The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ike

We measure ourselves against our rivals in everything, why not in this particular topic as well?

What those 2 prior managers and Mourinho all have in common?

Also you think Mourinho's antics could have possibly contributed in any way to players not wanting to play for him? Would hardly be surprising considering his history of falling our with players.
What the prior managers and Mourinho have in common? Ok this should be easy... 1) Most of the SQUAD 2) Total CRAP boring football... :)

I dont give a shit about what's going on in Chelsea, Liverpools and Citeh's Locker Room. We have to sort our own shit out.
Have Chelsea players revolted before? Sure. Have Liverpool? Of course they have.

ike

I’m so torn with this.
Ultimately I think he has to go now but I don’t think that’s going to leave us any better off.
It’s a Shit show at the moment
Totally agree.
It's a shit show for us and the Journos and ABUs are gonna rub that shit in our faces the whole season.

Fracture90

What the prior managers and Mourinho have in common? Ok this should be easy... 1) Most of the SQUAD 2) Total CRAP boring football... :)

I dont give a shit about what's going on in Chelsea, Liverpools and Citeh's Locker Room. We have to sort our own shit out.
Have Chelsea players revolted before? Sure. Have Liverpool? Of course they have.
You got my point, most of the squad was just you deflecting. You might have added same stadium, board, training ground etc.

All 3 of them have tumescent football style but Morinho has that toxic behaviour and antics and history of picking fights with his star players. Happened in Chelsea, happened in Madrid as well.

There's a reason clubs find it better to cut ties with Mourinho when he turns his own players against him, rather than selling those players.

EDIT: you're again deflecting with City, Pool and Spurs part. Why aren't they rebelling now?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Who's that then?
I've done shits that could get decent performances out of this bunch of players.
There's a reason there's not a lot of love at the club and its not the players.
You may not like Jose, but he is an elite level manager, with a trophy count which beats 99.9% of football managers around the World.

Judas

Open to offers
You may not like Jose, but he is an elite level manager, with a trophy count which beats 99.9% of football managers around the World.
He was an elite manager. I'm sure he'll have good seasons in the future, but without a change in his approach, the days of him being considered one of the best are coming to an end I think.

ike

if something doesn't change in upper management, i'm afraid history is just going to repeat itself.
3 Managers and all three 3 same results.
Somethings gotta give.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If we have a midtable form the it's going to be fairly late, if we are in the bottom three then it's going to be around early March. I highly doubt that we will match Stoke's form.
I can. He had Chelsea 16th when he got sacked and the atmosphere at the club seems much worse than it did there. God knows where Chelsea would have finished that season if they had held onto him longer than December.

NoLogo

Totally agree.
It's a shit show for us and the Journos and ABUs are gonna rub that shit in our faces the whole season.
They are definitely loving it. The opposition fans I have spoken to though all want José to stay, they are enjoying the current circus immensely. I'm pretty sure though they will also enjoy it if we sack him and can't find a good replacement fast enough. I would like to see Carrick getting a shot at this, we aren't going to win the league anyways, so give him a chance and see how he does till the end of the season, if he doesn't convince us make sure we have a quality manager ready to go at the start of next season.

Hughes35

Isn't the question now "When will he go?" Big Jose fan but he's lost the players, the press and the fans. No coming back from this.

The clubs policy always seems to be that they wait until it us mathematically impossible to finish top 4 and then that is the cut off. However surely it is not possible to completely write the season off waiting for that day. Mathematically we could be bottom of the league come Christmas and it technically still possible to finish top 4.

Would a loss against Valencia be the final straw of is there still further to go?

Genuine question.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If its going to happen probably better during the intl break
If it happens at all this season, I think it will happen in February/March and that will depend on how we navigate through the christmas fixture list. If he does well, he'll stay till the Summer. If he does badly, then February/March may be the day.
I hope he does turn it around, but after seeing what happened against West Ham, the chances of improvement are dwindling.

