The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

Boondog

I hate today's political climate. Grew up California in the 70s and my family was very religious which I hated. Never could buy that shite so I grew up an atheist and voted Democrat because of dipshits who thought kids should pray in school, or that women should not be allowed the choice of an abortion, etc.

But then there was that shift by the Democratic Party about ten years ago where they continued to move further and further left which is just as bad to me as the extreme right wing was. So now I can't vote for those clowns because they are doing the same shit the religious conservatives did before, just from the other end of the spectrum.

So now we have two extremes working, both of whom are led by fecking idiots. And the left is more dangerous than the right to modern society because they are accelerating social decay by condoning a shit work ethic and championing an approach that will drain the West of its wealth and influence if it continues.

For example in the US we have gays as a group that I have always been sympathetic to. I always supported their rights to marriage and equality and voted for Clinton and Obama due to this. But I don't support them sending drag queens to kindergarten classes and confusing young children with sexual identity propaganda in their formative stages. That is not good for society any more than making kids pray in class when they don't believe in God. In fact it is worse long term, as it potentially leads to a culture where we have political propaganda recruiting to ensure more gays to support their agendas.

But maybe that's the truth of life or the human race, that there is no real middle ground on anything. That we are doomed to move to extremes and kill each other over our differences. Which is a shame, because the greatest examples of human government always include cooperation and finding middle ground. But maybe representational governments are in the midst of decaying back to dictatorships. Maybe the human race's future really is an image of a foot on a forehead because people are fecking cnuts that can't get past their own shite even when they're elected to do so.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I hate today's political climate. Grew up California in the 70s and my family was very religious which I hated. Never could buy that shite so I grew up an atheist and voted Democrat because of dipshits who thought kids should pray in school, or that women should not be allowed the choice of an abortion, etc.

But then there was that shift by the Democratic Party about ten years ago where they continued to move further and further left which is just as bad to me as the extreme right wing was. So now I can't vote for those clowns because they are doing the same shit the religious conservatives did before, just from the other end of the spectrum.

So now we have two extremes working, both of whom are led by fecking idiots. And the left is more dangerous than the right to modern society because they are accelerating social decay by condoning a shit work ethic and championing an approach that will drain the West of its wealth and influence if it continues.

For example in the US we have gays as a group that I have always been sympathetic to. I always supported their rights to marriage and equality and voted for Clinton and Obama due to this. But I don't support them sending drag queens to kindergarten classes and confusing young children with sexual identity propaganda in their formative stages. That is not good for society any more than making kids pray in class when they don't believe in God. In fact it is worse long term, as it potentially leads to a culture where we have political propaganda recruiting to ensure more gays to support their agendas.

But maybe that's the truth of life or the human race, that there is no real middle ground on anything. That we are doomed to move to extremes and kill each other over our differences. Which is a shame, because the greatest examples of human government always include cooperation and finding middle ground. But maybe representational governments are in the midst of decaying back to dictatorships. Maybe the human race's future really is an image of a foot on a forehead because people are fecking cnuts that can't get past their own shite even when they're elected to do so.
My man, you think the gays are sending drag queens to kindergarten classes to recruit for the gay agenda, and that the "left" (Biden and Pelosi, presumably) is more dangerous for promoting a pitiful amount of labour rights in the US than the people who actually tried to overthrow democracy. You're so fecking far away from the middle ground.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

The idea the Democrats are left wing never ceases to amaze me. They are the definition of the centre.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s cliché, but advocating for universal healthcare isn’t as militant as inciting a coup to overthrow democracy. The extremes are not equally situated from the center.

WPMUFC

My man, you think the gays are sending drag queens to kindergarten classes to recruit for the gay agenda, and that the "left" (Biden and Pelosi, presumably) is more dangerous for promoting a pitiful amount of labour rights in the US than the people who actually tried to overthrow democracy. You're so fecking far away from the middle ground.

What happens when your entire world view is solely informed by hyper-online "debates". Every single Ben Shapiro, Sargon of Akkad, Jordan Peterson talking point is checked off in that screed.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't support them sending drag queens to kindergarten classes and confusing young children with sexual identity propaganda in their formative stages. That is not good for society any more than making kids pray in class when they don't believe in God. In fact it is worse long term, as it potentially leads to a culture where we have political propaganda recruiting to ensure more gays to support their agendas.
In addition to the other responses to your post: how does one 'recruit gays'? Are you suggesting sexual orientation is a choice much like political orientation or religion?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Did he get banned for this? Poorly worded 'gays' paragraph but nothing he's said hasn't already been said by other active posters in different threads.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Did he get banned for this? Poorly worded 'gays' paragraph but nothing he's said hasn't already been said by other active posters in different threads.
I don't know what exactly got him banned, it was probably a general cumulative "we don't need this here" thing. But I think you're being kind when you're calling it "poorly worded", he did more or less directly accuse homosexuals of trying to recruit children through trans-events.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I don't know what exactly got him banned, it was probably a general cumulative "we don't need this here" thing. But I think you're being kind when you're calling it "poorly worded", he did more or less directly accuse homosexuals of trying to recruit children through trans-events.
The comments signal a heavy consumption of far-right media which has been pushing these cultural war themes for months now.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I guess keeping the US government funded is now viewed as treason by the GQP.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Who doesn’t have a picture of a golden AK-74 in a prominent place in one’s house?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think we should have a dedicated US politics thread. The House is currently a massive shitshow and McCarthy is being humiliated again and again but there is no thread discussing it.