The RedCafe Annual Awards 2011 | First Page Edited With Insults

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Gratitude at its finest I must say.
When you win a poster of the year award on an internet forum once, it's nice, in a mooted if genuinely slightly proud sort of a way, faintly accompanied by the knowledge you should really be doing slightly more with your life. When you win one twice, i think we can all agree it's about time to shoot yourself in the face.

I've no idea where this came from, I wasn't even in the running the last time I checked. Brophs or Hectic (or Pogue or Brwned for that matter) deserve it far more than me. I've just been sarky in a number of different forums.

Cheers though. I'll try and not be a dick about it.

Try.

cinc

When you win a poster of the year award on an internet forum once, it's nice, in a mooted if genuinely slightly proud sort of a way, faintly accompanied by the knowledge you should really be doing slightly more with your life. When you win one twice, i think we can all agree it's about time to shoot yourself in the face.

I've no idea where this came from, I wasn't even in the running the last time I checked. Brophs or Hectic (or Pogue or Brwned for that matter) deserve it far more than me. I've just been sarky in a number of different forums.

Try.
Then you did the Suarez rap.

Adebesi

Try.
You have done for the Poster of the Year award what Djemba Djemba did for our midfield.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
:lol:

Mockney

You would've won about 4 by now if you weren't deliberately trying to keep yourself off here by hiding in linguistics forums.

Chrisjn

Try.
Have you seen that South Park episode where they drive prius' and smell their own farts?

Plechazunga

You would've won about 4 by now if you weren't deliberately trying to keep yourself off here by hiding in linguistics forums.
The worst part is I'm a nobody on the linguistics forum, and the profs blank all my emails. I sent one of them a 3-page analysis of relative clauses in Shakespeare's plays the other day, attempting to resolve some obscure grammatical issue in the first folio of Romeo and Juliet. He's blanked it.

Actually come to think of it, there's a similar situation with my poems on here these days...

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Linguistics Forum?

That would be a fun invasion, but given the caf's inability to properly express itself in the correct manner, we'd probably be responsible for multiple suicides.

Plechazunga

Not really, they're all descriptive linguists, not grammar nazis...they love that shit

You'd struggle to find a professional modern linguist who goes round chiding people for using colloquial or dialect speech

On the other hand, they may not have encountered anything like devilish before, so all bets are off

Brophs

The One and Only
The worst part is I'm a nobody on the linguistics forum, and the profs blank all my emails. I sent one of them a 3-page analysis of relative clauses in Shakespeare's plays the other day, attempting to resolve some obscure grammatical issue in the first folio of Romeo and Juliet. He's blanked it.

Actually come to think of it, there's a similar situation with my poems on here these days...
I'd laugh but I've had to 'introduce' myself three times to the same person in the last couple of months, despite them asking me to do a piece of research.

twitter thread suggester
Not really, they're all descriptive linguists, not grammar nazis...they love that shit

You'd struggle to find a professional modern linguist who goes round chiding people for using colloquial or dialect speech

On the other hand, they may not have encountered anything like devilish before, so all bets are off
Are they as annoyed by full stops in thread titles as I am?

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
This thread made me do something i didn't do in a while & that's laugh my bollix off! Well done to all the winners & the presenters of the awards too.

Mockney

:lol:

There's a whole sitcom in that by itself.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Best and Most Annoying opposition poster

There is, if rubbish romantic comedies are to be believed, a fine line between love and hate. That is particularly apt in this case where the winner of both the award for Best and Worst Poster is the same person. He’s personally one of my favourite posters on the site and yet he seems to divide opinion like a racially-motivated attack by a Liverpool player, (or some sort of multiple choice question, if you prefer that analogy).

He’s one of the most readable posters on here in both the football and Current Events Forum and when he’s not taking the piss out of United, one of the funniest too.

The Best and Worst Opposition Poster for 2011 is peterstorey
I voted for him for both I think :D

Plechazunga

I think that's a fair description of pete

I'm tempted to say it's yin and yang, you couldn't have the acerbic wit if you took away the tedious WUM. But actually you could, easily, it would just involve him shutting up about half the time.

twitter thread suggester
Can't believe Team Brian got more votes as Best ABU Poster than Duffer.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I think I voted for a duffer. There are lots of good non-united posters come to think of it. it's a bit of shame that because there is a Best Opposition poster award, none of them really have a chance of winning any of the others.

Mockney

duffer's a very good poster, but Rupert posts more and is thus more noticeable. He's ever present on here. I like to imagine him flitting between several different opposition forum's Current Events sections, single handedly trying to reclaim the game in the name of gillet wearing equestrian school attending Chelsea fans.

Grinner's also made me laugh a lot this year. The oppos have been great. Big strength of the place IMO.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Neither, I'll make sure the punishment is memorable though.
Hectic! I thought you should have got the lifetime achievement award tbh. You are still the definition of epic though