RooneyLegend

400 million quid later and no part of our team is sorted apart from our keeping department and he found that here. Our defence is leaky, our midfield cant control nor protect and our attack is impotent. After 400 million some actually want him to receive more money.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Would a loss against Valencia be the final straw of is there still further to go?

Genuine question.
If he lost 5-0, against Valencia, I think he'd still remain as manager.
Now, if he lost 15-0 or something like that, then Woodward may hit the eject button, as an emergency measure.
As I said in an earlier post, I think February/March is the likely time for a sacking, but more likely, next Summer.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
400 million quid later and no part of our team is sorted apart from our keeping department and he found that here. Our defence is leaky, our midfield cant control nor protect and our attack is impotent. After 400 million some actually want him to receive more money.
In the Summer, I did want him to get his transfer targets, so he could challenge for the title..
But now....no. Best to keep the money for the next manager or when Jose manages to get a grip on the current situation.

Oneunited26

For me he’s paying the price this season for his complete shit show attitude last season towards allot of the squad, he has burnt allot of bridges last season and much like when a squad builder reaps the fruits of his labour, Jose is reaping the rewards of the damage that was beyond repair last season. The fact he’s now having look to players clearly not good enough, sums up how bad it’s got for him he’s lucky he’s got shaw playing well. But we are at a tipping point where it goes from fighting from a title, to a top 4, to now possible relegation battle. Because when a squad is this rudderless, without any kind of team direction because a manager has got this toxic, it’s at the point of no return. Any of the 19 teams in this PL can beat us, that is very very catastrophic for any PL side, that even midtable is a mountain to climb when things have got this chaotic and toxic. He’s got to go, because his inability to evolve but picking fights and making it about himself is damning

Hughes35

If he lost 5-0, against Valencia, I think he'd still remain as manager.
Now, if he lost 15-0 or something like that, then Woodward may hit the eject button, as an emergency measure.
As I said in an earlier post, I think February/March is the likely time for a sacking, but more likely, next Summer.
What about if we were to Lose against Valencia, Newcastle, Chelsea, Juventus and Everton?

It's really not that far fetched to suggest. All tough fixtures

ike

Don't we have to wait until Zidane learns English first?
Is that how it works?

Can't we just hire Mourinho back as a translator? :D

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he will get a result in 1 of the next 2 games and that will buy him a bit longer. I can't see him being sacked until December at the earliest.

Vadim

Jose has been told his job is safe I think. He was relaxed and laughing in the presser today.

Even our press officer (Karen?) was laughing along you could hear her. Jose is here for a while yet :(

buchansleftleg

I don't agree that Jose has "lost the players"

Losing the players implies an accidental thing happening whereas Jose has done this on purpose.

Take the Pogba situation and the video in training.

He knows the cameras will be there for a specific time for training.

He knows they are restricted to film for a short period.

He has either asked the social media person to be there at that time, or it is normal for the social media person to attend whist this camera session goes on.

While the red lights of the camera's are on and recording he stage manages questioning the social media guy...questioning Pogba...getting a response from Pogba caught on film....then he resolves the "misunderstanding" and makes the social media guy apologise to Pogba.

This could all have happened 5 minutes after the camera's had left and been dealt with professionally.

He hasn't lost the players, he is using them for his own purposes, settling scores, proving himself to be "right" over and above what it costs the club or individual players. The longer he stays now as a dead man walking the more extreme his behaviour will get.

el3mel

Jose has been told his job is safe I think. He was relaxed and laughing in the presser today.

Even our press officer (Karen?) was laughing along you could hear her. Jose is here for a while yet :(
That's actually not indication to anything. Ed is playing the same dirty game he played with LVG, ensuring the current manager that he's safe while negotiating with another manager.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What about if we were to Lose against Valencia, Newcastle, Chelsea, Juventus and Everton?

It's really not that far fetched to suggest. All tough fixtures
Losing 7 in a row (including Derby and WHU) - he'd be fired. No doubt about that.
But Jose would never lose 7 in a row.

I know that some of you think that he is some chump who doesn't know how to manager, but he is one of the best in the World. Losing 7 in a row simply won't happen.

