The MMA thread

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Pointless rematch. Khabib wins again.
I agree on the outcome. But McGregor will believe he can do it right next time and he'll use his influence to make it happen IMO, just like with Diaz. And Khabib will probably agree for the money, especially if he doesn't get the full purse for this one.

RedTiger

Half mast
Let's say Khabib get suspended for a year, stripped of his title. They should do McGregor-Ferguson, and have the winner fight the winner of Diaz-Poirier for the title, with the winner of that fighting Khabib for the title on his return.

Something tells me that McGregor will be getting his rematch with Khabib quite soon though.
Especially if Khabib is banned from the US and the fight is held in Moscow.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I agree on the outcome. But McGregor will believe he can do it right next time and he'll use his influence to make it happen IMO, just like with Diaz. And Khabib will probably agree for the money, especially if he doesn't get the full purse for this one.
I think the UFC will do absolutely everything to keep Khabib and McGregor apart. There's no way those two teams can be in the same building together without something similar to last night happening or even worse. I'm hoping Khabib keeps his belt etc and we see him return sometime next year and fight Ferguson. feck knows what happens with Conor now but I actually hope he comes back and doesn't just retire. The third Diaz makes sense if he beats Poirier.

El-Manos

Rewatching the post-fight brawl (again) and it’s hilarious to see McGregor cower in fear up against the cage at the 1:05 mark in the video above. He’d just traded punches with three of Khabib’s men and the ring was teeming with bodies at this point - he must’ve thought they were all Khabib’s henchmen coming to get him. He was a relieved man, I bet, when he realised it was event security giving him a bear hug for his protection rather than another Dagestani lunatic hellbent on rearranging his face. McGregor knew he was exposed at this point - no Crumlin scrotes coked off their tits at his disposal whilst the likes of Kavanagh wouldn’t dream of getting involved - with a posse of experienced fighters baying for his blood. McGregor would’ve two foot tall right there, I bet.

It’s been said many times in the aftermath but worth repeating: how bastarding stupid was McGregor to rile Khabib’s mob to the extent he did and then doubling down at the press conference saying ‘There’ll never be peace’ after the fight? He instigated this whole thing and made it ultra personal. Khabib’s whole entourage wanted to see him pay for his insults and weren’t content with just the humiliation Khabib meted out to him. He’ll be a lucky boy if he gets away with just those few slaps for all his trouble.
Jesus Christ, the man is just after fighting 3 feckin rounds with an absolute animal of a man. What the feck are you talking about. I'm pretty sure a professional MMA fighter doesn't give a feck who they face and certainly don't 'cower in fear' for some random idiots who jump a cage.

Fair play to Khabib, dominated the shite out of him. Conor is a one trick pony and has been found out, simple as. Nullify that left hand and he is extremely limited.

El-Manos

The point at which I knew the fight was over was after the first round. While in their respective corners, Conor's team told him to be patient and keep his distance and that he'd have his chance to land his left.

I just thought 'fecking hell! That's your fight plan for a title fight? To bid his time and spark him with his left?'
That's pretty feckin bad to be honest :lol: a one trick pony indeed.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Rewatching the post-fight brawl (again) and it’s hilarious to see McGregor cower in fear up against the cage at the 1:05 mark in the video above. He’d just traded punches with three of Khabib’s men and the ring was teeming with bodies at this point - he must’ve thought they were all Khabib’s henchmen coming to get him. He was a relieved man, I bet, when he realised it was event security giving him a bear hug for his protection rather than another Dagestani lunatic hellbent on rearranging his face. McGregor knew he was exposed at this point - no Crumlin scrotes coked off their tits at his disposal whilst the likes of Kavanagh wouldn’t dream of getting involved - with a posse of experienced fighters baying for his blood. McGregor would’ve two foot tall right there, I bet.

It’s been said many times in the aftermath but worth repeating: how bastarding stupid was McGregor to rile Khabib’s mob to the extent he did and then doubling down at the press conference saying ‘There’ll never be peace’ after the fight? He instigated this whole thing and made it ultra personal. Khabib’s whole entourage wanted to see him pay for his insults and weren’t content with just the humiliation Khabib meted out to him. He’ll be a lucky boy if he gets away with just those few slaps for all his trouble.
You are a sad human being. I see Conor against the cage for maybe half a second after being attacked for the third time after just fighting for the best part of four rounds. Jesus man.

