McGregor will be getting his rematch with Khabib quite soon though.