Woziak

Jesus - Change is needed now Jose has form with taking top teams on diabolical runs, whatever the next two results are we should sack him to allow a natural uplift and feel good factor within the Club. If he wins, he pisses most of the squad off, if he draws or loses he pisses most of the squad off because of his constant Tinkerman Tactics.

Zidane as Head Coach, with Patrick Evra as Assistant Coach with Carrick and McKenna completing the team looks a good start in sorting the mess out. Evra was captain of the club for a reason, he's a leader and will understand the French contingent plus he bleeds red. Perfect solution plus Zidane and his management team would have enough time to access the squad with January in mind.

Zidane will attract players who will want to play for him, he will not mess about with cutting those lose who just don't cut it at Super Clubs and he will give Youth a chance.

Ok a simple question is would you prefer Jose United team with McTominay at CB, Slow Matic at CDM, Valencia at RWB Clumsy Lukaku at CFW and disinterrested Pogba and Sanchez bleeding the club to the sum of 800k per week.

Zidane comes in now, Woodward is under instant pressure to back him in January. Two key Signings like D Costa or Fekir at right wing and Varane at CB could see a team like this lining up in the new year.

Zidane's team may be like this from January 19 ;

D De Gea

E Baily RWB
C Smalling CB
R Varane CB*
L Shaw LWB

A Herrera CDM
Pogba AM
Fred AM

D Costa or Fekir RWS*
Rashford CFW
A Martial LWS

Benched - S Romero, M Rojo, A Pereira, N Matic, J Lingard, J Mata, R Lukaku

Sold - Darmian, Jones, A Sanchez, A Valencia - in January window should get 85M for all of them - 2 new players will cost 160M so 75M net spend then he can decide on who else should leave by the summer with A Young, Feillani, Mata, Lindelof, Rojo all under significant pressure!

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Mate, no manager gets sacked after losing 3 league games. That's just ridiculous.
Unfortunately, the people on this forum live in some parallel reality, where 3 league losses is reason enough to sack a manager.
I've also read on this forum that not winning trophies is better than winning trophies.
And that a team which finishes 2nd in the league is worse than the teams which finish below it.

People, in general, need to get behind the team, rather than wishing our team would fail, so somebody would get the sack or be sold.

RikRuud

If he stays and the team pull together and we have a good season between now and january then woodward must back Mourinho in the January window. Its harder to buy players of course but if the people upstairs have jose's back then they should have learnt from their shortcomings in the previous window.

WensleyMU

Mindboggling how people keep defending the players because Mourinho criticised them, or others at some of the club's he's managed. Are these players really that pathetic?

The actions of Hazard, Pogbas and those who down tools and sulk compared to the likes of Ronaldo, Shaw and those who continue to play to their best is shameful.

Players like Hazard, as good as they are do not compare to players like Ronaldo or Henry, absolute professionals no matter what. Take Ronnie's final season with us, could you honestly imagine a Pogbas or Hazard doing that? Not a chance, they would sulk and slump their way to the exit.

Do you think Fergie would have put up with these sorts of players? We already know he wouldn't. How many would be calling for his head over the players? Quite a few I would wager.

Holocene

Zidane as Head Coach, with Patrick Evra as Assistant Coach with Carrick and McKenna completing the team looks a good start in sorting the mess out. Evra was captain of the club for a reason, he's a leader and will understand the French contingent plus he bleeds red. Perfect solution plus Zidane and his management team would have enough time to access the squad with January in mind.
What credentials does Evra have? Just because he's a leader and understands United doesn't make him suitable for the assistant position.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Mindboggling how people keep defending the players because Mourinho criticised them, or others at some of the club's he's managed. Are these players really that pathetic?

The actions of Hazard, Pogbas and those who down tools and sulk compared to the likes of Ronaldo, Shaw and those who continue to play to their best is shameful.

Players like Hazard, as good as they are do not compare to players like Ronaldo or Henry, absolute professionals no matter what. Take Ronnie's final season with us, could you honestly imagine a Pogbas or Hazard doing that? Not a chance, they would sulk and slump their way to the exit.