Also, as an aside, Kavanagh ran into the ring ton protect Conor.

Charlie Foley

It’s not ruined. The fight happened and it was an emphatic victory.
And he didn’t get his belt and got his purse withheld. And could face further punishment. But he wanted his belt put on him in the ring, the belt he walked in with, and they wouldn’t do it because he fecked up.
And people will always remember the night for his post fight triggered rage, not his dominant victory over a jumped up bus assaulter. They’ll remember the performance but it’s permanently stained.

He had reached a perfect peak, forcing a man he hates to say “please, I give up, I can’t take anymore.” Could have said then and there “talk all the shit you want now” and leave a hero. Then he acted the bollocks and came down the other side of the mountain because he was triggered by a dickhead he let get under his skin. And we’re supposed to be impressed by that? :lol: :lol: He’s basically acted how you’d expect Conor’s coke gang to act so it’s hilarious to see people defend it.

haram

And he didn’t get his belt and got his purse withheld. And could face further punishment. But he wanted his belt put on him in the ring, the belt he walked in with, and they wouldn’t do it because he fecked up.
And people will always remember the night for his post fight triggered rage, not his dominant victory over a jumped up bus assaulter. They’ll remember the performance but it’s permanently stained.

He had reached a perfect peak, forcing a man he hates to say “please, I give up, I can’t take anymore.” Could have said then and there “talk all the shit you want now” and leave a hero. Then he acted the bollocks and came down the other side of the mountain because he was triggered by a dickhead he let get under his skin. And we’re supposed to be impressed by that? :lol: :lol: He’s basically acted how you’d expect Conor’s coke gang to act so it’s hilarious to see people defend it.
He destroyed Conor and everything that happened prior to the fight led him to wanting more. The facts are he destroyed McGregor and is still undefeated. People crying over him jumping into the crowd is hilarious.

El-Manos

He destroyed Conor and everything that happened prior to the fight led him to wanting more. The facts are he destroyed McGregor and is still undefeated. People crying over him jumping into the crowd is hilarious.
Neither of their actions should be defended by anyone. They're both idiots.

stevoc

The point at which I knew the fight was over was after the first round. While in their respective corners, Conor's team told him to be patient and keep his distance and that he'd have his chance to land his left.

I just thought 'fecking hell! That's your fight plan for a title fight? To bid his time and spark him with his left?'
Isn't that pretty much the game plan of every knock-out artist?

Kaush949

Khabib should be stripped of the title and banned

Best view of what happened inside.

Khabib was out of line but surprise surprise on who threw the first shot inside the cage.

If we are punishing Khabib are we also okey that Conor should never be allowed in the US again for second offense?

Kaush949

Its strange that you're laughing at Conor for being jumped by 3 different men?
There's nothing funny about any of this from either side.
Khabib matches that "funny" moment by jumping the cage like a mad man only for the next camera shot to be of Khabib cowering as he's retreating from Danis.
Everybody looks like an idiot.

Jumped? Could you watch and confirm who threw the first swing inside?

Kaush949

You are a sad human being. I see Conor against the cage for maybe half a second after being attacked for the third time after just fighting for the best part of four rounds. Jesus man.

Also, as an aside, Kavanagh ran into the ring ton protect Conor.
So tired exhausted that he somehow felt the need to sprint on to the cage to follow khabib and strike his team on top.

Kaush949

Not defending Khabib here. He start it all. He should be fined and banned forna few months.

But people calling for lifetime ban :houllier:

If thats the case, why did you even watch the fight or purchase the PPV? You should have been boycotting McG for brooklyn.

Eire Red United

Khabib won’t be so big when McGregor gets his best mate Putin to have him disappear:lol::lol:

Charlie Foley

Who's crying :lol: I'm laughing a lot at him but not to the point of tears!

You like many others seem only able to respond to valid criticism of Khabib by criticising Conor. It's irrelevant if the person you're talking to, as most of of have expressed, think Conor is also a cnut. But it's the best you got I guess.

The facts are he destroyed Conor and then got triggered and acted like a clown. Even fecking Floyd shut McGregor up with more dignity. Floyd!

Khabib went down to McGregor's level. Watching people try to justify that in this thread with logic like " we have to remember blood feuds are the norm in his culture" or religion is more important to him than human life has been highly entertaining all night and day, right up there with Derrick Lewis. Thank you all!!

