The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Fergies Formula

can someone please send me a stream for the big fight, been looking round everywhere and all the sites seemed to be getting closed down! thank you@

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Shocking stoppage
You don't think the ref was justified? Gomez was doing well but he was badly hurt and Alvarez wasn't going to relent. I think he did the right thing getting him out of there. You can't eat too many shots like that without doing damage.

Don16

Annoying cnut
You don't think the ref was justified? Gomez was doing well but he was badly hurt and Alvarez wasn't going to relent. I think he did the right thing getting him out of there. You can't eat too many shots like that without doing damage.
I definitely think Gomez had done enough in the fight to deserve an extra few seconds to redeem himself

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
One of the blogs I'm looking at noticed that Gomez looked really bad after the first couple punches landed so the ref might've been ready and waiting to stop the fight if Gomez didn't fight back really quickly.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Disagree. Gomez was alert at the time of the stoppage and he hadn't took a sustained beating up to that point. In a fight of this magnitude the fighter should have been allowed to continue for a bit longer.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Disagree. Gomez was alert at the time of the stoppage and he hadn't took a sustained beating up to that point. In a fight of this magnitude the fighter should have been allowed to continue for a bit longer.

Perhaps you and Don16 are right. Personally I don't think Gomez would have made a full recovery and I don't think it was worth the risk as Alvarez landed some very hard shots, but I get where you're coming from. It was only half-hearted protest from Gomez to be fair, I think he knew he wasn't going to recover fully.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Supposedly Ortiz has shortened up bigtime at the bookies in Vegas, alot of money being put down on him. I remember this happening with Mosley too, though.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Supposedly Ortiz has shortened up bigtime at the bookies in Vegas, alot of money being put down on him. I remember this happening with Mosley too, though.

I would give Ortiz a bigger shot than Mosley, but I don't know how much that means. Can't see past Floyd.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Perhaps you and Don16 are right. Personally I don't think Gomez would have made a full recovery and I don't think it was worth the risk as Alvarez landed some very hard shots, but I get where you're coming from. It was only half-hearted protest from Gomez to be fair, I think he knew he wasn't going to recover fully.
You make a reasonable point mate as I don't think Alvarez would have let him back into the fight but when you get to the level of championship bouts I think the fighter needs to be given every chance to recover. The likes of Gatti made a career out of doing it!

Zen

Agreed, blatant headbutt should of got him disqualified not a point deduction.

Don16

Annoying cnut
For feck sake, I still havent seen what happened. My sopcast stream went to shit so i went back to my backup one, which is the most jittery piece of shit in history. For feck sake.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
What a fecking farce!

First of all, WTF was Ortiz thinking by throwing that headbutt? It was a moment of madness, and completely stupid.

Floyd was in control, but it was still a cheap shot. Cortez didn't even tell them to fight.

Very disappointing end to the fight. Cowardly acts by both.