Do you think Fergie would have put up with these sorts of players? We already know he wouldn't. How many would be calling for his head over the players? Quite a few I would wager.
You're assuming the players have downed the tools. There could be many reasons why the players haven't been able to perform. Team tactics, confidence, players not being played to their strengths, coaching, quality of players, etc...

Treble

That's a bit rich to say given that you seem to defend Mourinho who has spent 400m on new players and struggles big time.

WensleyMU

He was an elite manager. I'm sure he'll have good seasons in the future, but without a change in his approach, the days of him being considered one of the best are coming to an end I think.
What time frame are we to base such a claim on? One season, 3? 5?

SirAF

Ageist
What time frame are we to base such a claim on? One season, 3? 5?
Regardless of his stint at United he'll always be regarded as one of the best managers of his generation. There's no doubt about that.

Ban

Jesus - Change is needed now Jose has form with taking top teams on diabolical runs, whatever the next two results are we should sack him to allow a natural uplift and feel good factor within the Club. If he wins, he pisses most of the squad off, if he draws or loses he pisses most of the squad off because of his constant Tinkerman Tactics.

Zidane will attract players who will want to play for him, he will not mess about with cutting those lose who just don't cut it at Super Clubs and he will give Youth a chance.

Ok a simple question is would you prefer Jose United team with McTominay at CB, Slow Matic at CDM, Valencia at RWB Clumsy Lukaku at CFW and disinterrested Pogba and Sanchez bleeding the club to the sum of 800k per week.

Zidane comes in now, Woodward is under instant pressure to back him in January. Two key Signings like D Costa or Fekir at right wing and Varane at CB could see a team like this lining up in the new year.

Zidane's team may be like this from January 19 ;

D De Gea

E Baily RWB
C Smalling CB
R Varane CB*
L Shaw LWB

A Herrera CDM
Pogba AM
Fred AM

D Costa or Fekir RWS*
Rashford CFW
A Martial LWS

Benched - S Romero, M Rojo, A Pereira, N Matic, J Lingard, J Mata, R Lukaku

Sold - Darmian, Jones, A Sanchez, A Valencia - in January window should get 85M for all of them - 2 new players will cost 160M so 75M net spend then he can decide on who else should leave by the summer with A Young, Feillani, Mata, Lindelof, Rojo all under significant pressure!

It seems you already have a thorough plan in place. Have you contacted Z Zidane?

USREDEVIL

Didn't realize i had voted "needs more time" a few weeks ago.

I changed moi's vote after West Ham. He's fuccin done.

Last edited by a moderator:

WensleyMU

You're assuming the players have downed the tools. There could be many reasons why the players haven't been able to perform. Team tactics, confidence, players not being played to their strengths, coaching, quality of players, etc...
I am assuming they are professional footballers. Their inability to do the very basics suggests it is intentional on their part.

That's a bit rich to say given that you seem to defend Mourinho who has spent 400m on new players and struggles big time.
While it's a lot, is it enough? Are we the biggest spenders? How much did the current holders spend?

What was the starting point for Jose when he inherited this squad. What claims were made at the end of the van Gaal era regarding the squad? I wasn't a member but I certainly read the forum and well, we needed a complete rebuild according to many. Have we had that?

Should we have spent more in the summer or can you, or anyone here honestly say the team is good enough?

It's not a case of defending Mourinho, it's a case of looking at the full picture.

Treble

I am assuming they are professional footballers. Their inability to do the very basics suggests it is intentional on their part.

While it's a lot, is it enough? Are we the biggest spenders? How much did the current holders spend?

What was the starting point for Jose when he inherited this squad. What claims were made at the end of the van Gaal era regarding the squad? I wasn't a member but I certainly read the forum and well, we needed a complete rebuild according to many. Have we had that?

Should we have spent more in the summer or can you, or anyone here honestly say the team is good enough?

It's not a case of defending Mourinho, it's a case of looking at the full picture.
You think what is happening now is normal given the quality of the players? They are shit? And those of Liverpool are world beaters? Ok, thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.