The fact that Khabib can be that much of a monster and still get so easily triggered despite ALREADY HAVING WON is bizarre.

Hopefully Conor shuts up for a while now! But he's been given a talking point. Speaking of which JRE this week will be :drool:

haram

Who's crying :lol: I'm laughing a lot at him but not to the point of tears!

You like many others seem only able to respond to valid criticism of Khabib by criticising Conor. It's irrelevant if the person you're talking to, as most of of have expressed, think Conor is also a cnut. But it's the best you got I guess.

The facts are he destroyed Conor and then got triggered and acted like a clown. Even fecking Floyd shut McGregor up with more dignity. Floyd!

Khabib went down to McGregor's level. Watching people try to justify that in this thread with logic like " we have to remember blood feuds are the norm in his culture" or religion is more important to him than human life has been highly entertaining all night and day, right up there with Derrick Lewis. Thank you all!!

The fact that Khabib can be that much of a monster and still get so easily triggered despite ALREADY HAVING WON is bizarre.

Hopefully Conor shuts up for a while now! But he's been given a talking point. Speaking of which JRE this week will be :drool:
I really don't care that he jumped out the cage. He dealt with McGregor so easily and he was never going to finish there.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pointless rematch. Khabib wins again.
Not so pointless when you consider how much money Conor, Khabib, the other fighters on the card, and the UFC will make. Conor's mere presence will earn the company 3 x as much money as it normally would make on a run of the mill PPV.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
After watching the event I've come to the conclusion that Derrick Lewis is the greatest person to ever exist.

Great event allround. Ferguson and Khabib looked incredible, that fight will probably still happen one day hopefully.

Luque looked fantastic aswell, I really can see him holding the belt one day.

What's next for McGregor? Nate? What if he loses to Poirier though? GSP? Anderson Silva? Brock Lesnar?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
After watching the event I've come to the conclusion that Derrick Lewis is the greatest person to ever exist.

Great event allround. Ferguson and Khabib looked incredible, that fight will probably still happen one day hopefully.

Luque looked fantastic aswell, I really can see him holding the belt one day.

What's next for McGregor? Nate? What if he loses to Poirier though? GSP? Anderson Silva? Brock Lesnar?
I’d like to see Conor fight Kevin Lee. Would be a great stylistic matchup.

Needham

That's it Khabib bounces after his statement....he apologized to Nevada Commission and Vegas. Apparently he got a call from Putin.
Which Putin will later deny ever happened despite call records, witnesses, and an audio recording of their conversation.

Name Changed

weso26
He destroyed Conor (which I wanted him to do) but he also destroyed the win itself, his reputation and the career of at least one teammate. The fact that you don't seem to understand that is amazing.

Name Changed

weso26
That's true, but knock-out artists are also meant to be able to control the flow of the fight so as to set up their sole weapon. If one punch man was his team's plan then I don't think his team helped him set it up.
Well it doesn't seem like he practices too many other disciplines. He clearly has terrible cardio despite his claim that he can go all night.

He simply couldn't have been ready for that fight given the lifestyle he has been leading since he fought Alvarez. Sure he was pissed at the press conference 2 weeks before it. And god knows what he was on in NYC .

cyberman

Jumped? Could you watch and confirm who threw the first swing inside?
Khabib!
He was jumped though, doesn't matter who technically swung first.
I keep seeing the octagon treated as some far off, seperate area in this discussion. Khabib is brawling maybe 5 feet from the octagon? Conor didn't start anything, nobody in that cage did. Danis is getting dragged away while getting rabbit punches thrown at him, nobody knows whats going on. Conor etc could think their entire teams are under attack.
Saying a punch thrown on the other side of a chain fence started a seperate brawl can't be true.
Rant over!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People look silly defending Khabib here. No matter what happened in the past, he should have stayed professional and enjoy his emphatic win.

On the other hand, UFC is a joke for not punishing fighters for their poor behaviour in the past. Especially Connor had a free pass just because he is their cash cow. On this incident, I imagine pressure will be high to punish some people, so they might do it. However, Khabib will not be punished as hard as the others.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Like Ronda, I think it's inevitable that Connor will eventually end up in WWE. He's also an huge fan iirc.

haram

He destroyed Conor (which I wanted him to do) but he also destroyed the win itself, his reputation and the career of at least one teammate. The fact that you don't seem to understand that is amazing.
He didn't destroy the win.