Music The RedCafe "Original Songwriter's" Music Thread

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Have a listen to that guy I posted Kinks, you'll like him...

Kinky Melinky

Everyone knows that if they want to see a thread about music that they head in here.
In theory yes, but you and I know that this just doesn't happen. No offence to anyone (myself included) but people are lazy and get stuck into a habit. Even something as simple as moving the cursor down to display other forums to click on is something posters just don't bother doing.

You'd be wiser to consider the way most posters think rather than how you think Geebs. There are thousands of posters on here

Kinky Melinky

Oh.... I was at a party the other week Kinks and someone (who I'm friends with on facebook) asked me very loudly 'how do you know Aidan?' Then turned to her brother and husband and said 'hey lads, Michael knows Aidan....'

Then they all turned to me and said "Thats mad, small world, how do you know Aidan?"

I was very stoned and a bit freaked out so rather than admit it was through an internet forum about music where we commonly engage in homoerotic banter I told them we'd been lovers and that you'd fecked off to England and broke my heart.
:lol:

What the feck ? Who was asking you how you knew me ? How the feck do they know me ?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
If we're posting videos of friends then I might throw these ladies in there aswell. They've been getting some very good reviews of late and have spent the last two summers on tour with Ghost Mice in the States. Good friends of mine, last saw them play in my mate's kitchen.

Kinky Melinky

No problems if posters are putting up their mate's music so long as they genuinely are unheard of. I would also like to encourage posters to put up their own material. Put aside the the whole fear of thinking people will laugh at your music. You might be pleasantly surprised :)

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
No problems if posters are putting up their mate's music so long as they genuinely are unheard of. I would also like to encourage posters to put up their own material. Put aside the the whole fear of thinking people will laugh at your music. You might be pleasantly surprised :)
Depends what your definition of unheard of is. Unheard of to members of the Caf, or just totally unheard of full stop?

Eyepopper

What the feck ? Who was asking you how you knew me ? How the feck do they know me ?
Amo Carty, & her brother... I didn't know where to put myself, I felt like we were having some illict affair!

Haunting. I like it. Very Damien Rice-esque IMO.
He's excellent, I've heard a sneaky rough mix of his album and its cracking. I'm in the process of trying to rope the same backing musicians to play on my own.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Depends what your definition of unheard of is. Unheard of to members of the Caf, or just totally unheard of full stop?
Restricting this thread to music that no one has ever heard might pose a logistical problem. :angel:

Kinky Melinky

Basically someone who is start out, who clearly hasn't got much of a following and is relying on the likes of Myspace to try make a name for themselves.

The sole purpose of the thread is to support the start out musician. When I say start out I don't mean a beginner. By all means beginners can fire ahead, but I'm more so referring to players who have made the leap into full time music.

It's tough as nail. It really is, and it's threads like this that creates awareness. Even through people like Moses I have come across some-what start out players who would never get the exposure otherwise.

Kinky Melinky

Amo Carty, & her brother... I didn't know where to put myself, I felt like we were having some illict affair!

Ah yeah shit I forgot you knew them. That's hilarious man. I wish I was a fly on the wall. Would have loved to have seen your reaction

Eyepopper

some extra quick thinking was required alright... which made it look well suspect

Kinky Melinky

So when you told them we were lovers and that I had fecked off to England did they bother ask why ? Or did that sort of throw them into a state where they felt they should ask no more question ?

Eyepopper

They changed the subject rather quickly....

I actually did say we were lovers :lol: I was wasted... then when it got obvious that it wasn't as funny out loud as in my head I just said I knew you through music :D

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
If we're posting videos of friends then I might throw these ladies in there aswell. They've been getting some very good reviews of late and have spent the last two summers on tour with Ghost Mice in the States. Good friends of mine, last saw them play in my mate's kitchen.

Are they speaking English?

The Flying Potato

'Take A Gun and Shoot Her':lol:

Bad break-up then?

Not bad though.

Is it really that hard to pick and sing? If I had one criticism of the tracks in here it's that there's not enough picking going on. I think it'd open up a few doors creatively.
Yes, it canbe very challenging, its why most acoustic songs are built around chords and not picked out riffs

Eyepopper

You can pick chords too.... I've a couple of decent picked numbers.... dont have em on video though..

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Mockney's song is fecking fantastic.

Can't believe you knocked it together in a day or so

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
uhhh this turkish drum is giving me boozegumps

Mockney

I don't really have any clue what kind of music that is either..Red Indian Mariachi Mess is what I'm going to call it

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I know how bazalini would call it and it doesn't sound sweet to the ear

like this song, mind you

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
hey lads, here's a song I just wrote and composed, before posting it on youtube

oh yeah and close your eyes while you listen to it otherwise it doesn't work and you have the odd impression that a woman is in front of the camera

Mockney

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Mockney, we must collaborate

FWIW, A mate of mine did up album covers for me... one for my EP, one for my LP:

The Perspective EP

6 tracks, Produced entirely by my good friend and super producer Brent MacKinnon, it's basically a selection of the pre-reality of the music of Searl.

Originally the Perspective was supposed to be my debut album, but it's been 2 years in the making and alot of the content has expired, so alot i'd much rather not release... These 6 songs I felt it was okay to release so this will be a little pre-view before the CD comes out in December.

I Can See That
feck Me Over
Yes I'm In Love
City Nights
Catch Twenty Four
Soften The Blow

I can't save you, I can barely save myself.

Not emo, but real, the entire album starts at a positive and joyous peak, and dips into obscurity and danger... It's basically the alternative to what could have been a reality, my death in the hands of heartbreak... Most of the production on this project will be done by Brent MacKinnon, but there'll be some cuts scattered by other local producers, and hopefully I can get one song okayed by Canadian Hip-Hop superstar Classified

Tracklist is tentative but quite solid:

1. Work
2. Film
3. Hands
4. Drive
5. Fight
6. Sex
7. Focus
8. Cheat
9. Questions
10. Seperation
11. Rejoice